Is this a poll?

Yes.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. Wait. No? No, wait. Yes.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 24, 2010, 03:12:13 am

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Illustrated Suggestion Game (With subtitles in the header!)  (Read 4129 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suggest-an-action game (Cute demonic forces AND pictures on looseleaf!)
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2010, 02:46:55 am »

What's that cross back there? Maybe a religious pamphlet?

Demons are supposed to not like holy symbols and such, right? Even if it's just a picture of one, a rolled up newspaper decorated with holy symbols would probably work better than a regular one.

Hey, and even if it's just a useless pamphlet, maybe he'll read it and reconsider this whole flesh-eating thing?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2010, 02:47:34 am »

I was thinking about the coat rack or the lamp, frankly.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2010, 02:52:37 am »

coat rack
Yes. Those things hurt, trust me.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2010, 02:53:29 am »

Awesome, Glacies is doing a pic-adventure.  I love your art dude, I remember that old "I'll draw what's happening in your fortress" thread quite fondly.

> Wear that lampshade on your head.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2010, 03:54:28 am »

May as well describe everything in the room. I've got time. There's only a demon in the halls eating someone. On the far left there's a stack of Nazi arm bands left over from a production of "The sound of music". I thought they burned them once the show was over or something, but I guess not. Then there's a bunch of boxes and a freakin' heavy looking four by eight. It looks like a lamp from the eighties has sought refuge here, too. I imagine one of the staff members needed to get rid of it, but didn't want to drag it out to the landfill or throw it out, so they just dumped it in the prop room and everyone thinks it's from that time we did "Priscilla, queen of the desert." I try to forget about that. Then there's a bunch of zebra rugs make entirely of the horrible scratchy crap that nobody ever wants in carpets ever. There's a painting of Aylett Buckner, a folk hero from the United States renowned pretty much nowhere for killing some indigenous folk, and a set of oars propped up against the far wall. The oars didn't even do anything, either. Then, there's the stack of old Christian Inquirers, so I guess that makes two stacks of offensive rags so far. Then, there's a plastic sword, and a set of stair-step things used to make singing people taller when they're standing in rows. More rugs, a collection of ghastly footwear, and a dog-eared Christmas tree. Since it's early November at the moment this means it is at least eleven months old. Not that it matters, since it's made out of Chromium Carcinogenitium and effectively ageless. A set of grey filing cabinets is set against the wall. Then there is a bare hat rack and a box full of small hats sitting next to it.

Well, I'm not exactly the religious type, but, well, demons. If brandishing it doesn't work, either because it's an alien like in doom or I'm just not a true believer or I'm in the wrong denomination then I'll still have an inventory item that can be used to solve puzzles after I am disembowelled for waving a pamphlet around at Mephisto.

The coat rack would make it awkward to get through doors and would make me loud and obvious. Or at least more loud and obvious then I already am. I'll grab it if the demon finds us in here or something, but...really, there's got to be something a little more portable in here.

Oh, and did I mention I have not slept last night?

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suggest-an-action game (Wearing the lampshade!)
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2010, 05:03:03 am »

"Robert, uhm, on the phone, why did you say there was a kid with a gun instead of a troll-thing?"
"Uh, cos' they would think I was crazy if I started spewing nonsense about demons."
"Oh. So what did they say?"

"Well, you heard of Gregorian chant? Like when a bunch of people get together and sing in a church a long time ago?"
"Uh, no, but go on..."

"Well, that's what they did, only they were demons."
"..."
"On the other end of the line. A demon thing answered the phone. Or something."
"..."
"You're not having a very good day, are you?"

Also, maybe we should do something?

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2010, 05:17:09 am »

Have the more religious of the two of us pray (or if we're about the same level of religious have Sarah pray) while the other person tries to rummage through the boxes. That thing looks like a demon, so it probably won't hurt and might get us an angelic saviour.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2010, 05:52:54 am »

"Sarah, I have an idea."
"Uhm. What?"
"Well, you could, uh, I was thinking you could, like, pray or something while I look around."
"Pray? Uh. Okay. Whatever. I'll try."

Hmm. If only I could find something heavy...
"Any luck yet?"

"No sudden divine inspiration yet."
"Well, try a different denomination."

Heavy, yet portable...
"Still no luck?"

"Judaism is failing me."
"Well, keep trying."

Something really solid, with some heft to it...
"Anything?"

"Islam is not the answer."
"Oh, damn. I was hoping that one would work. Oh well, carry on."

Solid, heavy, portable, and floats in water...
"How about now?"

"I'm getting a sort of indifferent feeling from the ancestors but at least the room smells nice now."
"Mmhm."

Wait...EUREKA!

Huzzah!

"This will do nicely as a club."
"Okay. Great. Can I stop praying?"

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2010, 07:12:04 am »

lol
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Re: Suggest-an-action game (Praying against the demonic threat!)
« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2010, 11:43:12 am »

> Try Norse mythology, Egyptian mythology, pastafarianism, wicca, and scientology to.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2010, 11:47:34 am »

I loved the way Robert was just standing around thinking while Sarah was praying with those OHGODI'MGOINGTODIE eyes. That update was epic.
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2010, 11:59:05 am »

> Try Norse mythology, Egyptian mythology, pastafarianism, wicca, and scientology to.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2010, 12:35:05 pm »

pastafarianism
If this won't work, nothing else will.
 Edit:I will lol if it actually works.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2010, 09:40:42 pm »

"So I found a plank. Maybe if you keep praying we'll find a machine gun back here."
"No. I am not praying any more."
"All right."
"..."
"..."
"So what is the plank FOR, exactly?"

"I'm not entirely sure. I guess I'll use it as a club or something as a delaying tactic."
"Um, okay..."
"..."
"..."
"What are we going to do?"
"Well, we're going to escape. I don't know exactly how, but I think the prop rooms and stuff connect to the auditorium and from there, maybe we can run right out auditorium entrance. Or the front door. Then we leg it down the road to city hall. I guess."

We both stopped to think. I have no idea what Sarah's thinking about, but...is that the only demon? Is the school full of them? Is the city? The world? How many are there? Is it just the one?...If it is just one, what do we tell the police at city hall? And what's the next move?

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
Re: Illustrated Suggestion Game (With subtitles in the header!)
« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2010, 11:19:28 pm »

Go grab an oar from the back wall. Planks are rather unwieldy.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4