Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Defend Your Homeland  (Read 2402 times)

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
Defend Your Homeland
« on: November 20, 2010, 02:42:51 am »

First things first. When you're talking,actions are bold and speaking with me or the others is done in normal text.
 Secondly: What the hell is this? This will work the way X of Y/you are X games work-you tell me what the character does,and the option which is the most confirmed or I like the most is chosen. However,to mix it up,we're going to use dice rolls like in RTD games,but we're using d12 instead of d6 because it's hard to make a minor skill boost/drain with d6. Rolls are:
1-2:Epic Fail
3-4:Fail
5-6:No Progress
7-8:Minor Progress
9-10:Progress/just as planned.
11-12:Overshoot
 We're going to use rolls only for actions that are hard to do or require skill.
 Let's begin,shall we?
 Also we have mecha of the two-legged,armless type.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 Setting:
 It is the year 2303. Mankind has progressed far in robotics,engineering,medicine and most importantly space travel,however many technologies stayed mostly the same . The ability to reach far away galaxies has completely changed life for the humans. Many planets were discovered that were almost exactly like earth - they had oceans and rivers,jungles and forests,glaciers and deserts,even mammals,reptiles,birds and everything else you could see on earth. As the planets became colonized,the people began caring only about life on their planet and mostly forgot about the world around them.
 You live on Quaran IV a tiny planet that has been colonized for its perfect life conditions and potential for agriculture. Most of the planet is covered in fields or forests.In the east there are also many tiny tropical islands,in the north - mostly useless rocky terrain and a small glacier,in the south - a huge desert rich in oil,but too hot for any organic beings,therefore housing a huge fully robotic oil industry.
 There are only two countries of Quaran IV : The Republic of Danar in the west and north and The Empire of Nalor in the east and south.The Empire of Nalor used to mind their own business extracting oil and refining iron but their greed has led them to attack them Danar.
 You wake up with your mothers shouts of "Wake the hell up you lazy shit".The war with the Nalorians has started only two months ago,but it's already hell.Today your towns population is being evacuated to the capital.You stand up and look at the mirror.Your eighteenth birthday was only a week ago.You have short messy black hair and blue eyes.You're quite athletic and kind of short.You really hate it when people comment on your height.Also you could probably use a shave.
 You get dressed and go to the living room.Your mother and sister are packing their baggage.And your father?You wish he was alive.You really hated your mother.She would berate you all the time,refusing to acknowledge your superiority over her.You hardly know your sister.As far as you know she is three years older than you and really carefree and lazy.However mother wouldn't berate HER for it.Still,nice girl.
 You return to your room.

You remember your past.Maybe you shouldn't be so cold to your family.As far as you remember you've been too busy...(choose 2)
...studying physics (+1 to physics (shooting) )
...studying chemistry (+1 to chemistry skill (explosives and identifying chemicals) )
...studying medicine (+1 to medicine skill (healing and identifying wounds/infections) )
...studying engineering (+1 to engineering (repairing guns and mecha,also makeshift crafting) )
...working out (+1 to athletics (reaching tricky places,taking cover and also close combat,which you will be doing rarely.) )
...chilling with your gang (+1 to speech (diplomacy,bluff,intimidation) )
...performing petty crimes (+1 to stealth (sneaking,stealing,silent assassination) )
...hacking (+1 to computers (hacking,operating robotic turrets and mecha) )

You decide you should probably be traveling light.You should take 2 items with you.
-Switchblade (note:melee is pretty useless in a semi-realistic setting with guns.This will be as situational as any other item you can choose.)
-Bandages
-Laptop (note:for hacking and gathering information)
-Toolkit
-2 empty syringes

You look at the mirror again.You should probably wear something practical.

