Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are there any 3d visualisers for 31.18?  (Read 1056 times)

johnny_cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Are there any 3d visualisers for 31.18?
« on: November 20, 2010, 10:46:04 am »

I want to get a better feel for the site I'm embarking on so I can plan out my fort better, I'm not using anything other than Phoebus's graphic pack, which basically means that I've been micromanaging everything in my fort.

If there aren't, will I be able to use the world generated for 31.16?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 10:59:58 am by johnny_cat »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Are there any 3d visualisers for 31.18?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 05:25:06 pm »

I don't think there are (in fact I don't think there are ANY visualizers that work with .18 yet) but yea you should be able to generate a world in .16 and move the save to .18 without issue.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

johnny_cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 06:08:17 pm »

I don't think there are (in fact I don't think there are ANY visualizers that work with .18 yet) but yea you should be able to generate a world in .16 and move the save to .18 without issue.

What I was asking was if I could take the world I'm using right now which was generated by 31.18 and use it in the previous version?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 06:25:09 pm »

Oh my bad.

When I tried it way back in a previous version doing that was a no-go.

I haven't tried with this version though, so If you really need to visualize something I would give it a shot just copying the save.  But I would not be hopeful.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 07:08:46 pm »

Not necessarily - I tried this with a particular save and it didn't work. It is possible that there were shenanigans involved with this particular file, though.

Marconius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 07:53:12 pm »

You could try exporting your worldgen parameters in legends mode, then using those (including the seeds) to generate a world in .16. That should give you the same world, but genned in .16, so no issues.

Sexy Mustard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 03:13:18 pm »

Actually Fortress Overseer is indeed working with 31.18 all you need to do is download the memory.xml file from here and swap it out for the original one.