Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38

Author Topic: North Korea fired artillery shells at South Korea  (Read 38638 times)

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
Re: North Korea fired artillery shells at South Korea
« Reply #540 on: November 29, 2010, 07:58:25 pm »

Well, our Prime Minister did manage to say that Britain was a "junior partner" in the war against Germany in 1940.  Sigh...

That is... stupid. Having had an idiot for a president for eight years, you have my sympathy.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 08:09:12 pm by AntiAntiMatter »
[/post]

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 29, 2010, 07:59:04 pm »

Especially since the only American cables I've seen pointed out amount to ambassadors saying their host countries leader is a fool. Unless I've missed something?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 29, 2010, 08:02:05 pm »

Anyways, one wonders if the new wikileaks would be enough to make Kim Jong Il have a temper tantrum once he learns that China isn't so much of an ally as was believed.

Off topic to the thread, but I'm wondering if Iran is even more pissed when they learned that their Arab "friends" were actually begging us to attack them to put a stop to their nukes.

A real cynic would surmise that the US let this leak happen to turn nations it didn't like against each other.

Actually, if you look at the news stuff, Ahmemenoud passed it off as propoganda. If anything, thats like Iran giving the other countries the middle finger.

@DocZ: You haven't read all of them, thats what you're missing.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 29, 2010, 08:03:29 pm »

Which is obviously NOT the entire Korean peninsula.
It clearly said that the Republic of Korea had claim upon the whole of the area 'in that which the great majority of the population of Korea reside'. Korea, before the war, was a country that occupied the whole peninsula.
No it wasn't. It was divided from WW2 into a soviet-sponsored zone and an US sponsored one.  Your research-fu is weak.

Damnit, man, you could at the very least run a google search before going into pompous declamation mode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Division_of_Korea
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 08:07:05 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 29, 2010, 08:05:07 pm »

Especially since the only American cables I've seen pointed out amount to ambassadors saying their host countries leader is a fool. Unless I've missed something?

Nope, anyone who is reasonably smart regards him as an imbecile. Sadly, this country is severely lacking in these people. *Sigh...*
[/post]

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 29, 2010, 08:07:47 pm »

Teddy Roosevelt was the last great President.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 29, 2010, 08:08:27 pm »

An awful lot of the cables did seem to be officials from middle eastern countries telling America to bomb Iran.  Does seem slightly convenient, somehow.

The Doctor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 29, 2010, 08:09:10 pm »

I said HOST leaders, not HOME leaders. Not Bush, but like the American ambassador to France said Sarkozy was an authoriatrian jackass, the Russian guy said Putin was a dog, and the Turkish guy said the Turkey President didn't know anything beyond Ankara. But that's the worst I've seen for America.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 29, 2010, 08:09:21 pm »

Nope, anyone who is reasonably smart regards him as an imbecile. Sadly, this country is severely lacking in these people. *Sigh...*

Just who are you referring to? the UK Prime Minister?

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 29, 2010, 08:09:27 pm »

Teddy Roosevelt was the last great President.

Teddy Roosevelt:  Great President or Greatest President?

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 29, 2010, 08:10:05 pm »

I said HOST leaders, not HOME leaders. Not Bush, but like the American ambassador to France said Sarkozy was an authoriatrian jackass, the Russian guy said Putin was a dog, and the Turkish guy said the Turkey President didn't know anything beyond Ankara. But that's the worst I've seen for America.

Sorry. My bad.
[/post]

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 29, 2010, 08:15:44 pm »

Polish resistance involves secretly switching German salami with Polish sasuages, thereby slightly confusing German soldiers.
Oh, how I crave to sing harrowing ballads of the Polish struggle against the invader! Of their allies' betrayal, of the Soviet backstabbing. Of our best minds being executed at Katyn, on Stalin's orders. Of the many lives lost, and brave insurgents fighting to their last during the Warsaw uprising. Of the Polish pilots fighting the Battle of Britain, Polish paratroopers fighting alongside Brits at Arnhem, dying at Monte Cassino... and then being sold at Yalta. All those patriotic tales we, the (tench-hut)Brave Polish People(at ease), grew up on.
But I shan't. You wouldn't believe me anyway, you uneducated bunch of internet weirdos. Go and drink some vodka, like real men do.

An awful lot of the cables did seem to be officials from middle eastern countries telling America to bomb Iran.  Does seem slightly convenient, somehow.
The world: So, US, why did you attack Iran?
US: Well, their neighbours said we could...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 29, 2010, 08:23:42 pm »

The US still has to face their own public as far as a war with Iran goes, whatever the reasons are. Unless of course nukes get involved and then we have no choice.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 29, 2010, 11:09:20 pm »

You know who didn't really have any involvement in World War II?

Poland. Like, none of their people were willing to lift a muscle in that war. You guys really should have picked it up a bit more.
Your false words shall not harm the mighty spirit of Polish people. Our bodily fluids remain strong.

The Poles fought well, given the state of their equipment. I think the shaped-charge grenade on the end of a horseman's lance was when the Polish army jumped the shark though.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 29, 2010, 11:18:28 pm »

Of their allies' betrayal, of the Soviet backstabbing. Of our best minds being executed at Katyn, on Stalin's orders. Of the many lives lost, and brave insurgents fighting to their last during the Warsaw uprising. Of the Polish pilots fighting the Battle of Britain, Polish paratroopers fighting alongside Brits at Arnhem, dying at Monte Cassino... and then being sold at Yalta. All those patriotic tales we, the (tench-hut)Brave Polish People(at ease), grew up on.

True facts, all of these. Of all the sticks in WW2, Poland's was one of the shortest. Not to mention all the work Polish cryptologists did for the Allies, too.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38