Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: The Gods Must Be Crazy!!! [Sussession RPG fortress] - Year 6  (Read 22496 times)

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gods Must Be Crazy!!! [Sussession RPG fortress] - Year 4
« Reply #105 on: November 27, 2010, 12:56:01 pm »

Got it.
Man, this place is mess.
Looks like mrbobbyg saved the fortress but there's still hell a lot of work.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 27, 2010, 01:05:00 pm »

Heh, judging by your signature the fort is in no risk of dying under your rule :P

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 27, 2010, 01:08:02 pm »

+1 to Dariush  :D

Come on, guys, I can't wait till my next turn, i'm really curious what did you do with that fortress!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2010, 03:56:05 pm »

Alright, I'm back.  8)

Sorry about the delay, I thought that my turn would have come up before I left for Thanksgiving.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2010, 04:16:08 am »

Ok, you;re next then, after Di finished his year.
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2010, 09:32:01 pm »

What is the status on Di's fort? He hasn't posted any updates since he took the save.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2010, 11:30:18 pm »

The usual practice is play and post within one week after taking up.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2010, 01:53:13 am »

Hmm... alright. I downloaded the most recent save just to see what had been done so far, yet for some reason all of the symbols were screwed up. Natural walls used í's and â's instead of ▒'s and ₤'s like I'm used to. Anybody know why?

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2010, 05:22:05 am »

I guess that has something to do with graphics used by previous player, try replacing raws with yours.
Also have some patience, I've still got time. To be honest I'm still in the end of Granite but that wasn't an easy start. Since I usually prefer flat embarks and quite compact fortresses I was constantly nauseated by steep vertical design of the fortress.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Things should go faster by now.
By tomorrow I should have enough writeup for an update.
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2010, 08:08:38 am »

The fort is pretty crazy.  I also had trouble with the layout.  What I was trying to do was to move the fort down below the first big square forge level.  Everything above was going to be abandoned and sealed off because it offended the goddess of darkness.  The trade depot was going to be moved inside and the caravans could come to us.

Funnily enough, I haven't been able to write the story because I haven't been at work, and it's at work where I get my best playing/writing done.  =)
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2010, 05:40:44 pm »

try replacing raws with yours.

That worked, thanks.

Take your time with the fort, I just wanted to make sure it was actually being played and that you didn't download it and forget about it.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2010, 12:30:47 pm »

Prologue

Di regained consciousness. He was laying in what seemed to be a long stone tunnel littered with stone. How did he happen on the ground? The hallways of  Ropegrip weren't clean, in fact sometimes you could step on someones severed arm or slip into someones blood pool, but Di always managed to stand on his

feet, he had very good kinesthetic sense after all.
"Ahem."Someone cleared throat near him. Di looked up and saw two dwarves standing before him. One was thickset even for a dwarf and had gray eyes literally radiating calmness and somewhat boredom, his gray beard and hair were unshorn and laid over his head and shoulders like snow caps on mountain peaks.
The other one was quite bulky, his hair were deep brown neatly cut and his beard was braided, his eyes we're emerald green, there was amicability in his gaze, he had discernible belly and wore golden ring  on left ring finger.
"You may not bow but we'd appreciate if you stood in our presence."

