Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Paperscale II - Community Fortress  (Read 8826 times)

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
Re: Paperscale II - Community Fortress
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2010, 05:27:19 pm »

watching
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Lupusater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2010, 05:56:31 pm »

Name:   LupusAter
Service: Weaponsmith primarily, but good at anything that involves manipulating metal
Notes: Has a strange fascination with death and the cycle of life. Hates undead since they go against this rule. Says that he is a reaper, sent by the gods to bring death by crafting instruments of war.

This oughta be fun!

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2010, 06:20:47 pm »

Indeed. Im just savescumming the embark right now, checking up on anything. We are only a screen away from "Kokror", a shrine guarded by a mountain titan composed of vomit.

Oh, and a Upright Adamantine Shortsword
This will end well.

So...all the stuff is on top of the mountain. I guess...dwarven wagons fly, and crashed on the summit. Hm.
No sir. Dwarven wagons do not fly, everyone knows that. They are catapulted from the mountainhome at a random location. Herp Derp.

Ill be sure to make this a good watch, and all of you who have posted dwarf profiles have been added to the migrant list. We will be leaving the embark/pre-embark phase within a few hours, so if you have any ideas on how to start off with this fortress, be my guest. Another thing that would be helpful would be an opinion on how big you want the embark area to be. In a 4x4, I can get a volcano, in a 6x6 (I think) I can get get a volcano, a vomit titan, HFS, some ruins, and (very few) trees. Of course, lag is something to consider, and that titan might end the fortress within minutes if it isn't one-hit-killed, as stated before.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2010, 09:07:18 pm »

We are only a screen away from "Kokror", a shrine guarded by a mountain titan composed of vomit.

"Cockroar?" So the shrine is a giant marble penis. Probably shouldn't send any female warriors out there, they might get involved in some sordid mountaintop ritual. And are we sure that titan is composed of real vomit? It might be a semen titan.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 09:49:20 pm by AngleWyrm »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2010, 09:44:28 pm »

I wouldn't doubt it, at all.

Sorry guys, Im going to have to hold back embarking tonight, I dont have enough time to set this up. I promise I will have this going tomorrow.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2010, 01:00:40 pm »

Can I be a migrant?

Name: Dutchling or Ditchlung
Civ Prof: Butcher
Militia Prof: Speardwarf

and edit the first post plz, (or did you not start yet?)

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2010, 11:32:19 pm »

I'll take a migrant.
Name:Vladmir
Method of Service (Skills):Siege Engineer
Extra Information: Loves catapults and ballistae. Hates things who wreck catapults and ballistae.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2010, 07:35:30 pm »

I promise I will have this going tomorrow.
Hmmm...Must be a long day.
Maybe using metric time.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2010, 03:49:38 pm »

Thanksgiving and whatnot. Hope you guys can forgive that.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2010, 08:06:37 pm »

Any military dwarves want to be in my squad?
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Derp Sandvich

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes paperclips for their attachments ಥ‿ಥ
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2010, 02:44:01 am »

Any military dwarves want to be in my squad?

Sure, I like to axe any invaders a question.

And I'll take a migrant.
Name: Sandvich
Method of Service (Skills): Axedwarf , and woodcutter if wood supplies are scarce.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 02:47:50 am by Derp Sandvich »
"He's blind, but he was still able to find the way to the hospital, he vomits, and his lungs are going numb. So what? I don't get why you always want a diagnosis even though they're all doomed. Even a kitten can see it. He got sprayed by a monster's bodily fluids, that should be enough diagnosis. There, he has lupus. Happy? He's going to die. Like everyone else. I know it because I'm better than all of you, because I know how to use a goddamn crutch. Where the hell did you put the sunshine?" ಠ_ಠ

Mudcrab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2010, 08:08:39 am »

Name: Mudcrab
Profession: Butcher, Cook

I do all the jobs others dont want to. Like somehow preparing a nice meal from the corpse of a vomit titan...

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2010, 08:34:52 am »

Name: Mudcrab
Profession: Butcher, Cook

I do all the jobs others dont want to. Like somehow preparing a nice meal from the corpse of a vomit titan...
Vomit prepared by Mudcrab...
* Dariush shudders

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2010, 11:54:31 am »

Alright, I've been putting this off far too long, and the turkey day festivities are over. Lets get this show on the roll...

Ah, and I have you all added to the embark dwarves, if you had put down a profile. I would add you to the OP, but lengthy name-lists are an eyesore.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2010, 03:47:57 pm »

Strike the Earth

The continual crunch of snow under leather boots had finally ceased. Dariush took a sigh of relief, glancing over at Harford, her long time friend. Harford was the self-appointed expedition leader and took no pause to proclaim his position. A gale of wind buffeted her, jolting her makeshift leather coat in every direction.

"You know Dariush," came a voice from behind her, from a dwarf certainly full of himself, "You should have token those beads from that merchant back at Rockurges. You certainly could use a few buttons on that coat."

Turning around, Dariush stormed at Blackburn, her rust-tinted irises inches away from his. "We both know those weren't buttons. And we both know that you worship the fly-god of rainbows, so why don't you just keep your mouth shut before I go around telling people you dumb wambler."

About to return the insult, Blackburn jumped at Dariush, lost his balance, and fell on the cold ice with a thud. The freezing ground groaned at the sudden pressure and cracked, the whip-like sound echoed into the mountainside, and the sound of Dariush's laughter following close behind. Within seconds their cacophony was met with a sudden, even louder, gurgled roar. The entire dwarven group clasped their ears in pain, and the sound let up after a few moments.

All was silent until Bayar laughed, his hoarse voice the only thing deeper then his stomach. The group looked at him perplexed. Bayar grinned wide and simply stated

Welcome to Paperscale, my friends.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Dwarf Profiles:

Rex
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nukedorf

John Falcon

Bayar

Dariush

Blackburn

Dr. Harford

We have embarked with 6 dogs (3 Male, 3 Female) and 2 cats (Male). The unit list shows that there are 11 llamas in our area, along with the vomit mountain-titan, Almef Sestaumci. Also, we are close to Kokror, "The Assaulted Fists", an andesite shrine. We are also located near a brook source. Of course, it is frozen.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 03:50:13 pm by Rex_Nex »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8