Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38

Author Topic: North Korea fired artillery shells at South Korea  (Read 38775 times)

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: North Korea fired artillery shells at South Korea
« Reply #465 on: November 28, 2010, 10:26:50 pm »

Well then I welcome our molemen overlords.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 28, 2010, 11:47:32 pm »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 28, 2010, 11:52:54 pm »

Having completely ignored the past 9 pages or so, I saw a statement from Lee Myang Bak or whatever the hell his name is, El Presidente de South Korea, that Soko will not tolerate another such act and will be forced to attack Noko if it happens again.
One of the benefits of having a channel that plays stuff from Asian countries, I get news from Japan.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 28, 2010, 11:57:43 pm »

It hasn't been mentioned here yet, but one of the things that the recent WikiLeaks documents showed? North Korea sold Iran a (going from memory here) dozen missles generally designed to cary nuclear weapons, and the US found out about it. I'm too lazy to post a link at this hour, but any article about the documents will probably mention it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 29, 2010, 12:02:43 am »

It hasn't been mentioned here yet, but one of the things that the recent WikiLeaks documents showed? North Korea sold Iran a (going from memory here) dozen missles generally designed to cary nuclear weapons, and the US found out about it. I'm too lazy to post a link at this hour, but any article about the documents will probably mention it.
THA NIGGA BOUGHT ALUMINUM TUBESZ!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 29, 2010, 12:06:07 am »

There are also reports that NK moved some surface to air missiles closer to the coast of the yellow sea.

Whether NK is actually serious or just 'flaunting their guns' at the war excersize area, the whole situation has gotten even more volatile.

@MSH: Yea it was kind of already known that NK had done something like this, but the details coming out now really condemn Iran and makes them look even more dangerous. No wonder the arab countries were nervous about Iran.

I think the last time the world has gotten this nervous about war was the Cuban Missile crisis, without the communist invasion fears of course.

Edit: Oh yea, an Irish article on the korean stuff said that South Korea is on Watchcon 2, one level away from war. Although I don't know what level is 'normal' (as in they have it set on most of the time), but that should tell you how serious things are.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 12:12:29 am by smjjames »

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 29, 2010, 12:15:09 am »

Even though North Korea invading anyone would, by definition, be a communist invasion?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 29, 2010, 12:16:13 am »

Even though North Korea invading anyone would, by definition, be a communist invasion?
no that country is far from being Communist as China and The old school Soviet Union.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 29, 2010, 12:20:09 am »

North Korea supposedly removed the referances to being a Communist State from their Constitution. Honestly, they really are more of a Military-Controlled Fascist Dictatorship these days anyway.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 29, 2010, 12:20:56 am »

I meant invasion by the USSR (which is no longer the USSR) and in context of the time.

Twisted form of communusm that it is, NK wouldn't stand a chance against US firepower anyway.

Edit: What MSH said. I don't think there are any true communist countries that call themselves communist. Even Cuba, which could be regarded as communist, is reforming themselves.

No idea about Vietnam though.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 12:23:57 am by smjjames »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 29, 2010, 12:22:10 am »

I meant invasion by the USSR (which is no longer the USSR) and in context of the time.

Twisted form of communusm that it is, NK wouldn't stand a chance against US firepower anyway.
wait rewrite your words as now you involved Russia into your original statement which is confusing me.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 29, 2010, 12:29:08 am »

wait rewrite your words as now you involved Russia into your original statement which is confusing me.

I was trying to put it into the context of the time. In the 60s, alot of people were afraid of a communist invasion and the cold war was in full swing, but now, we aren't afraid of that kind of thing.

Almost nobody wants to see SK get taken over by that brutal regieme.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 29, 2010, 12:34:42 am »

This is bad. The world has been experiencing more and more wars. There have only been 3 weeks that no conflict has been ongoing in the last 50 years, where as 200 years ago that would be unheard of.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 29, 2010, 12:38:46 am »

This is bad. The world has been experiencing more and more wars. There have only been 3 weeks that no conflict has been ongoing in the last 50 years, where as 200 years ago that would be unheard of.

Not 100% sure what you mean here.

2<0?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 29, 2010, 12:40:41 am »

You're kidding, right? Warfare, if anything, has slowed ever since WWII. Throughout histroy, there not being a war going on at any given time is the exception, not the rule.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 38