These two looked familiar but Di couldn't remember their names or imagine these two walking among fortress denizens. There was something about them that made such picture surrealistic one. Was it peremptory tone or the eyes  of someone who saw thousands of years and million of places Di couldn't figure. This wasn't his concern at the moment as well.
"Aright you two, I don't know who you are but if it were you who made me fall I'll.." He said getting onto his feet.
"It weren't we, it was me" interrupted him grey bearded dwarf "me and my friend mica" with a smile he barely waved his hand and nearby boulder rolled and gently touched Di's leg.
Di gasped "who are you, some traveling wizard?"
"Aim higter my young friend" advised second one with a laugher.
Di raised eyebrows "Deler?"
It was like mountain itself had sighted with disappointment. Grey dwarf turned to his partner "Why are we wasting time with this one?"
Di couldn't figure out what he said wrong but somehow he felt ashamed.
"You've hit the old wound" brown haired dwarf explained to Di and turned to his companion "Patience my friend maybe analytic ability isn't his strongest trait but he has strong sense of duty, so you can rely on him. Besides there isn't many dwarves who worship god of mountains without hailing goddess of minerals as well"
Insight shined in Di's head "lord Avuz!"
Brown haired dwarf smiled "Well, that's better"
Di looked at him struggling to believe. "And you?"
"Gods never appear to those who doesn't worship them"
"And lord Bol!" Di dropped onto his knees.
"Well then, stand up Di. We have a task for you." Bol said.
"My life at your disposal my lord!" exclaimed Di.
"You dwarves surprised us. We're quite amused by your idea of building fortress devoted to gods. Dwarven gods are watching this place closely and I must we find your current progress dissatisfying. While beginning was quite acceptable, your fortress started crumbling later and Nazom herself had to send her prophets Mrbobbyg and Dariush the third to save this place."
"Save? Prophets? I don't recall any. And I thought we're still deep in goblin shi~"
"You don't remember much from past year do you? That's Nazom's wish, being goddes of darkness she is quite secretive even though there isn't anything to be ashamed of" Di thought he saw Bol smiling at some old memories. "Anyway, Avuz will you?"
Avuz nodded and stepped forward.
"We entrust you with divine quest not to ruin this place. Soon you should be informed that this for year fortress is under your leadership. And as your deity I require you to turn the very mountain into monument devoted to me. Engrave it's every outside stone wall to strengthen faith in me. Should those two goblins with bows keep you from going outside you can always make use ancient lore of engraving through the wall I gave to your kind long time ago." Di noticed annoyance in god's voice at this point "Also you should keep log of your rule, and engrave every slab for every enemy of your cause that met his end here."
"But why would you need my records lord Avuz?"
It seemed like Avuz hesitated for a moment, then sighted "Because of you dwarves  losing faith in me and turning to Deler I'm forced to search for additional positions, and it turns out that clerk patron is the only one unclaimed"
It became Bol's turn to speak "I'd like to add from myself, that I'm not pleased with my worshipers as well. Especially you. However I hope you'll find out by yourself what you should do. Now it's time for you to go, we'll be watching you."

Di regained consciousness. He was laying in what seemed to be a long stone tunnel littered with stone. Inguish Keskalnoram his colleague in fish dissection and now in hauling stood over him "Are you alright?"
Di looked around remembering his recent conversation. "I guess"
"Good I wouldn't like to carry you into hospital"
"Why is that?"
"First of all we don't have a hospital, then we don't have doctor"
"Hey. Didn't you mention that you've studied medicine a bit?"
"Well I did. But I've got thrown out of medical academy remember?"
"There isn't anyone better here. I guess you should take this position"
"But Di such decisions are made by leader of fortress. And you're just fish dissector, not a highest importance job!"
"Di!" Mafol Ezumdeg approached "do you remember names of guys that led us past year?"
"They're Mrbobbyg and Dariush"
"Ah yes. Well these guys announced that they put off leadership duties and declare you next ruler of Ropegrip."
"Thank you Mafol. See Inguish? You take this job. Now excuse me."

Then Di went off to survey fortress. "Not to destroy fortress, engrave whole mountain, do something for Bol" He kept muttering to himself.

Chronicle of Di's reign over glorious Ropegrip fortress

1st Granite
Fortress survey revealed that we have no centralized stockpiles, small cluttered spots are situated all around the mountain but even those house stone mainly. There's even one outside the walls! This can not be tolerated. However, first we need to take care of those green outside.
Appointed Inguish fish dissector to a chief medic, I know that sounds weird but we don't have much choice.
Found strange glass wall in tunnel, didn't see anything horrifying through it and we already have staircase connecting the other side with ours.
Our legendary and only engraver Fath Lokumreg has quite strange views on art.
I don't know if I can entrust her the holy quest of lord Avuz, especially taking into account that she's much more faithful in worshiping Deler.  If a tiny image of that plagiary goddess shows up onto lord Avuz's holly monument, I'll throw it's author into volcano.

2nd Granite
It's another day already and I'm still not done with this journal. Hope the rest of the year won't be too eventful. Anyways, I've found someone whom I can trust in my mission, Dastot Dedukadas the weaver shares the same beliefs as I do, he may be not so skilled as Fath but he at least knows basics and, what's important, he has faith.
This place needs cleaning and that would require a lot of spare hands. I've drafted all but legendary masters into haulers army.

3rd Granite
Green problem was solved for the time being. Now we need to seize those iron breastplates as soon as possible. And to get that furniture inside.

10th Granite
I had to tear down farming reservoir to create a well. Sadly I haven't enough time to place any floodgates as our injured need water right now. I'll have to find underground source later to redeem this fault but for now this is only thing I can do.

