Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38

Author Topic: North Korea fired artillery shells at South Korea  (Read 38864 times)

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Re: North Korea fired artillery shells at South Korea
« Reply #90 on: November 23, 2010, 08:34:50 pm »

Kim is crazy. Batch f**king crazy. he made his serfs think the weather changes based on his MOOD! His successor has one massive challenge, being more nutz than him. This could herald a general South-East Asian War. It would unfold like this:

1. NK shoots at SK.
2. SK shoots back.
3. China takes this as a chance to get back at Japan for arresting that captain that ran into a Japanese boat.
4. India goes 'Oh hell no!' and attacks China
5. Pakistan goes for India
6. US troops ion Afghanistan attack P. The 2000 F-16s in Taiwan scramble and assault China.
7. Iran gets pissed that USA is involved, invades Afghanistan and Iraq.
8. Rest of the Middle East backs them up
9. Israel takes them on.
10. Russia goes 'Damn! Let me in on this!'
11. EU gets into a fight with them
12. Nukes launched
13. WWIII officially declared
14. ???
15. Profit!

fixed
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 23, 2010, 08:48:41 pm »

If we have to do something about NK, I think a regicide would be cool.
Over-under on SEALs needed; betting starts at 15.5

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2010, 08:52:12 pm »

Over-under on stealth bombers needed to remove all artillery positions. Betting starts at 5.
 Mostly because the world can only afford that many.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2010, 08:59:19 pm »

First place any strike is going is against their nuke plant.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2010, 09:07:13 pm »

If we invade, we need to do a total radio jam of NK, then just rain non-nuclear ICBMs north of the DMZ.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 23, 2010, 09:13:15 pm »

Shhh, pipe down, I'm trying to watch the beginning of WWIII.

Anyway, NK has been itching to do this for a while now. I sorta doubt it'll escalate into something big before larger nations intervene though, not with the US and holy mother Russia watching and waiting for an excuse to play red alert 3 IRL.

This is only wishful thinking on my part of course, Russian would probably not intervene :P
Anyway, I don't expect this to escalate into WWIII, it'll probably remain an isolated, although notable, incident, hopefuly. Either that or it'll spell doom for NK.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 23, 2010, 09:13:57 pm »

Shhh, pipe down, I'm trying to watch the beginning of WWIII.

Really? Who is siding with North Korea?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 23, 2010, 09:14:36 pm »

Kimmy's just being antagonistic.  Nothing'll come of it.
Shoes...

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2010, 09:16:53 pm »

Dumb ass North Korea starting shit where shit should not be started.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2010, 09:17:56 pm »

Work on the street is, it's actually not Kim Jong Il at the head of this circus.  His son decided he wasn't getting enough attention, so he called up his buddies in the military command, who owe him fealty as the next God In Human Form, and decided to throw a little party for himself at South Korea's expense.

I wonder if this is what war was like all the time back in the days of monarchs.  The prince gets bored, rounds up some knights, and goes out to raise Hell in the neighbor's fields while King Dad sits at home pulling his hair out.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2010, 09:19:12 pm »

I wonder if this is what war was like all the time back in the days of monarchs.  The prince gets bored, rounds up some knights, and goes out to raise Hell in the neighbor's fields while King Dad sits at home pulling his hair out.

Actually yes.

It does happen.

Except oddly enough the popularity of the Monarch after doing so often wasn't negatively affected.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2010, 09:21:20 pm »

Man, China must be digging this right now. With a booming industrial economy, they only stand to benefit from having a NK/SK conflict nearby, to supply arms for.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2010, 09:22:42 pm »

His son decided he wasn't getting enough attention, so he called up his buddies in the military command, who owe him fealty as the next God In Human Form, and decided to throw a little party for himself at South Korea's expense.
Someone should go and kick that little bastard right in the nuts. That would teach him.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2010, 09:23:51 pm »

His son decided he wasn't getting enough attention, so he called up his buddies in the military command, who owe him fealty as the next God In Human Form, and decided to throw a little party for himself at South Korea's expense.
Someone should go and kick that little bastard right in the nuts. That would teach him.

Ohh gosh... why do I think this is going to somehow spawn another Team America movie?

Azzuro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2010, 09:30:09 pm »

I highly doubt that an actual war would start over this - there's a reason why this has been happening for years and no one has fired a shot at North Korea yet. South Korea knows that even if they win, much of Seoul would be reduced to a pile of burning rubble. China might have the strength needed to crush the North Korean leadership before they issue orders, but they would have to deal with the cost of refugees fleeing north. Japan is also angry at North Korea, but they hardly have the forces needed to successfully invade, much less keep the region under control. The US is also unhappy, but to them, North Korea isn't that much of an immediate threat, being an entire ocean away. In addition, the buildup of US troops in North Korea would be seen as an aggressive gesture towards the Chinese, which share a border. The UN doesn't do anything because ... well, it's the UN. They never do anything.

In short, North Korea exists where no one dares to touch them, not because of superior military might, but because of all the geopolitical fallout that would result from an invasion.

United Forenia Forever!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 38