Is this a poll?

Yes.
- 0 (0%)
Yes. Wait. No? No, wait. Yes.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: November 24, 2010, 03:12:13 am

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Illustrated Suggestion Game (With subtitles in the header!)  (Read 4119 times)

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Illustrated Suggestion Game (With subtitles in the header!)
« on: November 22, 2010, 03:11:15 am »

So, I think I have the time to do a little suggest-an-action type game. I'll draw crap and scan it, and you can suggest stuff for your character person to do. Death is permanent, and stupid crap is not helpful. Pick a protagonist to control during the game. It's going to be set in a high-school, a setting I'm sure some of you are familiar with. You'll get more in-depth information about the character once you end up as them. When and if the protagonist dies we'll pick up as another character at the time of death. The other protagonists will be bouncing around the situation and can get themselves killed (Theoretically) or you could kill them. Which is all pretty unlikely. Because we're not doing anything REALLY stupid. I hope.

Here's an illustration of the characters we can be.

From left to right, they are:

Sarah
Grounded-in-reality, hard worker. Resilient. Plays the violin. Wealthy.

Robert
Spacey but intelligent and somewhat charismatic. Lazy but efficient. Highly observant.

Bill
Agile, arrogant and somewhat angry. Plays parkour. Smokes weed. Wears sunglasses indoors.

Jacob
Strong, and fast. Plays football, goes hunting. Loud, and enjoys being the center of attention.

Kate
Quiet and calm. Strongly opinionated and willed. Dual Chinese-Canadian Citizenship.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 09:41:22 pm by Glacies »

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
Re: Suggest-an-action game (With illustrations on looseleaf!)
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 03:16:07 am »

Definitely be Robert.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 05:15:31 am »

Right. We're Robert now. From here on in, Robert's narrating.

Ohh god. I'd exclaim that I'm very late for class, but really it's only like four minutes into class time and there are still people wandering around in the halls. I think I'm supposed to go to Theatre Arts. Can't remember if it's flip day or not. Maybe I'm supposed to go to writing. Huhm. I'm thinking I should have slept last night. On the left there's a work-safety warning poster. They're all over the school. It's supposed to be for heavy-equipment using shop class students, or maybe the staff just don't trust us with pencils. On the right there's a trash can. Our school has no recycling program. So it's probably full of offal from the cafeteria and is composting nicely.

Well, now I guess I'll...uh...you go ahead and suggest something.

Enzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 05:19:00 am »

lolwhoops
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 04:10:56 am by kinseti »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2010, 05:25:18 am »

Robert is awesome :D

go to Theatre Arts.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 06:25:34 am »

Right. Okay. You'll see the entire journey but if we need to go back and forth in the future I'll spare you the entire tour of the nondescript halls. So. Theatre arts. I like that class. I think I'll go there. That means that first I need to go to the stairwell.

There's a motivational poster with a sunrise pasted onto the wall a flight above. I'm too far away to read what the caption is, thankfully. Now, down the stairs is..wait, what's that noise?

Oh. Eww. I don't think they're getting nearly enough air. Well, none of my business. Let's pointedly study the mural of a purple mars with pyramid and two crescent moons being visited by an astronaut, as depicted by the finest artistic talent of the school circa 1968. Hmm. Yeah, it's about as fascinating as one would expect. Moving on.

This is the janitorial cubby-hole. It's odd, because the staff and janitorial crew insist they're called custodians. I'm pretty sure that means that they own things. In this case, it's probably the bucket filled with unspeakable black fluid probably mopped out of someone's nasal canal. This is why I don't eat institutionalized food. The halls on the first floor are a lovely lemon yellow, finely aged to an off-white unhealthy looking hue, with a freshly painted Burgundy stripe following the edge of the ceiling. Now, over to our left...

...Is Jake, who takes Theatre arts with me. He's texting. We're friends on the basis that I pretend to sympathize with him about how terrible some of the other people who are just as offensive as us are. I find it odd that we get along because he is a conservative homophobic black guy who took theatre arts as a bird course and I am a Liberal white guy with my primary cause being the advocacy of gay rights. He doesn't like Theatre arts, which is a shame, cos' he is actually very, very good at improv'. We're lurking in the hall in front of the mini-theatre, which is where Theatre Arts is taught. Since Jake takes this class and is right outside the room texting, it's likely I came to the right class. So, uh, now what?

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 10:50:02 am »

"Hey, Jake."
"Hey, Robert. What's up?"
"Late. As usual."
"I know, man."
"Yeah."

We sorta stand around awkwardly. But then, Jake asks us a question!

"Why are you wearing suspenders?"

Should I respond with something funny, or something scientific?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2010, 01:42:24 pm »

"I'm going to strangle you with them."
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2010, 02:41:24 pm »

Should I respond with something funny, or something scientific?
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2010, 03:16:30 am »

"So why are you wearing suspenders?"
"Well, actually they're braces. Suspenders are a piece of Victorian clothing used to keep garters or stockings up, and aren't really used any more because now stockings can stay up with elastics. Braces are designed to keep trousers up and are called "Suspenders" down in the United States. Here they should be called "Braces" cos' we're using English English."

"What?"
"Forget it."
"Okay. Uh. What's going on, man?"
"Are we in this class now? Cause', it's flip day, isn't it?"
"Dude, no, flip day is tomorrow."
"Isn't it Tuesday?"
"Robert, it's Wednesday."
"Ooh. That makes sense."
"Uh...okay, whatever, see you later."

This is my Theatre Arts class. It looks like the teacher, Ms. Olive, isn't here yet so most of the students have swung by, dropped respective book bags, and left. Dan, Jacob and Sarah are here, though. There's a desk at the base of the stage we normally use as a prop. The thing is made of teak or something, cause' it's down right invincible. The light doesn't have a safety on it. I'm gonna have to have a word with Kirk about that. So, uh, now what?

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2010, 03:29:50 am »

Sit around and twiddle thumbs

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 04:59:29 am »

You know it just occurred to me that I left my back pack at home. It has my binder and stuff in it. This could be a problem when writing class rolls around. Let's see...what DO I have on me?

Inventory:
Flask of cold coffee
Brown notebook
Black notebook
Pencil
Wallet with library card, student transit pass, Provincial ID, 12c.
2$ coin

While I'm sorting out my stuff, Jacob and Dan get tired of waiting for Ms. Olive to show up and decide to skip off to go waste time in the halls or something. It's been about fifteen minutes, maybe I should wander up to the office and ask about-

"Did you hear that?"
"Huhn? N-no. What happened?"
"I think somebody was screaming out in the hall?"
"Uh, uhm, okay."
"You think maybe we should go see what's wrong?"

I am presented with three options: Say something funny, something scientific, or something dashingly romantic.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 08:49:44 am »

I am presented with three options: Say something funny, something scientific, or something dashingly romantic.
Just because saying something funny at this point would be evil,therefore cool.
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 10:27:55 pm »

Okay. Hmm. Something bitingly clever. Okay. SAY SOMETHING CLEVER!

"Uh...okay."

Damn

Okay. Well. There was almost certainly a scream. This may have something to do with the big trail of blood leading down the hallway. Thankfully, I do not have to follow it against my better judgement...

...because of the demon eating some dude ten feet down the hallway. Wait. What.

Bad thing fails a spot check.

Well, at least I'm not feeling tired any more. Now what do we do?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Suggest-an-action game (Now with demonic forces AND pictures on looseleaf!)
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2010, 12:56:40 am »

Get Sarah out of there and run away!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4