11th Granite
Id Ilrommebuth gave birth to a girl today. The only thing darkening this event is that Id is one of our 6 warriors. For now there will be five of them. Bol would not approve exposing the child to a danger.

13th Granite
Lever was puled to fill magma reservoir under the pool and stop heating the water.

14th Granite
Infused blacksmith still hasn't started his work. He yells for ingredients which are now available though still outside the fortress. Maybe he's too afraid to come out to get them?

23rd Granite
Avuz be praised we won't get mad dwarf. The problem was that I missed his demand for stone blocks since I believed he was already satisfied with metal he got. But that's now solved.
Water reservoir dried out.
Also we heard giant cave spider down there, maybe we'll attempt to make use of it later.

27th Granite
Blacksmith created bronze crutch, what a waste. We dwarves don't need crutches, if someone loses leg he will hop around using another, and he will kick with it if forced. That maybe weird but that's one of our traditions which make humans admire and gobbos fear us. And I really admire tradition.
Back on the blacksmith case, we now have a legendary master blacksmith. Now he makes some splints which aren't forbidden by our tradition.

Interlude.
It was the beginning of Slate. Di stood in the meeting hall before crowd of chattering dwarfs
"Alright guys we need to get all that furniture in!"

"But we don't have enough stockpiles" Someone replied.

Di was confused a bit "Um... let's slump everything in one place, it's doesn't matter we just need that stuff inside!"

"Hey we treat garbage like this!" Some smary-pants exclaimed, and then upon finishing his logical chain, he continued "Yewww! We don't want haul garbage from outside into our precious home!"

"Come on folks! Look how dirty is our front entrance, it's cleaning time. You don't want traders with foreign booze consider us slobby barbarians with nothing to trade for, do you"

"Booze?!" repeated dozen voices.

-"Yes, yes. I'll buy a barrel of sunshine for those who carry the most of that stuff inside"

In a mere moments Di became the only one in hall, anxious voices sounding upwards. Di looked around and nodded to himself
"Nicely done, hope tree lovers will justify their existence or I'll become the most unpopular ruler"

15th Slate
Some migrants have arrived, now we can find replacement for Id the axedwarf. We also got accomplished armorer and my sister in faith talented engraver, Avuz's demand will be fulfilled.
I've also created amazon squad, for now they train at the same barracks with gilded families but we'll probably have to move them out of danger room at some point.

17th Slate
We're somewhat low on booze. Made food stockpile reorganization in order to have spare barrels for brewer. And ordered said spare barrels to be forged.

19th Slate
Booze is great motivator, they've brought all furniture and trade depot inside except artifact mechanism which they refused to believe to be refuse. Idiots.
The original entrance was sealed with fortification.
Whoever applied that training method was really genius, we have three legendary champions by now.

25th Slate
We have way too many cats, I sense catastrophic consequences in the near future. I've decided to take measures until it's too late. I've selected seven (another dwarven tradition) dwarves with relatively much free-time. These brave dwarves will be called the Cat Inspection Agency, their main goal being finding and isolating these dangerous beasts. Other dwarves are highly unrecommended to confront this threat.

26th Slate
There was an mishap during CIA forming one of the agents turned out to sympathize cats, so he had to be replased with unskiled but otherwise reliable woodburner.

3rd Felsite
We've finally sealed ourselves again some cats were locked outside but never mind CIA couldn't handle those.
Now we can begin operation 'Mountain' without danger of our engravers leaving safety. Fath Lokumreg is allowed to participate in initial phase.

12th Felsite
Elves arrived. "Where have you been lazy bastards!"

13th Felsite
Our booze supplies are critically low, hopefully elves will be of some use  here.
I've received a complaint from our legendary planter that dwarves trample his farm, I've done quick inspection and it turned out that fields are placed on the only way to booze stockpile, I don't feel like digging out another stockpiles, but we must divert traffic from farm.

17th Felsite
Alright elves are in it's time to retract bridge. Wait a minute, retract? I guess we should place doors on our side at least.

18th Felsite
An ambush! Curse them!
An ambush! Curse them!
An ambush! Curse them!
Hey! but I've lured all engravers inside before closing fortress, there isn't any dwarf or even animal (thanks to the doors) outside. Whom are they attaking?
What's going on?

later that day
An ambush! Curse them!
An ambush! Curse them!
They're still fighting each other, I'm confused.

