Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Knapping?  (Read 1265 times)

personofshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Knapping?
« on: November 19, 2010, 04:28:54 am »

I understand thats the skill for making sharp rocks, but I can't seem to do it. I can find rocks on the ground, but I can't seem to find 'small blunt' rocks for making the sharp one or however its supposed to work

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Knapping?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 04:34:29 am »

You need to have the two rocks in your hand, or on the ground. They will disappear if you drop them in the biome(i think) in which they are found. So if you wanna drop them you'll have to travel away.
*Hugs*

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 04:44:37 am »

Yep. Pick up about a dozen rocks and then remove them from your back so they're all 'in hand' then you can use one rock on another to make sharp rocks.

They're great for throwing. I don't know if sharp rocks actually do more damage but it's very satisfying when a sharp rock pierces someone's eye and goes into the brain.

Lemunde

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 11:26:41 am »

I think they do slightly more damage. At least it seemed that way when I threw them. Daggers are better for throwing, though.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 02:24:34 pm »

Unless you have *sharp obsidian*, in which case you are wielding death incarnate.

drystan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 07:14:00 pm »

I found obsidian on my last adventure and that's when I decided to take up knapping in earnest. :)

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 08:13:13 pm »

I would think beacuse they are "Sharp" They get more of a chance to lodge, Or decaptiate enemys :D
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

daedalusai

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 10:50:16 pm »

Where to find obsidian rocks?
In my current world,the only surface obsidian is on a mountain,however i can't pick them up,do i need to go near a magma vent to find obsidian that can be picked?