Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Paperscale II - Community Fortress  (Read 8809 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Paperscale II - Community Fortress
« on: November 20, 2010, 01:42:18 am »

After a journey from the Mountainhomes to the forbidding wilderness beyond, your harsh trek has finally ended. You have finally made it to the grand fortress of Paperscale. Just seconds from stepping inside, a burly dwarf stands in your way, his arms crossed and his eyes keen. A flash of sunlight reveals a steel axe in on hand, and a scroll in the other. He hands you the scroll, his grip is so strong you are forced to nearly rip the scroll in two. When you finally wrench it from his hand, you unroll the old texts. Stains of blood and sweat converge in round stains on the paper; it reads:

Welcome, immigrant, to Paperscale; your pride and humility. Your birthplace and your grave. You are moments from joining in on the glory, moments from being a part of the epic struggle that is the construction of this deathtrap. You must now only give us information on how to properly apply you to our cause.

You take a look away from the scroll, and discover the dwarf still hulking over you. You must now decide; is it worth it? Will you actually brave the dangers of this place for some foolish sense of bravery?
Of course you will.

Code: [Select]
Name:
Method of Service (Skills):
Extra Information:

Your decision made, you continue reading the last bit of text left on the scroll...

Your life for Monomlaz, your soul for Armok.

PAPERSCALE II

Paperscale is a fortress run on decisions almost entirely made by the community. You can suggest anything, and it will be done. If you are interested in joining, please fill out the form above in the introductory paragraphs. If you wish only to tell me to do something within the fortress, that is fine too. Be aware, that if you are not a actual denizen of Paperscale, I will not do any actions that would harm the well-being of the fortress.

Status
Paperscale is in GAMEPLAY stage. During this stage, the fortress is being played out.

Statistics
Population: 11
Deaths: 0
Sieges: 0
Raids: 0
Births: 0
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 12:27:22 pm by Rex_Nex »

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Always the trader...trading you some BLUE STUPH!
    • View Profile
Re: Paperscale II - Community Fortress
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2010, 04:22:39 am »

Name: +1 Nukedorf
Skills: Proficient Axeman, Adequete Woodcutter, Competent Dodger
Extra Information: Nukedorf would like to serve as the first protecter of the fort untill a full fledged military settles in. He would like to be militia commander

(I was a lurker on the previous thread, now i want to be in it :P)

I think the embark should be either near a volcano or in a terrifying area...maybe both if were lucky!
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2010, 08:34:25 am »

Name: Dariush
Skills: Proficient mechanic, proficient weaponsmith
Extra Information: Likes to make insanely complex engineering nightmares, churning out masterwork adamantine axes in between aforementioned nightmares.

Embark should be near volcano.

dwarfguy2

• Bay Watcher
  • Human Meta Knight... 0_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 08:36:52 am »

Just put Dr. Harford in there again.
Caution: This user may or may not be a horrible evil Elder God from the deepest regions of space. He also may or may not be a lawyer.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 05:23:14 pm »

Added you three to the embark dwarves list, along with my dwarf. Three spots left for embark dwarves, and then a ton more for future migrants. Not to mention embarking ideas and fortress ideas.

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 05:54:11 pm »

Bayar, hunter/trapper, at your service.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 06:00:29 pm »

Any particular way youd want me to divide those two skills, or would you like to rely on my judgment?

bayar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 06:07:39 pm »

The latter. Just have FUN.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 06:09:18 pm »

Name: John Falcon
Method of Service (Skills): Proficient Sworddwarf, Adequete Grower, Adequete mason, Novice Appraiser
Extra Information: Likes swords, Plump Helmets, and would like to be a Captain with his own squad. Would also like to be the broker of the fort.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 06:11:49 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 06:26:23 pm »

Name: Blackburn (may as well use my own name)
Method of Service (Skills): Brewer, cook, butcher, planter.
Extra Information: None really other than constantly obsessed with keeping the booze stocks full. Loves variety of booze and food too. Annoyed if lacking all 4 dwarven varieties of booze. Will constantly nag the carpenters to build more barrels.

I suggest embarking in a cold place; like, covered with snow except during summer. Like Alaska.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 06:33:57 pm by Blackburn »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 06:39:38 pm »

Heh, added. Still plenty of space for embark dwarves, though. I see that you guys want a freezing, volcanic, and terrifying embark. Hah. Dont know how long we will last, but its worth a try. Have fun guys, the festival of blood begins tomorrow.

Blackburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 07:01:28 pm »

Dont know how long we will last, but its worth a try.

Because you said this, this fort has no choice but to turn out extremely awesome.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 07:10:35 pm »

Dont know how long we will last, but its worth a try.

Because you said this, this fort has no choice but to turn out extremely awesome.

Oh yeah  8)
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 02:52:44 am »

Name:   AngleWyrm
Service: Lumberjack & BarrelMaker; Woodcutter-5, Carpenter-5
Notes:   Barrelmaker by trade, likes to cut his own lumber for the job.

Mostly he does the tree chopping because he feels that if you want to do the job right, you really got to do it yourself. When he's not strapping together barrels and bins, he's carefully counting planks and making measurements for the next bed.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 03:32:45 am by AngleWyrm »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 01:00:47 pm »

The last embark dwarf has already been used, Angle, but I will be sure to throw the first Migrant with either of those skills up with your name. Paperscale II starts today.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8