Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Amputee Dwarf Problems  (Read 746 times)

hormiga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Amputee Dwarf Problems
« on: November 23, 2010, 04:48:06 pm »

I have a one armed war hero that is spamming "cancels store personal item, too injured". She is missing her hand and upper arm... but her health record is clean. When she was wounded she passed out and almost died of blood loss during an ambush. She some how crawled back into the fort but I don't think she even was fixed by a doc (I guess her wound scabbed over and she was good to go).

Is this a bug? Is there some way to get her fixed? I retired her from her unit but now she just wanders around not being able to pick things up.

Jessoftherocks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grounds all green and mushy, in dungeons o Despair
    • View Profile
Re: Amputee Dwarf Problems
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 04:57:48 pm »

I had a similar interuption from one of my military dwarfs, unfortunately he had lost both his hands in a preengagement with some gabbos, the funniest thing is when I finally locked him up in a room since i was tired of him cancelling his "store personal item tantrum" and removed him from the rooms assigned bed , he mooded , as he ran and claimed a craftdorfs shop, he still managed to make an artifact , lol. In your case just remove him from the bed list and see what happens i guess??? if not starve him till he goes stark raving mad and than send your troops on him , for armok sakes he crazy !!!!
You obviously found a new species of smart kobold.
Way to go, you killed the only smart kobold's to have existed.
See? Not everyone avoids you!

Ancre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 05:09:50 pm »

I had a similar interuption from one of my military dwarfs, unfortunately he had lost both his hands in a preengagement with some gabbos, the funniest thing is when I finally locked him up in a room since i was tired of him cancelling his "store personal item tantrum" and removed him from the rooms assigned bed , he mooded , as he ran and claimed a craftdorfs shop, he still managed to make an artifact , lol. In your case just remove him from the bed list and see what happens i guess??? if not starve him till he goes stark raving mad and than send your troops on him , for armok sakes he crazy !!!!

Ha ha ha now I have a mental image of a dwarf with a crazed looks that kicks people out of their workshop, bites and brings the stuff he wants with his mouth, and then proceed to build a masterpiece with his bare feet. Hands ? Who needs hands ! This is dwarf fortress ! Not elven land of wimps !

hormiga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 05:17:40 pm »

if not starve him till he goes stark raving mad and than send your troops on him , for armok sakes he crazy !!!!

Son, there are two ways you can retire from the Fortress Guard: one of them involves getting killed by the gobbos or some tentacled daemon with a million noses..... and the other involves getting killed by your comrades after you go insane.