Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Paperscale II - Community Fortress  (Read 8804 times)

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes paperclips for their attachments ಥ‿ಥ
    • View Profile
Re: Paperscale II - Community Fortress
« Reply #90 on: December 07, 2010, 01:24:27 am »

I'm guessing he canceled playing DF temporarily due to being interrupted by rhesus macaques. (Man I hate those monkeys.)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 02:57:47 am by Derp Sandvich »
"He's blind, but he was still able to find the way to the hospital, he vomits, and his lungs are going numb. So what? I don't get why you always want a diagnosis even though they're all doomed. Even a kitten can see it. He got sprayed by a monster's bodily fluids, that should be enough diagnosis. There, he has lupus. Happy? He's going to die. Like everyone else. I know it because I'm better than all of you, because I know how to use a goddamn crutch. Where the hell did you put the sunshine?" ಠ_ಠ

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 07, 2010, 08:29:11 pm »

More true then you might think, though I would love some monkeys to eat all the damn bugs in .18.

Either way, Paperscale has not been abandoned. I just am a bit busy at the moment. I don't want to give a promise on a date I will do an update, but it shouldn't be more then a week, and even that is a stretch.

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes paperclips for their attachments ಥ‿ಥ
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 08, 2010, 02:34:27 am »

As long as it's not abandoned I'm fine with that, and busy with other things myself while I wait for an update.
"He's blind, but he was still able to find the way to the hospital, he vomits, and his lungs are going numb. So what? I don't get why you always want a diagnosis even though they're all doomed. Even a kitten can see it. He got sprayed by a monster's bodily fluids, that should be enough diagnosis. There, he has lupus. Happy? He's going to die. Like everyone else. I know it because I'm better than all of you, because I know how to use a goddamn crutch. Where the hell did you put the sunshine?" ಠ_ಠ

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 08, 2010, 06:47:13 am »

Heh. Well, I was doing some playing around with the file today, and came to the conclusion that I have, unfortunately, stumbled across a fortress-breaking bug. No joke. I cant place anything. Its not my game, since I can load a different world and play just fine, but it seems like Paperscale II might need a re-embark. Same biome and everything, but I cant have the same embark area. Might need to even regen a new world. The fortress isn't very far, so it would only take an hour or two, but that does mean new dwarf profiles for everyone.

What a bummer. Seems like all my Paperscale projects flop just as they get good. I'll be looking for a workaround for the bug, but I cant promise anything. If I cant get anything done about it, I'm going to re-do the embark profiles. Everything else can stay, I so no reason for the story to change if the setting is the same.

Anyways, godspeed.

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Always the trader...trading you some BLUE STUPH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 30, 2010, 02:57:51 pm »

It will soon be a month without a post, and while I do understand it is holiday season and all, is there and chance that there will be an update in the near future?
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 31, 2010, 07:11:37 pm »

Yes. If DF begins cooperating. I'd love to continue doing this, but the fact I have to start over kind of bothers me. I have lots of time now, so I can see an update within a week, sir :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2011, 03:33:14 pm by Rex_Nex »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2011, 03:33:03 pm »

Alright. I'm starting over. I have nothing to do on the net then browse useless random topics on these forums, so I minds as well give you guys something interesting to look at while you do the same.

I need suggestions for:

New Thread? (Paperscale II: Dawn of a Fortress would be my preferred name, but Paperscale already has a lot of threads. We could always use this one.)

Embark Area?
Tileset?
Focus on literature or gameplay?
Writing style? Journal (Paperscale 1) or third-person (Paperscale 2)?

Heres hoping for a good start.

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2011, 03:58:56 pm »

Rename this thread.
My Idea
Embark Area: Glacier
Tileset: Phoebus or square ASCII
Focus on literature or gameplay: LOLwut?
Writing style: Journal of youself, including conversations of yourself with other dorfs.
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2011, 04:06:41 pm »

Rename this thread.
My Idea
Embark Area: Glacier
Tileset: Phoebus or square ASCII
Focus on literature or gameplay: LOLwut?
Writing style: Journal of youself, including conversations of yourself with other dorfs.
Got it.
One for Glacier.
Phoebus it is.
Focusing on gameplay would be me telling you what I did in game, as a player, while literature would be more like a story.
Ok.

MegaMartikus

• Bay Watcher
  • He is fear
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel - DF LPs!
« Reply #99 on: January 01, 2011, 05:50:14 pm »

hers one:
Embark: Desert or beach/coastline
tileset: Phoebus
i say we go boatmurdered style and go with a gameplay narration.
All ur fort are belong to us!!

Urist McOverlord

• Bay Watcher
  • [Evil_Genius]
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2011, 04:04:13 am »

Requesting dwarf? If I may.

Tileset: whatever
I've always preferred the literature style, personally
Magma: The cause of, and solution to, all life's problems.

If it moves, it wants to kill you. It may not try to, but it wants to.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2011, 04:16:09 am »

Embark: volcano AND major river (will probably require a regen with an awfully high amount of volcanoes) or at least major river.
Tileset: ASCII.
Focus on gameplay.
Journal.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2011, 10:01:00 am »

There will be a complete regen. My game just crashed upon placing a depot in a completely seperate world and fortress though, so Im getting the feeling it may actually be some corrupted DF files. If thats the case, I may be able to simply throw the paperscale save into a new download of Dorf Fortress and get the game up again. Ill update this post in a few minutes if this works. More then likely, Ill need a new regen on a new copy, though.
Tileset will be Phoebus, but I will be taking some secondary screenshots in ASCII.
Not too sure about the embark area though. Im seeing some pretty varied suggestions.
Also, 3d Fortress Overseer screenshots are coming up. I had no idea the project already had textures until now, so prepare for some nice screenshots :)

Disregard. My files were corrupt, Paperscale 2 is back up with the same fortress!

Yes Urist, you may request :D, do you just want a random migrant, or do you want to put down what skills he uses?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 10:12:38 am by Rex_Nex »

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2011, 10:25:23 am »

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ShadowZane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2011, 10:48:52 am »

Name: Weyrond
Method of Service (Skills): Hunter (Marksman, Animal Trainer)
Extra Information: Weyrond is a sarcastic young dwarf who is always up to a adventure, if possible hes the first on the front and the first to kill a mighty enemy trying to crush his allies.
"Never discuss with an idiot,
first he brings you down to his niveau and then he beats you there cause of his experience"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8