Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Danger Room Advanced Questions.  (Read 1741 times)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
Re: Danger Room Advanced Questions.
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2010, 10:34:50 am »

whats the speciality on v18? didnt see any difference beside that armor now protects toes and fingers :)
Dwarves can be impaled by training spears now.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

pixl97

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2010, 11:16:33 am »

Have you actually let well equipped dwarves go fight some goblins after they only become legendary fighters?
Really the only other thing you should care about is shield use so they have durability vs bolts and arrows.

Everything else? Let them actually train you jerk. It's faster after they max out fighter and you don't need to make an army of soldiers that could each solo entire sieges- at least not before they've ever had actual combat experience. You don't deserve to have soldiers than can handle everything within the first year.

Not sure if your talking to me, but yes I do deserve to have soldiers that can handle everything in the first year. After hitting a huge Adam spire my fort went from a broke dirthole to a barony with 20M credits in no time. A few dwarves went moody and made insanely expensive artifacts. Now 30+ goblin shocktroopers are showing up on GIANT F'ING BATS! Ya, they tore the crap out of well trained soldiers.  So I've.. err, my baron mandated that the best army money can buy be formed and trained as quickly as possible to repel the vile force of evil. We've got an adamantine tower to build to the heavens, not time to piss around with goblins.

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 04:34:30 pm »

whats the speciality on v18? didnt see any difference beside that armor now protects toes and fingers :)
Dwarves can be impaled by training spears now.

erm .. so i did the training today on 3 different training rooms with light armored  trained naked and heavy armored guys .. training  rooms were equipped with 1, 6 and 10 training spears ...

the only injury that happened in 3 years training were in the first week with the naked guys .. 2 bruises on the legs .. all others had no issue at all .. i let em train in 7-10 people groups

standard armor with leather robe/hood/cap/trousers+socks(+highboots) and heavies got extra steel armor full clad

so i dont get the issue of people claiming the danger room stabs people .. besides you would take real spears .. yeah that will do quite nasty things to your trainees .. same to menacing spikes .. but danger rooms with that are no measure of training ..rather a case of special nobility training if you know what i mean

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 04:44:51 pm »

Interesting. I had armored dwarves get impaled by no-quality training spears.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

schussel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 05:22:03 am »

Interesting. I had armored dwarves get impaled by no-quality training spears.

but you get them to keep their clothes on or give them a leather layer? if you dont then the armor alone will not suffice.. and may be stabbed by even the trainign weapons
Pages: 1 [2]