Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Strange moods: have any of them ever made you mad?  (Read 2610 times)

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strange moods: have any of them ever made you mad?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 08:24:31 am »

1 fort, 3 artifact shoes, all of them for the left foot.

So your dwarves had three left feet?

Ravac

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 08:44:25 am »

This really didn't make me mad, just frustrated - I had a recent, nearly useless migrant with novice skills in animal training, metal crafting, and glass making go into a secretive mood... and not do anything despite having every workshop built. I even deconstructed and rebuilt the smelters and forges but to no avail. She just hung out in her room and slowly went melancholy.   ???

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 08:49:06 am »

This really didn't make me mad, just frustrated - I had a recent, nearly useless migrant with novice skills in animal training, metal crafting, and glass making go into a secretive mood... and not do anything despite having every workshop built. I even deconstructed and rebuilt the smelters and forges but to no avail. She just hung out in her room and slowly went melancholy.   ???
They don't like magma-powered stuff in general; maybe she wanted a regular one while you only had magma ones? Fey moods, fortunately, require no charcoal, so you wouldn't have wasted anything more than the actual materials of the artifact.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Herbiie

• Bay Watcher
  • Loyal Unto Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 09:04:49 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
All that wasted time for a stupid bracelet? Used about lots and lots of rock :|
The once dark-grey walls are now the dark brown of stained blood. At either side of the path leading to the great granite gates is covered with the corpses and skeletons of Goblin invaders.
Some are still fresh. One is still moving.
As you approach the gate a nervous guard looses a bolt in your direction. Silence... Slowly, gradually, the huge doors screech open. Inside there is a courtyard, the floor wet with blood. Welcome to the front-line. Welcome; to Cloisteredwood.

Ravac

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 09:21:08 am »

They don't like magma-powered stuff in general; maybe she wanted a regular one while you only had magma ones? Fey moods, fortunately, require no charcoal, so you wouldn't have wasted anything more than the actual materials of the artifact.

Hmm... maybe that was it then. It's all magma-powered. Thanks for the tip.

JonBrant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 09:40:12 am »

Used to cancel the mood if the forge lost power, so I think it was probably just changed so they wouldn't use it

And by cancel, I mean fail and they'd go insane
JonBrant has been possessed!
JonBrant claims a computer!
JonBrant has begun a mysterious construction!
JonBrant has completed Kitten Blood Waterfall!

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 11:05:25 am »

One of my armorers made a right lead low boot.
I don't know how good that is stats wise, but it's gotta be hella impractical.

atomicthumbs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 04:02:06 pm »

Freakin' brass anvil.

Jachim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 06:08:35 pm »

Vulture bone rope.......

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2010, 06:19:31 pm »

My fish cleaner (whose only moodable skill was Bowyer) just made my third artifact for this fort.

Ilromstelid Rimad AMud, "Peakwashed the Tactic of Thunder". a willow BOW.

I kinda want to give this elf imposter to the river gods... but then again, the artifact just jumped my created wealth 40%. And a legendary bowyer would be helpful to creating my marksdwarf swarms.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

Musashi

• Bay Watcher
  • cancels Work: distracted by Dwarf Fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2010, 06:34:49 pm »

I once got an artifact blowgun.
I was so enraged I preferred to ragequit and reload the save to get another artifact. Thank Armok, the bowyer became sane and made instead a legendary crossbow.
I don't mean to alarm you, but it appears that your Dwarves are all in fact elephants.

Acperience

• Bay Watcher
  • Introjection
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2010, 10:30:23 pm »

This is a featherwood war hammer. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of platinum. This object menaces with spikes of platinum, obsidian and morion. On the item is an image of Zokun Dastotom Zansonggarem Onol, Bronze Colossus

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2010, 11:22:33 pm »

I just had a miner get a mood and turn out an artifact quern.  He promptly became a legendary miner. I already have four of them; a legendary mason would have been more useful to me.  I set the quern up in the meeting hall, though.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Ubiq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2010, 11:38:55 pm »

Freakin' brass anvil.

Whenever you get tired of the fort, abandon it and then go to that fort in Adventure Mode with a Legendary Thrower. That or Misc. Objects User.

Night creatures shall know why they fear brass anvils!

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2010, 11:49:20 pm »

Just two words.

Possessed armorer.
Possessed anything. I just lock them inside before they can get their materials and let them starve as punishment.
Pages: 1 [2] 3