Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38

Author Topic: North Korea fired artillery shells at South Korea  (Read 38808 times)

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: North Korea fired artillery shells at South Korea
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2010, 09:32:39 pm »

If we invade, we need to do a total radio jam of NK, then just rain non-nuclear ICBMs north of the DMZ.

Err.... that's going to work how exactly?
Magma is overrated.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2010, 09:34:08 pm »

Because it will.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2010, 09:35:58 pm »

If we invade, we need to do a total radio jam of NK, then just rain non-nuclear ICBMs north of the DMZ.

By wrecking what little infrastructure does exist before even invading. I hearby motion that we call this plan "Preemptively Scorched Earth", or rather we would if all the misslies wouldn't almost certainly cause China to start a nuclear war.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2010, 09:41:08 pm »

It's not like they starve their people *entirely* for kicks or by mismanagement.  They just have different priorities.  Like spending ALL THEIR TIME fortifying the living crap out of their country.  Hell I wouldn't be surprised if half their hospitals were actually really big guns.  Or hospitals AND really big guns at the same time, that they plan to glue orphans to when they get attacked.  Also, they are just as mountainous as Afghanistan, except the temperature gets down to like -10C.  And all their caves have guns in them.  Did I mention that every single one of those guns is trained on downtown Seoul?  I don't doubt that they are all in buried-phone-line communication, with their own large stockpile of ammunition.  Destroying infrastructure wouldn't matter.

There wouldn't even be time to evacuate.  Attacking North Korea would make them fire all those guns, and would probably cost ten million civilian lives.  They are holding the entire South Korean civilian population hostage with a shotgun to the head.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2010, 10:12:34 pm »

Nonsense. I bet they would, in fact, be greeted as liberators! Let's do this folks!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 23, 2010, 10:22:00 pm »

By wrecking what little infrastructure does exist before even invading. I hearby motion that we call this plan "Preemptively Scorched Earth", or rather we would if all the misslies wouldn't almost certainly cause China to start a nuclear war.
Basically, we negotiate Preemptively Scorched Earth with China and Russia and even let them fire a few thousand tons of their own high explosives. Basically, do this on every square inch of land north of the DMZ within artillery range of Seoul. Because "Hey, we'll let that square mile gohshit thirty five thousand artillery pieces there."

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 23, 2010, 11:55:26 pm »

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if half their hospitals were actually really big guns.
Half of zero hospitals is zero guns. Did you take that into account?

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2010, 12:13:05 am »

Hell I wouldn't be surprised if half their hospitals were actually really big guns.
Half of zero hospitals is zero guns. Did you take that into account?
They have hospitals. And by "hospitals", I mean horribly understaffed medical facilites where dirty beer bottles substitute IV bags and self-taught surgeons operate without anesthesia while using haphazard improvised tools. And there's no electricity. I am not kidding in the slightest. All of this can be seen in the National Geographic documented medical expidition to deal with the nation's cataracts epidemic. For the uninformed, cataracts is a blindness-causing ilness that can be easily treated in developed countries.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 12:16:18 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2010, 12:20:21 am »

searched for it on youtube, watching...

Anyway, I will post this priceless pic before someone else does:
Spoiler: For great justice! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 12:26:42 am by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2010, 12:36:30 am »

I love how none of those "battleships" are actual battleships.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2010, 07:41:50 am »

I love how somehow this thread turned from a halfway serious discussion of a geopolitical crisis into a Command & Conquer scenario.

Now it's on the level of "Who would win in a fight between The Hulk and Iron Man?"

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2010, 07:57:57 am »

To be honest, we should really have liberated North Korea years ago.

The poor fucking people living there. =(
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2010, 08:00:17 am »

To be honest, we should really have liberated North Korea years ago.

The poor fucking people living there. =(

Sorry if I may say i'm skeptical as to what you are implying there.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 38