Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: The Gods Must Be Crazy!!! [Sussession RPG fortress] - Year 6  (Read 22479 times)

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gods Must Be Crazy!!! [Sussession RPG fortress] - Year 5
« Reply #120 on: December 04, 2010, 08:53:31 pm »

Alright, my turn is over. That took longer than I was expecting but looks like no one's complaining  :P
Last words:
1) Create block for moody dwarf.
2) There are the garbage dump zones, two at compactors and one currently inactive near masonry shops.
3) I've experienced quite a drop of FPS closer to the end of year, sorry for that. I don't think that was caused by stone only as it was laying around always, but there is huge pile of stone to the right of depot, another large one is by mason shop. You can also get rid of that forgotten mouse, my vote is for cave-in trap, since my dwarf is most likely to be the casualty in case of direct confrontation.
4) We have one legendary planter, one brewer and one cook and they're capable of keeping fortress fed. Just don't draft them.
5) Most of the fortress is occupied by hauling (well they were occupied by it during whole year), the idlers are:
-chief doctor
-CIA agents
-Dariush III and mrbobbyg (for some reason they hadn't much labors assigned and I decided to leave it so.
Masons and miners currently haul refuse.
6) Have a fun.
7) Save here http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3521
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
Re: The Gods Must Be Crazy!!! [Sussession RPG fortress] - Year 5
« Reply #121 on: December 05, 2010, 12:01:12 am »

Cool, I'll check out the save soon. Just got a few things to do in other games first. :P
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: The Gods Must Be Crazy!!! [Sussession RPG fortress] - Year 6
« Reply #122 on: December 05, 2010, 12:42:40 pm »

Got the save.

What exactly is the CIA? I know they're the Cat Inspection Agency, but what do they do, exactly?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 05, 2010, 02:10:12 pm »

Well they're only ones who have animal hauling enabled and there's always some of them idling since their main jobs are useful but not always needed, so if a new cat is born it's put into cage in no time. Also there's no cat sympathizers in CIA to prevent adopting on the way to butchery and the most of them have some experience into butcher's job.

To peregarrett: you probably should have edited players list so randomnumbergenerator was placed after me.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 02:13:49 pm by Di »
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 05, 2010, 03:54:30 pm »

Got the save.

What exactly is the CIA? I know they're the Cat Inspection Agency, but what do they do, exactly?

Oh, I forgot you skipped your turn till after Di. Guess I'll go back to melting my dwarves down into dwarfstone. :D
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 05, 2010, 05:45:36 pm »

Well they're only ones who have animal hauling enabled and there's always some of them idling since their main jobs are useful but not always needed, so if a new cat is born it's put into cage in no time. Also there's no cat sympathizers in CIA to prevent adopting on the way to butchery and the most of them have some experience into butcher's job.

To peregarrett: you probably should have edited players list so randomnumbergenerator was placed after me.

I love this.  I hate it when a cat gets adopted on the way to the slaughter.
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2010, 12:42:53 am »

uh. I got confused with players order too...
so, now is RNG's turn, then Azated.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2010, 07:59:20 am »

Well done Di!

Nice read!
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2010, 11:19:03 pm »

1st of Granite:
I had an odd dream last night. It was a perplexing dream, one filled with great towers of smoothed stone and burnished metals, towers which served as a beacon that attracted swarms of dwarves like moths to a flame. I knew that this was a message from Deler herself, a message that I was to be the next leader of the fortress. Let it be then that I, Zumdol Madushushrir, will be the first Stonemaster. 

2nd of Granite:
Upon taking command of the fortress, I found that we seem to be in pretty good shape. There is this one dwarf who keeps drawing pictures of blocks over and over. Upon checking our inventories, I found that we had none! This will not do! How can we build a tower without stone blocks? I then noticed that our mason's guild is horribly destitute, with only a few workshops. We must expand! I ahve given the order to create more masons's workshops, and also to expand on our smelting industry.

8th of Granite:
Vabok finished his creation, as he calls it. A leather mitten. How quaint. Not quite enough stone for my tastes, but he at least had the sensibility to use some marble and dacite in it's construction, even if they were just decorations.

26th of Granite:
We now have 100 mica blocks made, so it looks like we should start construction on the Tower of Deler. We are also in the process of making large quantities of sterling silver for decoration.

10th of Slate:
After noticeing that our block stockpiles were filling up unnaturally fast, I noticed that everybody was blacing these blocks individually. As in, not in bins. Upon further inquiry, I realized that we had no bins. I also noticed that the carpenter's workshop had no jobs queued. Both problems have been remedied.

12th of Slate:
After being notified that we were running low on silver ore, I decideded we should do some exploratory mining to find some more.

16th of Slate:
While searching for silver ore, we stumbled upon yet another cavern underground. This one complete with a hideous beast, some horrible mutant I dare not contemplate. We were able to seal off the cavern, but note before it slew two of our miners, Led Atiremath and Zan Rithzamaban. It does not look like we will be able to retrieve their corpses, but at least we can erect a memorial slab in their honor.

26th of Slate:
Some migrants have arrived. Actually it's a migrant. Singular. A potash maker. And he's sitting around near the edge of the map, doing nothing. I think he's lost.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 08, 2010, 03:12:38 am »

I used copper bins instead of wooden ones, since we don't have much of latter.
And I suppose fortress is still locked down, you could let him in by pulling the left lever in dinning room in case you decide we need potash maker of course  ;)

Nice read!
Thanks a lot, it took me huge amount of time.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2010, 02:19:12 pm »

Oh, is that why he isn't moving?