Moreover elves well known for their hatred to woodcutting have brought us half a hundred of wood logs. Along with wood we've also bought grizzly and black bears and cougar and huge amount of buckets and booze in exchange for a huge pile of bone figurines we've found in abandoned workshop one floor below. Elves have gladly accepted those. Love for nature can take strange forms indeed.
They haven't brought any sunshine, but given the current situation folks were happy with any booze at all.

19th Felsite
Looks like goblins have settled down their conflict. My guess is, someone of them decided that he would be better leader.  They've killed two of their own that's for sure.

1st Hematite
Summer has come. Elves are still at depot, well I don't mind, hospitality is yet another dwarven tradition.
Goblins are still outside, I don't mind either. Even if elves decide to leave first, gobbos won't be able to catch up with them from their current positions.

5th Hematite
Today danger room has claimed it's first life.
For now all cats have a unique opportunity to see why the should not go there.

13th Hematite
We have been rejecting our responsibilities to our dead for too long. I've begun reorganization of cemetery, all corpses lying at the top will be interred, and furthermore I'm creating two memorial valleys there. First one is the Valley of Tragically Lost Friends, where we shall memorialize dwarves who had shared home with us once and humans who gave their lives while fighting along with us.
The second one will be Valley of Accursed Filth, there we'll put names of goblins and kobolds from which the world was relieved  here.  I'm considering putting refuse stockpile there. And what about the elves, I believe it's up to a those who will be in power by then to decide whether we were bereft or relieved of them.

22nd Hematite
We've used halt in the work of danger room to engrave it so our champions had some portion of beauty in that stone box. They spend years there after all.

24th Hematite
Elves departed today, well I believe they've packed up a week ago but I was too busy to let them out. Just as I foresaw they managed to leave without goblins

even noticing, what goblins noticed however is that we have opened entrance. Right now they're waiting around it.
"Such impudence will not be tolerated, release the militia!"

27th Hematite
Sixteen trained dwarfs made short work of four goblins. But what's interesting after attack sounded I saw our mayor charging at the goblins. I mean I didn't know we had one. Hmm... that means we're considered a village now. Now I need to find office, quarters and so on for her, guess I saw free office with glass furniture at the upper levels.

28th Hematite
Metalcrafter went secretive.
Some migrants arrived, great that means bigger army.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2010, 01:28:59 pm »

wow, nice story!

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 03, 2010, 09:54:35 am »

Di's log

1st Malachite
This migration wave brought us High Master weaponsmith, a miner, two doctors, mechanic and two unskilled recruits. Also insidious kitten has sneaked into our fort along with them. He'll be put to where he can't harm anyone.

4th Malachite
Secretive dwarf has begun mysterious construction, Avuz be praised.
Also
I can't say I'm impressed hope it'll like its eight legged company down there.

6th Malachite
We've lost another promising axedwarf today.
On the bright side, we have started our new and furniture stockpile, soon we'll be able to start furniture production again. And it turns out that our fortress has a great demand for doors.

8th Malachite
Great now if we needed to amaze traders we've got the one who could do that.

9th Malachite
Masonry workshops are now cleaned up.
Records say 50 dwarves died here that means we need 46 coffins to be made.

19th Malachite
I wonder what kind of belief makes them come to our homes, make us attached to them and then attempt to end their lives rigorously.

22nd Malachite
Upon unloading glassmaker's shops we have uncovered relics a bunch of exceptional tables, that must be relics left by legendary masters of the past, which by the way are still laying at under the skies because I've mistaken coffers and coffins. Back on the tables though I'll hold one for mayor's dining room the rest will be put in dinning hall for all dwarves to admire.
We've also found a handul of doors in stockpile which I let dwarves to take, they happily grabbed those to obtain more privacy in their rooms.

28th Malachite
Yet another cat in barracks. Soon we'll have a new breed of crawling cats.

2nd Galena
Or we won't the first injured cat was claimed by infection today. I thought they were resistant to this threat.
On the other news, mount ornamentation proceeds slowly, only top three levels were smoothed and I can't spare more dwarves to this task. Forgive me Avuz.

12th Galena
Watching Fath Lokumreg working I began to understand why she's legendary master, even burdened by three children she works hard and idle a little, while that slugger Dastot can be seen only near booze stockpile.  Maybe dubious but she's also Avuz worshiper and I didn't see her engraving deity images. And even if she worships Deller, to be honest she's the only one who's worth the honor of engraving the mountain itself.
I should ask her not to engrave goblins killing dwarves on the walls that can be seen by invaders though.

