Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Three questions about werewolves  (Read 1553 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Three questions about werewolves
« on: November 19, 2010, 09:48:40 am »

So, i embarked on an evil forest. I don't have any undead, ogre, bear, or any dangerous thing except some werewolves. And of course, when i saw a werewolf killing two civilians in two hits, my brain said me «Hey, lets take that thing and use it for war!»

So now i got some questions. As you can see, the wiki article (http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Werewolf) dont really give informations. So here are the questions:

1) Can I tame a werewolf without a dungeon master?
2) Will these cute animals fight with each other if i let them in the same room?
3) If the answer is a no, would three werewolves be able to survive against, for example, a average goblin squad?

Sorry if I do english mistakes, I'm not a native english speaker.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: Three questions about werewolves
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 09:53:06 am »

Looking at the raws, I don't see a [PET] nor a [PET_EXOTIC] tags, which might mean they can't be tamed at all.
They have petvalues, so I'm not sure.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 09:53:54 am »

1. They can't be tamed.
2. No.
3. If you stripped the goblins of their weapons and armor, probably.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

NewSheoth

• Bay Watcher
  • City of Madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 09:55:01 am »

You can, however, add the [PET] tag to them and tame them and use them for war. But you will need a lot of them, they aren't all that great.
" It... it's finally over. Oh Armok it was like the end of days in some kind of gristly death bathtub of untold horror and wow that is a nice waterfall."
Embarked on a haunted volcano. I am currently terrorized by skeletal alligators.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 09:56:06 am »

Damnit. Well then, I will find them a good use. Like, I don't know, war prisoners managers. Thanks for the answers guys!

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 09:56:59 am »

I wonder why it has a petvalue of 1000 if it can't be tamed.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 09:58:18 am »

Good question. I may want to tame one of them just to see if they really have a pet value of 1000. Alright dwarves, time for the !!SCIENCE!!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 11:36:27 am »

Alright. I have a little, little problem with taming werewolf. Not a modding problem.

My animal trainer wants, to train a werewolf, to get him out of his cage. Of course, when he does that, I get a crazy werewolf killing people in the fortress. Can I tame an animal while keeping it in his cage?

Herbiie

• Bay Watcher
  • Loyal Unto Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 11:38:47 am »

Alright. I have a little, little problem with taming werewolf. Not a modding problem.

My animal trainer wants, to train a werewolf, to get him out of his cage. Of course, when he does that, I get a crazy werewolf killing people in the fortress. Can I tame an animal while keeping it in his cage?

Perhaps lock the trainer & caged werewolf in the same room?

You may lose the trainer but it would be Fun.
The once dark-grey walls are now the dark brown of stained blood. At either side of the path leading to the great granite gates is covered with the corpses and skeletons of Goblin invaders.
Some are still fresh. One is still moving.
As you approach the gate a nervous guard looses a bolt in your direction. Silence... Slowly, gradually, the huge doors screech open. Inside there is a courtyard, the floor wet with blood. Welcome to the front-line. Welcome; to Cloisteredwood.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 11:51:00 am »

There is no point of doing that. For me, !!Fun!! is about killing a lot of people in a incredibly not efficient way. Why would I want to loose a werewolf, a useful dwarf and get one of my rooms on lockdown for nothing?

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 11:59:07 am »

I guess the only way you can tame them safely is to mod the files again. Make it to be a tad more friendly, and after that convert it back to normal.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 12:31:01 pm »

How the hell does that work? Taming creatures only requires the tamer to feed it.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 12:54:45 pm »

How the hell does that work? Taming creatures only requires the tamer to feed it.

Wasn't the problem now that the werewolf ate the tamer?

nordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2010, 01:24:38 pm »

Werewolves will be hard to tame, most will be savage(they eat/kill sapients/dwarves).
Exerpt from townbrush.txt by Internet Kraken:

"Nobody wants to live in Townbrush, and for good reason. Almost everyone that has come to Townbrush has been eaten, stabbed, crushed, drowned, hacked, incinerated, or beaten to death with an octopre skin backpack. When we're not under siege, we're being attacked by Forgotten Beasts. And when we're not being attacked by Forgotten Beasts, there's probably a zombie whale crushing someone to death in the dining room."

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2010, 05:31:43 pm »

Did that werewolf already eat a dorf?
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers
Pages: [1] 2