-Camo vest,jeans and military shoes. (Protects from damage.)
-Black death metal hoodie,black trousers and sneakers. (+1 to sneaking)
-Black tank top,cargo pants and sneakers. (+1 to athletics)

« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 01:33:19 pm by tomas1297 »
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Defend your homeland
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 02:51:42 am »

Been busy:
...chilling with your gang (+1 to speech (diplomacy,bluff,intimidation) )

Take:
-Toolkit

Wear:

Seems interesting.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
Re: Defend Your Homeland
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 04:43:00 am »

Been busy:
...studying engineering (+1 to engineering (repairing guns and mecha,also makeshift crafting) )

Take:
-Toolkit

Wear:

Balded? O.o

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 04:45:25 am »

Bolded.Sorry. >.> <.<
You saw nothing!

Edit:On the bright side someone else posted,yay!
There was a time when cocksuits would have offended me. It's kind of bad that the time has passed.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 04:45:36 am »

Been busy:

Take:
-Toolkit

Wear:

Balded? O.o
seconded

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2010, 05:01:20 am »

Been busy:

Take:
-Toolkit

Wear:

Balded? O.o
seconded
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 05:27:45 am »

Well,we know already how this is going to end so let's continue.

- - - - - - - - - -

...You remember the more peaceful days.You would spend most of your time studying engineering and hacking. Without thinking twice,you take the two of your most prized possessions - your laptop and your toolkit. After that you put on your camo vest,jeans and military shoes. You start feeling a little uneasy. What if they conscript you?
 Your thoughts are interrupted by your mothers yelling...again. You can sure admire her lung capacity.
 You and your family leave your apartment and travel to the city center. The whole towns population can be seen standing there.
 A few moments later many military trucks arrive and the people begin getting in.A soldier points at the three of you and leads you to one of the trucks.

You sit in the back of a truck with your mother,sister and a few soldiers and civilians. No one is talking. The silence feels depressing.
 Suddenly you see a helicopter. By the colors and symbols on it you recognize it as one of the Empire. The helicopter launches a rocket and you quickly jump out of the truck. You hear an explosion behind you. You're the only one to survive.
 You know you must act quick.The helicopter is getting closer. The road is surrounded by forests. You would probably be safer there. Then you can travel to either the military camp not far from here or take the longer route to the town where you were heading. What do you do?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lore (people):
-Your family :

Edit:Funny thing,I wrote "we already know how this is going to end" and got ninja'd with a "this" type of post.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 08:10:52 am by tomas1297 »

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 07:11:20 am »

In the FUTURE(tm) all laptops of course come with solar panels. >.>

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 08:11:04 am »

In the FUTURE(tm) all laptops of course come with solar panels. >.>
Ok.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2010, 08:41:13 am »

Sprint into the woods, just out of sight and wait for the helicopter to leave. Then we should go back and check out the remenants of the convoy. See if we can find anything useful.

quip

• Bay Watcher
  • ???
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2010, 04:18:16 pm »

Sprint into the woods, just out of sight and wait for the helicopter to leave. Then we should go back and check out the remenants of the convoy. See if we can find anything useful.
Seconded.
This sounds like a pretty intresting thread... I will be lurking...
Hell hath no fury like an angry vampire pimp.

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 03:28:33 am »

I'm not doing dice rolls yet,because you don't have many options on what to do now and killing you off at this point would be a dick move.
_ _ _ _ _

You quickly sprint into the wood. The helicopter starts firing from its minigun,but the shots miss. The pilot realizes he won't spot you here and flies of to a different location.
 You leave the forest and after looking around,approach the convoy. The back of the truck was blown up and nothing of worth was left undamaged. You open the door to the driver seat. The driver looks dead,but upon closer examination...yes! He's alive! He seems to be unconscious from the shock wave and he has some shrapnel in his arm. The truck won't start in this condition,but it has a working radio. What do you do?

Lore (people):
-Your family :

Allies:

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 03:33:35 am »

Pull the driver out of the car as gently as gravity will allow, lay him next to the truck, retrieve the radio, then retreat back into the forest with driver and radio in hand.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 05:10:40 am »

Is this one of those radios that are built into the truck?

tomas1297

• Bay Watcher
  • Lack of originality.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 08:34:54 am »

Is this one of those radios that are built into the truck?
Sadly,yes,therefore...

retrieve the radio

...is a no.

Edit:Sorry,I guess I had to make it clear sooner.
Pages: [1] 2