15th Galena
Removed small furniture stockpile from cemetery, that shouldn't be there, seriously. I've decided to proceed with the plan and now engravers are making pictures on what they managed to smooth. Also it seems that Fath has taken my advice into account.

16th Galena
Humans arrived, good we could use some more booze.

26tg Galena
We've doubled our food supplies, and increased booze slightly. Also we got tremendous amount of cloth.

12th Limestone
Stukos Gethcerol Ghostly Hunter has been put to rest.
Dariush's nightmares should end now. He was really thankful. However, when we came to a point why did he had nightmares while ghost wandered his office only he decided not to go further into discussion.

24th Limestone
Traders have left today. Same story as with elves.

22nd Sandstone
One of our warriors was possesed thankfully he just run off to take over workshop.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gods Must Be Crazy!!! [Sussession RPG fortress] - Year 5
« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2010, 08:30:46 pm »

23rd Sandstone
I must admit, a cat saved the fortress today. The ethereal being that has taken our master swordsdwarf hostage laid down conditions of his liberation. It was a huge indeed list of items. We could support everything in that list except for bone, so one of cats was sacrificed. It's death however has saved dwarf's life, and that experienced warrior can save the whole fortress some day.

28th Sandstone
During burial ceremony dwarves have messed up with placement of bodies. Now Urist Imiknorris lays near RandomNumberGenerator memorial slab and the latter was placed near Urist's one. This is most interesting but not the only mistake. I'll fix that.

3rd Timber
Now that the artifact I approve, maybe it's creator should have used sterling silver he seized as a base material at least, but anyways that's my second favorite artifact, the first being the statue depicting fortress foundation in goblin bone. By the way why it's still lying in stockpile? I'll order it to be placed in dinning room immediately.

10th Timber
Another cat has committed suicide by sneaking into danger room. On the bright side another cat had assisted us in finding adamantine, and it's situated right below the fortress. I've marked it with 'shift_F8' rune.

12th Timber
Our brethren from Domas Orshet arrived to trade today. I've let them in using new lever placed near dinning room then went to choose goods to sell and came across one of particular interest.
I've asked Uzol about it, but she blushed, snatched figure and ran away.
I've spoken with Dariush and it turned out that he haven't ever heard her name. I decided to not interfere, Uzol should speak with him by herself someday.
I won't be surprised if she has some kind of secret shrine devoted to him behind the cabinet.

**While handwriting in the rest of journal isn't neat and accurate, this letters on this page are especially scattered and unrecognizable.
13th Timber
Hm... I wonder if our warriors need bigger room, at the moment barracks somewhat resemble one of our shared animal cages. I'm growing tired of persuading them that they're more than just war hounds for us.
Goblins showed up today. They're to far to pose a threat for caravan and looks like they haven't solved some conflict before.
Curse! Another squad is right beneath the mountain, they'll reach the entrance before caravan does!
Release the houn  Gather the militia!!

Curse again! The third squad was following the traders step by step. Protect the diplomat!!

Aaarh!!! Thousands of curses!! Get inside idiots!!! Boys squad take care of south, girls take north, move move!!

Another squad right behind caravan!! And another!!!

They're fighting with each other!! Anyway, move move! There's dwarves between two evils!!

13th Timber Evening
I'm a bit confused here, looks like goblins were ambushing goblins. Casualties on our side was one pet dog that was caught between two clashing bands and one stray donkey foal who isn't dead yet but let be honest, he encountered a swordsgob and now is looking like fish ready to be cooked. Not that I'm complaining that I don't need to order more coffins, but that was really weird. Looks like there's some kind of internal conflict between goblin tribes.
We're scavenging armor and weapons as usual.

18th Timber
We've commenced trade today, not much to say. We got wood for bed, charcoal for steel and lye for soap. For some reason traders decided that we'd appreciate blood more than booze, well they can take that with them wherever they'll go next. Hope that liaison will have to say something useful at least. Wait a minute. liaison!!! He went for mayor and mayor is in danger room! Shut the damned thing down!!

Later notes.
Liaison was fine in fact the spinning spears hell even didn't stop him from conducting meeting. I've decided not to stop training machine, who knows maybe next year he'll bump into a goblin ambush.

21st Timber
Snatchers and thieves were sighted today.

28th Timber
We've tested our explosive butchery installation (LKC) today, it was unsuccessful. The thrown cat failed to reach exterminal speed, we're working on the length of accelerator. The installation is placed at CIA headquarters by the way.