I'll open up the gates then, both to let him in and to chop some trees.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2010, 01:41:40 pm »

Alright, sorry about the delay. I've sort of been neglecting playing... partly because of finals, but partly because I just haven't felt much like DF lately. Sad, I know.

-----

13th of Felsite:
Elven Caravan arrived. Opened up the gates to let them in, as well as the migrants who were standing out in the cold. Why didn't anyone tell me there was a gate? Oh well, nobody died, so I suppose that is all that matters...

19th of Felsite:
One of our glassmakers has been acting very strange lately. He keeps talking in third person, but not only that, he's not even taking about himself! It's like he's posess- oh wait, mayvbe he is. I'll see to it that he gets all the materials he requires.

21st of Felsite:
Elves finally finished unloading all of their crap today. We ended up trading a single, fancy roast for all of their wood, about half their cloth, and all of their booze and plants. I got the wood since our woodcutter seems scared to go outside, and the rest is mainly for booze. Can't have enough of that.

1st of Hematite:
Our glassmaker began work on a mysterious construction. He's using a large quantity of glass, some wood, several gems and stone blocks, and some cloth.

6th of Hematite:
Turns out our new artifact is a terrarium. Not the most practical item ever, but more useful than a mitten. I'll set it up in the dining hall. With this new addition, the total wealth of our fortress is not over 1 million!

8th of Hematite:
Or at least I was going to put it in the dining hall. It seems some hauler grabbed it and stuffed it in a cage trap somewhere.

27th of Hematite:
More migrants. Time to expand the mason's guild even further, I guess.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2010, 01:08:55 am »

26th of Malachite:
A wild titan showed up outside our fort today. Send our army out to kill it. They did exceptionally well, taking no injuries. The Hammer Lord Momuz Duthnurrowed got the kill.

9th of Galena:
Not much to note. Work on the tower continues. Dwarf gave birth to a baby girl.

13th of Galena:
Noticed we had a huge number of Schist blocks. I don't like schist. It's all brown. I ordered them all dumped, and forbid our workers from using any more schist stone.

15th of Galena:
Human caravan arrived. Much more sociable than those elves. Still, I can't think of anything we actually need from them. Guess we can always use more booze...

18th of Galena:
While the humans were beginning to unload their goods, we spotted a large force of goblins on the horizon. I'm sending our soldiers out to guards the trade depot. Hopefully with the caravan guards we can take them down.

19th of Galena:
That siege must have given one of our dwarves some inspiration, because one of our armorers came under a fey mood. I greatly anticipate the masterpiece that this dwarf shall produce!

23rd of Galena:
Axe met hammer today as the goblins finally got up the nerve to attack the trading depot... filfthy cowards. We slaughtered them en-masse. Another glorious day for Ropegrip!

24th of Galena:
Today our armorer began work on his wonderous construction. He's shaping the body out of sterling silver; an odd choice if you ask me, but it will still be quite nice, I'm sure of it. He is also including plenty of diorite in the construction, which makes me happy.

2nd of Limestone:
We finished that artifact today, a sterling silver left gauntlet. How... nice? Where is the right gauntlet? Oh well. I'll put our new legendary armorer to work on making full suits of bronze armor.

27th of Linestone:
Today I saw the visage of Zan, one of our miners who fell to the beast in the deeps. Spooky. I guess I'll divert some block production to make memorial slabs instead. We're almost done with the tower anyway.

16th of Sandstone:
Another migrant wave today, officially bringing our population over 100. I'm really not sure what to do with everyone. We have up to 30 idlers sometimes. I guess I can build pretty tall towers, but I might not be quite cut out to manage an entire fortress.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2010, 03:12:42 am »

expand the masons guild, miner guild, military  :P
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2010, 02:20:57 pm »

12th of Timber
We seem to be running low on booze. Only a handful of barrels left. I guess I need to order some more made, eh?

15th of Timber
Booze Production is rather slow(perhaps we should have more tha one still?) but in other news, the dwarven carravan has finally arrived! Booze for everyone!

17th of Timber
Another goblin siege. Once again, sending our boys out to meet them. They should take negative injuries this tiem, now they they are armored in masterwork plate.

18th of Timber
As expected, our soldiers handily erradicated the goblin invaders. Good work men!

19th of Timber
Huh. It appears that one soldier's baby somehow got into the danger room. He bled to death shortly after. When will mothers learn to not use their babies as shields?!?

21st of Timber
Curses! It appears that a second force of goblin ambushers was right behind the siege! After I let the soldiers return to their traning, these foul creatures snuck in behind and started terrorizing the fortress! The soldiers were immediately dispatched to take care of the threat, but it was too little, too late; Catten Kilrudlimar, Avuz Gloryflier, was slain by the beasts.

22nd of Timber
After the tragedy of yesterday, our liaison greeted me and offered to elevate our fortress to the status of a barony! What an honor! However, past events have shown that I am not truly fit to be in charge, so while I will carry out the rest of my term I dare not nominate myself for the lifelong position of Baron. Who should we appoint, then?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11