Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: SanDiego's realistic tissue rebalance  (Read 26239 times)

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
Re: SanDiego's realistic tissue rebalance
« Reply #120 on: September 30, 2012, 09:46:13 am »

Awesome

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 30, 2012, 10:08:01 am »

Great work has my seal of approval of it means anything  :'( non the less great work needed more blood on my adventures

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 30, 2012, 10:13:55 am »

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6dgjboj8z62znqn/Gore%2B%20v1.rar

Compiled the new update with nihilist's brain stem project, and My/Hugo's neck and spine fixes. This is basically grim grimoire, but it doesn't have all the fingers included so I call this little package "gore+".

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 03, 2012, 08:59:36 pm »

I greatly approve of the name "Bitey Syndrome".

+1
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi
It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

arkhometha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 04, 2012, 08:06:02 pm »

Great work SanDiego! Thanks a lot for this.

May I suggest you take a look at this mod:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=116332.0

for integration with yours and also, do take a look at the ignite point of body parts, since as it currently stands skin, bone, hair and scale ignite all at the same temperature, and fat will melt before skin, so a person would burn from the inside out.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2012, 06:55:30 am »

Thanks, I'll definitely go over that link once I have some more time :)
As for the burning problem - living tissues (except for plants, of course) really suck at burning. The reason is simple - they contain really lot of water (up to 80% in some). Most high-temperature injuries are caused by burning clothes (or by electric current). You need to reach really high temperatures to actually ignite those tissues - crematories operate at temperatures ranging from 880 to 980 degrees of celsius (1600-1800 in farenheit scale). That's a LOT of heat and you require prolonged exposure for the flesh to actually start burning. So, burns aren't result of act of burning, but rather tissue necrosis caused by intense heat. All other life threatening consquences are result of body reacting to the injury - swelling, shock etc. What would happen if you got hit by a short jet of flame this intese? Well, all your clothing and hair would catch fire. Your fat would really start melting. Then you would scream in agony, until you finally pass out due to fluid redistribution and loss and soon you would be a nice, smoldering corpse. But while you would be alive, your skin or other tissues won't burn.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2012, 11:12:40 am »

As for the burning problem - living tissues (except for plants, of course) really suck at burning. The reason is simple - they contain really lot of water (up to 80% in some). Most high-temperature injuries are caused by burning clothes (or by electric current). You need to reach really high temperatures to actually ignite those tissues - crematories operate at temperatures ranging from 880 to 980 degrees of celsius (1600-1800 in farenheit scale). That's a LOT of heat and you require prolonged exposure for the flesh to actually start burning. So, burns aren't result of act of burning, but rather tissue necrosis caused by intense heat. All other life threatening consquences are result of body reacting to the injury - swelling, shock etc. What would happen if you got hit by a short jet of flame this intese? Well, all your clothing and hair would catch fire. Your fat would really start melting. Then you would scream in agony, until you finally pass out due to fluid redistribution and loss and soon you would be a nice, smoldering corpse. But while you would be alive, your skin or other tissues won't burn.

Such a comforting description lol

arkhometha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2012, 12:42:18 pm »

Thanks a lot for the information, SanDiego!

Zucchini

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-Purpose Vegetable
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2012, 11:03:54 pm »

awesome...  totally awesome!

In other news, are dragons supposed to have skin convering their throats?
I want to take the ears off, but I can't.

Scrimpton

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 10, 2012, 01:36:36 am »

Can't think of a better place to ask..

Is there a simple way to add extra... events... to this game? I.e possibility for creatures/dwarves to err.. defecate.. when in serious pain?

Perhaps have the resulting... splatter.. be a negative to dwarven moods.. (or a buff to some seriously weird magmafodders?)

I've no idea where to start with something like that, so a point in the right direction and i'll go off my own way.

AutomataKittay

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinding gears
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 10, 2012, 05:30:58 am »

Is there a simple way to add extra... events... to this game? I.e possibility for creatures/dwarves to err.. defecate.. when in serious pain?

Perhaps have the resulting... splatter.. be a negative to dwarven moods.. (or a buff to some seriously weird magmafodders?)

I've no idea where to start with something like that, so a point in the right direction and i'll go off my own way.

I don't think there're any way to influence moods with mods and stuff. I'm sure there're something that could be done for fleeing, I know squid have ink sprays, http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Squid but I don't think there're one for pain.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 10, 2012, 02:05:16 pm »

Pain? No. The wiki page for syndromes has all the events possible under "counter triggers".

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 10, 2012, 02:38:39 pm »

ptw and to dl later.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 14, 2012, 04:00:11 am »

Hey, sorry to necro, but I'd like to say that this is a great addition to ways to cause PAIN in DF, and I think it's awesome!
However, errorlog shows a bunch of creatures with things like
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And that's just the first few, the whole errorlog is spammed with these.
Is this because you didn't add tissue thickness for these animals? Or were they not released yet? Because there are animals like dogs, cats and sheep that show up with this problem too.
Some help, please?  :-\

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 14, 2012, 09:34:28 am »

This is probably oversight on my side. I will try to have a look into it as soon as I have some time.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10