1st Moonstone
It's winter already, so little of time so much to be done.
Another pair of cats sneaked into barracks didn't know we have so many.

12th Moonstone
We've encountered a problem while arranging burial grounds, looks like something prevents us from expanding the Valley of Tragically Lost Friends, and it's already full. I guess we'll have to pack slabs tighter for now.
The merchants from mountainhomes will be leaving soon. Not that I wasn't glad they made it here unscratched but they've been hanging around for too long.

23rd Moonstone
To show military our appreciation I've decided to replace the armor stand in the barracks with one made of rose gold by our legendary smith.
By the way the deconstruction of armor stand caused the event future overseers probably should take into account. Apon deconstruction of armor stand, warrior's instincts forced all soldiers training there to charge to the place of last station order. I've caught up with them and shouted that they are discharged for this month (and next one is scheduled to be vocational) and they happily rushed inside.

24th Moonstone
I've decided that those mother-soldiers are too valuable fighter to just send them away. I created another squad that should be training outside danger room. It consists only of two dwarfettes now but I foresee that there'll be more of them with the time passing.

1st Opal
Dariush III has informed me that we've accumulated four thousands of stone boulders. Mom laways said that it's not polite to pass fortress to next ruler filled with stone, magma or goblins. So I'm building dwarven atomsmasher just like they have in Obsidian Valley. They say it can be used for obtaining greater understanding of how our universe works, we'll use it to get rid of trash.

3rd Opal
The Valley of Friend obtained two batmen tabs today, each one of them killed a forgotten beast. Sadly, the most recent beast was tougher, however it wasn't cakewalk for it too.

10th Opal
I've sealed fortress today. For the future leaders, burrow 13 isn't accurate but it encompasses almost all the fortress.

14th Opal
I'd like to advice next ruler against purchasing any more buckets, we already has few dozen of them.

25tg Opal
Second LKC test commenced. Target kitten energy was achieved. Using stairs at levels nearing target allowed to register the speed and direction of particles born. This has also allowed our butchers to save a step or two while going to process chunks captured particles. Now we need to accumulate more data and send it to Obsidian Valley, so they could achieve greater understanding of how kittens work.
We've been intentionally postponing meeting with diplomat so he could carry this news back to mountainhomes. He left today gladly.

26th Opal
While commencing some scientific experiments, we've not forgot why we're here. I've finished sorting our graveyard. Every dead being should have its own spot in memorial complex. But now complex needs expanding. Not that we've got hundreds of dead, it's just my poor planning that caused this.

16th Obsidian
I've created another smasher at exploratory shaft level. However I doubt we'll get to using it during my turn. We're doing cleanup since beginning of month.

17th Obsidian
One of CIA agents started acting strangely I suspect this being part of feline plot since right after that two cats poped kittens out simultaneously.

19th Obsidian
Some kobold managed to scavenge something left from goblins outside, now he's going to boast about how weak and undefended we are here causing more of these foolish creatures to come and attempt to take over this place.

20th Obsidian
Oh god, oh god. I'm so screwed. I'm so screwed. Today while I was going to drop some boulder to trash compactor, I've bumped into our liaison. While I was wondering why he's still here, he suddenly became enraged and charged at me. Luckily that happened not far from our barracks and luckily he didn't get much training hanging with mayor there. Now there's diplomat's chunks at three different levels. Oh god, oh god, I've forgot to let him out of fort. They will be very unhappy in the mountainhomes, of course they won't declare war to us we're their colony after all, but now they ought to send hammerer after me. Alright, calm down, calm down. Everyone is dazed by this event I'll pretend I'm going to do some cleaning in the trash compactor, by the way I should order the miners to remove ramp there or someone can get hurt. Alright, I'll pretend I'm going to trash compactor, then drop this journal near compactor as it belongs to lord Avuz. Then I'll pretend I'm inside during compactor launch. Next I'll change the name so and will join the militia, they're spending year round in barracks and no one will dare to bother them since they ensure fortress safety. Plus they don't know much about rest of the fortress and they can wear helmets covering face all the year round without causing suspicion.
Oh my god, oh my god. What I've done, there's no forgiveness for such a blame. I'll end my life in the most scientific device in the fortress. So whoever is reading this, you should know that your leader Di is dead by now and don't try to find me, trash compactors don't leave much to put in casket. By the way tell the miners to remove the ramp to the compactor main chamber.

Journal End.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11