Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarfen Empires.WHAT THE HECK?  (Read 3069 times)

Re: Dwarfen Empires.WHAT THE HECK?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 02:54:27 pm »

How about dweemer? :D can we use that? or do we have to wait until we can build golems?

Technically, that's dweomer. And that's about dwarven magic / language. :p

If we were to be technical about it, it'd probably be dwarron or dwerron. "Dwarron Empires".
The Ashikaga Dynasty - A Europa Universalis 3 Let's Play - Sadly Cancelled Due To Bugs

Yarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 03:26:00 pm »

It's spelt dwarven. ;p

Not necessarily.  "Dwarven" is just the spelling popularized by Tolkien- "Dwarfen" is just as valid (especially if you're a Terry Pratchett fan).

Actually, nevermind.  The adjective the game uses is "dwarven," so technically we should use that.

How about dweemer? :D can we use that? or do we have to wait until we can build golems?

Just don't set your megaproject to be 'Build own god using heart of semi-deceased god.'  The entire  civilization disappearing suddenly would not lend itself to Fun  :P

You fine just aslong as some greedy council of knife ears dont come poking around...

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 03:41:04 pm »

I believe "Dwemer"  refers to the dwarves of the Elder Scrolls game "Morrowind"; they built a demigod golem and either magically self-destructed or transcended this plane of existence.  golems would be a pretty sweet thing to build (like improved war dogs, but no need for rope and are built in a mechanics workshop).  Ok i'm playing a dwemer game--goal: weaponize ghosts, live up to Dwemer reputation as necromancers.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 04:32:24 pm »

I don't see the resemblance.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Helm

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2010, 06:00:21 pm »

It's spelt dwarven. ;p

Not necessarily.  "Dwarven" is just the spelling popularized by Tolkien- "Dwarfen" is just as valid (especially if you're a Terry Pratchett fan).

Actually, nevermind.  The adjective the game uses is "dwarven," so technically we should use that.

Just don't set your megaproject to be 'Build own god using heart of semi-deceased god.'  The entire  civilization disappearing suddenly would not lend itself to Fun  :P

.......stuff all the complex explanations for Elder Scrolls.  That would make everything SO much simpler; "The Dwemer tantrum-spiralled". 

the great fool

• Bay Watcher
  • the Elf butcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2010, 07:54:25 pm »

have you checked to see if the dwarven empires have invented atomic weaponry?  :P
An Elf in a cage is worth two in the forest

Cespinarve

• Bay Watcher
  • Lege lege lege relege labora et invenies
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2010, 08:47:29 pm »

It's spelt dwarven. ;p

Dwemer.  The word is dwemer, and secondly, the dwemer were a race of elves that, because of etymological drift were referred to as "dwarves", which will get you mocked by a few scholars in the Elder Scrolls games, and also by me.
Nice one, not sure when I'll be feeling like killing a baby but these things are good to know.
This is why we can't have nice things... someone will just wind up filling it with corpses.
Arrakis teaches the attitude of the knife — chopping off what's incomplete and saying: "Now it's complete because it's ended here."

Naros

• Bay Watcher
  • [COVETS_SPOONS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 09:13:52 am »

And to think, you could be getting on topic responses if you had only spelt Dwarven right! :P

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2010, 12:47:46 pm »

It's spelt dwarven. ;p

Dwemer.  The word is dwemer, and secondly, the dwemer were a race of elves that, because of etymological drift were referred to as "dwarves", which will get you mocked by a few scholars in the Elder Scrolls games, and also by me.

Your mockery is like music to my ears.
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

cog disso

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress: Hatchetminds
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2010, 04:22:19 pm »

Smurven.
Urist McShrodinger likes unobservable properties for their haunting implications.

UnrealJake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 05:17:24 pm »

Smurven.

What IS a smurf? The ghost of a dwarves? I like to think so.
Huochong sounds like what you hear when a ninja hits somebody with a frying pan.

"HUOOOOOOOOOO-"
*CHONG*

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2010, 06:12:30 pm »

Smurven.

Seeing as how (most) of them have lost their beards, they seem more like the damned souls of deceased Dwarves, cursed by Armok to forever wander the accursed overbright and live in Elfish harmony with nature.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

lollius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2010, 03:32:52 am »

Well,I probably found out why the empires were so big.None of them was in war with the goblins,not even this weird red ------------- line

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2010, 04:17:26 am »

Smurven.

Seeing as how (most) of them have lost their beards, they seem more like the damned souls of deceased Dwarves, cursed by Armok to forever wander the accursed overbright and live in Elfish harmony with nature.

Also, they get butchered by a kitten.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
Pages: 1 [2]