Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Gay shenanigans at the UN  (Read 11147 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: UN declares killing homosexuals acceptable
« Reply #75 on: November 22, 2010, 04:31:42 pm »

I tried to warn you all but you didn't listen to me, oh no. Oh no. Its just a harmless little United Nations!

*checks his window*

*does not see Gay Nazis riding Tyrannosauruses, despoiling the US and Nikov's property to the backdrop of a mushroom cloud*
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 22, 2010, 04:33:54 pm »

NIKOV IS RIGHT WE MUST NOW INSTATE HIM AS WORLD LEADER!

But really.

Funny you can tell who is readding the thread and who is just reading the title.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2010, 04:49:54 pm »

The only reason this was passed is because you will never find a greater hive of scum and villainy than the UN. Almost every tin-pot dictatorship in the world is on it. So they all vote to pass resolutions like this and bam! You can now kill the gays. It is like asking Hitler what to do with jews. This is why we need to abolish the current UN and reform it with the requirement that you be a functioning democracy to join it. Otherwise Iran ends up on the board that protects human rights, and they condone stonings!
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2010, 04:54:13 pm »

Fuck, people! Nobody voted to allow killing gays, for Jebus' sake.

Quote from: amendment
"In operative paragraph 6 (b), replace any discriminatory reason, including sexual orientation with discriminatory reasons on any basis"

Stop bashing the UN(at least not for something it hadn't done).

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2010, 04:55:36 pm »

My point still stands.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2010, 04:57:41 pm »

Funny you can tell who is readding the thread and who is just reading the title.

Well, Jackrabbit's already been asked to change the title, but he doesn't believe the clarifying information anyway, so the thread's doomed to be a revolving door made of hardened shit.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 22, 2010, 05:04:28 pm »

And it menaces with spikes of hardened shit.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 22, 2010, 05:05:45 pm »

And it revolves in a way that can only be described as Hardened Shit.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 22, 2010, 05:13:13 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 02:03:25 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 22, 2010, 06:05:49 pm »

Well, Jackrabbit's already been asked to change the title, but he doesn't believe the clarifying information anyway, so the thread's doomed to be a revolving door made of hardened shit.

I can always create a new thread that states, "African Group Successfully Campaigned To Change A Sentence In Meaningless UN Resolution For Potentially Dubious Reasons, People Freak Out".
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 22, 2010, 06:12:16 pm »

I still think my lgbt country is the solution, the solution to ALL the problems.
*Hugs*

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2010, 06:13:23 pm »

Not if you consider Gay people to be a problem.

Just saying.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 22, 2010, 06:13:54 pm »

Fuck, people! Nobody voted to allow killing gays, for Jebus' sake.

Quote from: amendment
"In operative paragraph 6 (b), replace any discriminatory reason, including sexual orientation with discriminatory reasons on any basis"

Stop bashing the UN(at least not for something it hadn't done).

You mean someone on the Internet doing blog journalism could possibly be wrong or biased?!

Granted, what does the rest of that paragraph say? It does still seem slightly sketchy that they'd adopt an amendment specifically removing the mention of homosexuality; there's always the possibility they want it to be more vague.

Either way, this is why we don't leave civil rights to popular vote.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 22, 2010, 06:26:01 pm »

Some time ago, the UN decided to make a draft resolution called A/C.3/65/L.29 about extrajudicial killings, but then the African Group comes in and suggest an amendment to this draft resolution [they likely didn't support the text which singled out homosexuality specifically] (which was called A/C.3/65/L.29/Rev.1). The amendment was accepted, with 79 Yes, 70 No, and 17 Abstain (US voted No).

The resolution, with the amendment text, was then passed overwhelmingly (165 Yes-10 Abstain, US Abstained). So it wasn't as if the UN actually voted to change law, all they did was revised a draft resolution (basically a bill) before actually approving of it.

In context, here is Operative Paragraph 6 (b)...in all its glory, with the original draft of the resolution.

6. Urges all States:

b)To ensure the effective protection of the right to life of all persons under their jurisdiction and to investigate promptly and thoroughly all killings, including those targeted at specific groups of persons, such as racially motivated violence leading to the death of the victim, killings of persons belonging to national or ethnic, religious and linguistic minorities, killings of persons affected by terrorism or hostage-taking or living under foreign occupation, killings of refugees, internally displaced persons, migrants, street children or members of indigenous communities, killings of persons for reasons related to their activities as human rights defenders, lawyers, journalists or demonstrators, killings committed in the name of passion or in the name of honour, all killings committed for any discriminatory reason, including sexual orientation, as well as all other cases where a person’s right to life has been violated, and to bring those responsible to justice before a competent, independent and impartial judiciary at the national or, where appropriate, international level, and to ensure that such killings, including those committed by security forces, police and law enforcement agents, paramilitary groups or private forces, are neither condoned nor sanctioned by State officials or personnel;

Full Text
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 22, 2010, 06:45:04 pm »

I agree that, logically, it does make more sense to not single out homosexuality. On the other hand, "any discriminatory reason": What does that mean, exactly? Who defines what's "discriminatory"?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10