Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38

Author Topic: North Korea fired artillery shells at South Korea  (Read 38627 times)

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
Re: North Korea fired artillery shells at South Korea
« Reply #375 on: November 27, 2010, 02:08:18 pm »

Oh. I totally missed that. My eye tends to scan over all but the most flagrant errors.

That's spelling not grammar though.
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 27, 2010, 02:39:49 pm »

Government cannot weasel outta this one: CHECK

Never underestamate the governments ability to weasel.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 27, 2010, 02:41:53 pm »

(Ironically this is how most american wars start. well ones we get are selves involved in)
So, how do most American wars end?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 27, 2010, 02:49:19 pm »

Never underestamate the weasels' ability to (appear to) govern.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 27, 2010, 02:49:34 pm »

(Ironically this is how most american wars start. well ones we get are selves involved in)
So, how do most American wars end?
Our own people get pissed at the government because it's the cool thing to do and a new president is elected to end it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 27, 2010, 03:06:20 pm »

O.k., they instigated the public: CHECK

The public is pissed and wants to blow them up: CHECK

O.k., politicians, we've got a WAR, stop dreaming that it's going away.

(Ironically, this is how most American wars start. Well, the ones we get ourselves involved in.{so, that means all of them, right?})
Il Palazzo - always ready to jump on the people-bashing bandwagon.

Also:
they instigated the public
Illuminati?

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 27, 2010, 03:07:22 pm »

Fnord
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 27, 2010, 03:09:47 pm »

Our own people get pissed at the government because it's the cool thing to do and a new president is elected to end it.
Or because... it's going wrong?

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #383 on: November 27, 2010, 03:14:18 pm »

O.k., politicians, we've got a WAR, stop dreaming that it's going away.

Ew, that is a word that should be cut wherever possible. Ugly ugly thats pop up everyfuckingwhere.

How many wars go right?
You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 27, 2010, 03:17:32 pm »

How many wars go right?
No wars for anybody, but us Americans have a bit of a contradiction within ourselves. We can do amazing things and likely could crush other countries easily, but because of our freedoms we can't work together enough to make such things possible. It does stop us from being evil dictators(I am well aware of your looking at the middle east and back at us with glares, this is in general), but hell if we can get anything done when half of us want to head out and do everything, the other half wants to stay at home and leave everyone alone, and the third half just wants to profit from whatever is going on.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 27, 2010, 03:50:02 pm »

How many wars go right?

There have been a few "bloodless" wars... but many people, including myself, don't really consider them a war.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 27, 2010, 03:57:34 pm »

How many wars go right?

There have been a few "bloodless" wars... but many people, including myself, don't really consider them a war.

Yea, its rare that a war ends up being a win-win for everybody involved. It's usually a win-lose (or lose-win) since theres always one party that considers it a win. There are wars that end up being a lose-lose for everybody involved in some way or another.

A nuclear exchange is kind of the ultimate lose-lose because even though you've blasted your enemy, you've triggered a massive global climate disaster, so now what?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 27, 2010, 04:00:48 pm »

How many wars go right?

Yea, its rare that a war ends up being a win-win for everybody involved. It's usually a win-lose (or lose-win) since theres always one party that considers it a win. There are wars that end up being a lose-lose for everybody involved in some way or another.

A nuclear exchange is kind of the ultimate lose-lose because even though you've blasted your enemy, you've triggered a massive global climate disaster, so now what?
Climate Disaster? That's all? You may have forgotten the "Hey look, they're launching missiles, it might be at us, kill them" Chain reaction.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 27, 2010, 04:08:04 pm »

How many wars go right?

Climate Disaster? That's all? You may have forgotten the "Hey look, they're launching missiles, it might be at us, kill them" Chain reaction.

Yea well, I kind of summarized it.

If North Korea does have a nuke (which they actually might have, given their nuke testing a few years ago), they are crazy enough to actually do it.

Someone like Iran or Pakistan letting off nukes is much more likely to set off a chain reaction of nukes than North Korea, but the possibility is still there even for a North Korean nuke launch because of the close proximity of major nuclear powers. Even so, nobody (sane) really wants to start off a nuclear war.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2010, 04:10:22 pm by smjjames »

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 27, 2010, 04:17:16 pm »

Even so, nobody (sane) really wants to start off a nuclear war.

Yes, but we aren't talking about sane people, we are talking about the crazed dictator of a hyper militaristic country. If they have nukes (and they probably do), they're going to launch them (or try to) sooner or later, and quite possibly sooner, if this continues to escalate.
[/post]
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 38