Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Game Companies You Miss  (Read 7187 times)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Game Companies You Miss
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2010, 01:20:03 pm »

And yet no other mentions of Free Radical Design.  Creators of the last MP shooter that was actually fun.

HAZE?   ;D

Man I wish they would have made HAZE less... hm, dull I guess.  They had this established style and they just tossed it for the plant blurry sort of realistic but not really style in HAZE.  The game had some very interesting concepts and was in a way a sort of commentary on video game violence itself which was cool, but that in no way overshadowed the immense mediocrity of it.  And the protagonist was so well, just like the rest of the game, bland.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Buttery_Mess

• Bay Watcher
  • 11x11
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 19, 2011, 09:05:14 am »

Anyone remember OCEAN?
But .... It's so small!
It's not the size of the pick that counts... it's the size of the man with the pick.
Quote from: Toady One
Naturally, we'd like to make life miserable for everybody, randomly, but that'll take some doing.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 19, 2011, 09:25:10 am »

Anyone remember OCEAN?

I loved head over heels, an example of near perfect game design there I think, but I can't think of anything else they made that was wonderful? I know they did a lot of arcade ports to but I don't think any of them were great.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 19, 2011, 09:25:20 am »

I miss Bullfrog. :(
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]