Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: wtf is with leader people?  (Read 860 times)

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
wtf is with leader people?
« on: November 19, 2010, 06:30:11 pm »

I had started a new hero and wanted to become famous enought to kill a few mega beasts to get the world out of AGE OF MYTH. I got a few bandit killings after a little time, and I was travelling to report the 3rd kill when I was ambushed. The leader said: "Tell them it was the (Maple something? Not sure.) , if you live!" and promptly attacked me. I killed his lackeys with relitive ease, I was a demi-god with a whole lot agility and great skill level in swords. When I came too the leader, who had the class name "Commander". After seeing he had killed my only other companion (Which was female) I charged him, and then he.... proceeded to chop me to bits. With a Iron PIKE. And, in retrospect, with superhuman agility, I should have been the one who killed ever so quickly. In fact, I had a few adventures lost to an ambuse with a person called a "Master" or "Commander", and most of my adventurers are freakin DEMI-GODS with super skills! My question is why are these guys killing them so often? Why are they winning vs people who have twice their skills? Or are these people really super-soldiers in disguies? Someone please tell me how to stop loseing heros to these beasts?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 06:51:32 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

atomicoctobot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: wtf is with leader people?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 06:35:07 pm »

Well, our "demi-god" characters probably don't have as much actual experience as these bandit leaders, so at least from a RP perspective it isn't absolutely ludicrous.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 06:38:46 pm »

They're just generated with better skills and attributes than the regular goon. If you're playing as a Demigod chances are most opponents you'll be facing are your inferiors in terms of combat abilities - consider that a Commander or Warlord might have, at an educated guess, Accomplished or Great skill with their chosen weapon. You're not supposed to be able to take them on immediately.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 06:45:05 pm »

Well, our "demi-god" characters probably don't have as much actual experience as these bandit leaders, so at least from a RP perspective it isn't absolutely ludicrous.

Their not bandit leaders. I said ambush leaders keep killing my heros.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 06:50:33 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 06:46:57 pm »

They are one and the same thing.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 06:51:07 pm »

yeah, you said ambuse, twice now, so somebody better correct you or you won't stop. it's  ambush.

drystan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 07:25:12 pm »

Bandit leaders are badasses. Don't face them alone or separated from your group, especially early or even mid-game. If things turn into a bloodbath you might want to run and/or sneak away. Even demi-gods should be cautious in this game, otherwise some goblin commander will make your skull into a goblet.

toupz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 07:49:13 pm »

Welcome to the harsh adventure mode, you're not supposed to expect a bandit leader to be weak they're faction leaders, consider em like the godfather in mafia or something

Sfon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 10:26:30 pm »

"Demigod" just allows you to start with high skills and attributes. It doesn't make you Rambo, bullets will not bounce off your naked chest.

No matter how skilled, armored, and agile, the next blow could be your undoing. A peasant who takes enemies seriously is superior to a demigod who doesn't. A grizzled outlaw who clawed his way to the top of a pack of shiftless, murderous rogues and successfully kept them under his heel for years is superior to both.