Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Sleeping habits.  (Read 1584 times)

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sleeping habits.
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2010, 04:49:23 pm »

I work two graveyard shifts a week, two afternoon shifts, and one evening class. So my sleep pattern shifts by about 8 hours semiweekly. I manage this with coffee when I need to be awake, and beer when I need to sleep. The system works.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2010, 04:52:40 pm »

Bleh, I go to bed around 10:00-11:00, often later(not that I want to) and lately have been getting around 9:00 and still feeling like I want to go back to bed. This might be related to the fact that it's fully dark around 4:30 now.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2010, 05:12:23 pm »

I usually sleep, oh, 2-3AM to 10AM.  It doesn't work so great.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2010, 05:15:25 pm »

I usually sleep from about midnight to 8 AM. College is fun like that, although I'm extremely grateful there are no pre-10 AM classes in my immediate future.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 06:00:34 pm »

Usually 12:00 to 6:00 for me. Weekends are 12:00 to 8:00. Of course, should anything happen to my sleep schedule I tend to go all insomniac for a week or so.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 05:51:42 am »

Usually 12:00 to 6:00 for me. Weekends are 12:00 to 8:00. Of course, should anything happen to my sleep schedule I tend to go all insomniac for a week or so.
how the hell do you do that?
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2010, 06:02:40 am »

10:30pm-7am, translated an hour later if I don't have to get up for something that day.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2010, 06:04:18 am »

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday I wake at 5:00pm and sleep at 9:00am the following day. On Thursday I sleep at midday and wake at 5:00pm then sleep again on Friday at 4:00am only to wake at 7:00am. Friday and Saturday 7:00am to 1:00am. On Sunday I wake at 7:00am and sleep at 7:00am the following Monday.

All the above might sound crazy but it's the quickest way I've figured to completely flip from days to nights.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2010, 06:29:00 am »

I tend to sleep... let's average it at two hours a night, with all nighters every other night or so and about two-four hours when I do sleep. Occasionally on weekends I can catch up with a nice ten hour rest, and every other week or so I tend to crash in the middle of the week. Back in high school I got about four hours a night and I thought that was bad. It's 7:26 am now, and since I don't have class until 1, I could really not go to bed for another while longer if I wanted to stay up more.

I find it funny that most of my closer internet friends are Aussies and Kiwis, since my odd hours let me hang out with them more than anyone in my about-twelve-hours-behind timezone. Sometimes they go to bed before I do :|

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2010, 09:47:52 am »

I'm in a similar boat to Retro, though I go to sleep at 2am-6am, and tend to wake up between 8am-12pm most days. I got through the better part of highschool on 4-6 hours of sleep, and pulled all-nighters once or twice a month, with no sleep at all. My short-term memory is worse than that of a chronic pot-head for it, too.

I really need to get better about that, but it seems all the fun things happen while I'd otherwise be sleeping. It's a tough habit to break. Also, Game/Movie nights tend to go late with me and my friends, and those drift around from day to day during the week.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 09:49:46 am by Solifuge »

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2010, 10:32:59 am »

There was a time not long ago where  was on medication that made me sleepy on top of already having a long sleep cycle of 8-9 hours, I would spend 12 hours in bed, meaning I slept for a little under 12 hours, then I would occasionally nap during the day as well.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2010, 10:44:37 am »

I don't really have any sleeping patterns . I simply can't fall asleep until I'm tired and sleep for 9-14 hours if I'm not woken up. As such, my schedule varies significantly, I may go to sleep at 11pm and wake up at 7am one day, and go to sleep at 3pm and wake up at 2am the next, and that's on days when I have obligations to go out. On weekends I regularly flip my schedule entirely, and as such it is common for me to wake up at 4pm on Sunday and not go to sleep until 4pm on Monday.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2010, 10:48:44 am »

Sleep around 2am, wake up at 6am on weekdays and 10am-2pm on weekends or holidays.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2010, 03:51:10 am »

Running on about two hours' sleep since Tuesday. About 5am. Almost done this essay... but if I go to sleep afterwords, I won't be getting up in time to drop it off regardless of what my alarm clock would have me believe. So I'll probably get to bed around 1pm. Eight hours to go. I can do this.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2010, 08:33:29 am »

I seem to be naturally nocturnal. If I don't have anything to do I'll stay up later and later each night because I don't get tired and wake up later and later until eventually I'm staying up all night and going to sleep during the day at which point I end up stabilising, getting sleepy each dawn and sleeping until sunset.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.
Pages: 1 [2]