Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Is there any way to remove skills?  (Read 566 times)

anqxyr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Google Profile
Is there any way to remove skills?
« on: November 22, 2010, 02:23:55 am »

I want to remove unnecessary skills from migrants, so, for example, my jeweler would not have rusty fish cleaning skill or something  equally useless. Best way that I come up with is use Runesmith to set this skills to 0 and remove all experience. But it still show dabbling skill in dwarf description. Is there any way to completely remove skill, as if dwarf never even had it?
P.S. My English sucks, yeah.
The forgotten beast Namicamela has come.  It is a colossal fluffy wambler.  It has thick, soft fur and undulates adorably.  Beware its awwwwww, aren't you a fuzzy widdle guy.
In software development, the first 90% of the project takes 90% of the time, the last 10% takes the other 90%.

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any way to remove skills?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 04:07:09 am »

OCD much?
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 06:13:25 am »

The second best way to remove unnecessary skills from migrants is to have them crushed under a drawbridge.

The best way involves magma.
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.

orbcontrolled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2010, 09:17:39 am »

The only thing I can suggest is to never even look at their labor screens in-game, and just use Dwarf Therapist for all your skill-viewing needs.