Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Paperscale II - Community Fortress  (Read 8828 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paperscale II - Community Fortress
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2010, 12:08:28 am »

Exactly. Male, female... shemale, it doesnt matter. When your corpses are rotting in pieces after being torn to chunks by demons and picked apart by vultures, no one will care except for the occasional necrophile.

Oh shit. And your ghosts.

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes paperclips for their attachments ಥ‿ಥ
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2010, 12:29:46 am »

Does everyone on this expedetion team have a grudge against everyone else?
Yes. Aren't all expeditions like that? I mean, when you're stuck on a wagon with six other dwarves on a trip to what WILL become your grave in the middle of nowhere, it's really easy for everyone to start hating each other.

Also the gender issue is not a big deal. Dwarves don't care about gender, why should we?

I like the way you think, also Rex, I hope you get started on your fort soon.
"He's blind, but he was still able to find the way to the hospital, he vomits, and his lungs are going numb. So what? I don't get why you always want a diagnosis even though they're all doomed. Even a kitten can see it. He got sprayed by a monster's bodily fluids, that should be enough diagnosis. There, he has lupus. Happy? He's going to die. Like everyone else. I know it because I'm better than all of you, because I know how to use a goddamn crutch. Where the hell did you put the sunshine?" ಠ_ಠ

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2010, 12:38:31 am »

I know. Im itching to play right now, but I onlyhave a finite amount of free time. Im at work right now, hoping no one notices I am using my phone to talk to my fellow nerds about a fantasy fortress simulator. Im hoping to get a  few months of DF-time done tomorrow, if the world allows it.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2010, 06:19:09 pm »

Paper Foundations

"Harford," muttered Bayar "Rex and I have scouted the area, we have located two possible encampment sites, both of them in valleys. One of them is closer to the volcano, but the other is much further from the Kokror ruins... In my opinion..." "YOU WILL BE SILENT!" roared Harford, his actual age masked by stress. "This is my expedition team. The thought that you even so much as have a nerve to tell me your useless opinions..." Harford stopped. Bayar, a goliath of a dwarf,stood mere footsteps from him. His temper was becoming apparent, and even Harford reworded himself in hopes of not having to deal with it. Before he had a chance to say anything, Rex stepped in. Her voice was monotone and somewhat emotionless. "We will mine into the northern pass. It will provide us with both granite and a short distance to the center of the volcano," Rex smirked at Harford "And I think I spotted some gold".

Work was slow, and the mountains did little to shield the dwarves from the harsh northern elements. Granite was removed from the mountain chunk by chunk, the clinging of pickaxe against the rough rock became a noise as regular as the sound of breathing. Bayar was gone most of the time, his lust for hunting never quenched. John and Nukedorf took shifts watching the Kokror titan, monitoring its movements. If it even so much as got a waft of dwarven scent, the entire team could be in danger.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Area Overview
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Kokror

The very beginnings of the fortress. I am concerned about wood and water, since both are completely void in this map, and I am almost sure that the citizens of Paperscale with descend into a state of katocracy, with every man for himself. Food is less of a issue, Bayar already hunted down a few llama before I knew what was happening. I suppose this whole expedition is going to rely on the caverns.

I have to say, I am loving the nearby volcano though.

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Always the trader...trading you some BLUE STUPH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2010, 06:24:16 pm »

Something EPIC must be done with that volcano...and since we have two military dorfs, we should hit the first cavern as quick as possible (Tress, muddy ground etc).

I know. Im itching to play right now, but I onlyhave a finite amount of free time. Im at work right now, hoping no one notices I am using my phone to talk to my fellow nerds about a fantasy fortress simulator. Im hoping to get a  few months of DF-time done tomorrow, if the world allows it.

And don't tell any normals about Dwarf Fortress, they will think you are on shrooms.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 06:28:55 pm by MrNuke »
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2010, 07:33:31 pm »

and I am almost sure that the citizens of Paperscale with descend into a state of katocracy, with every man for himself.

Ooh, I like the prospect of this.

In the meantime, TO THE CAVERNS!

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 01, 2010, 11:15:57 am »

Can you show us the picture of the titan when you get the chance? I want to see what it looks like. I'll ditch that woodcutter skill since I forgot there aren't any trees around here.
"He's blind, but he was still able to find the way to the hospital, he vomits, and his lungs are going numb. So what? I don't get why you always want a diagnosis even though they're all doomed. Even a kitten can see it. He got sprayed by a monster's bodily fluids, that should be enough diagnosis. There, he has lupus. Happy? He's going to die. Like everyone else. I know it because I'm better than all of you, because I know how to use a goddamn crutch. Where the hell did you put the sunshine?" ಠ_ಠ

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2010, 11:40:56 am »

Yep, head for the caverns.

There's always a laugh to be had there I find!

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2010, 05:51:24 pm »

I want my bed room to be very close to the trade depo so I'm always ready for traders!

Also, CAVERN TIME!

Edit: Your putting me dangerous close to a titan. I want a raise!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 05:53:30 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2010, 07:06:08 am »

Somewhere far away, a band of immigrants is plodding through the wilderness...

"Will there be cheese? Because I really like cheese."
"We'll find out when we get there."
"It'de be wonderful if they have cheese."
"I don't know how wonderful it's going to be."
"Just some cheese would be fine..."
"Chin up, lad, if they don't have cheese, we can always make cheese."

That seemed to brighten his day, and they trudged on.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 07:50:11 am by AngleWyrm »

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2010, 08:13:04 am »

"Theres a slight acidic taste in the air.... Almost like... vomit?"
"Don't be ridiculous man! Pull yourself together!"

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2010, 08:56:56 am »

Clearly a nutritional deficiency. The solution: More cheese.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 09:18:43 am by AngleWyrm »

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2010, 11:30:57 am »

Your posts are pretty cheesy at best.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2010, 01:23:31 pm »

Why did you draw a dick on that screenshot? :(

« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 01:28:43 pm by Dariush »

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 02, 2010, 01:34:43 pm »

We are only a screen away from "Kokror", a shrine guarded by a mountain titan composed of vomit.

"Cockroar?" So the shrine is a giant marble penis. Probably shouldn't send any female warriors out there, they might get involved in some sordid mountaintop ritual. And are we sure that titan is composed of real vomit? It might be a semen titan.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8