Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: The Gods Must Be Crazy!!! [Sussession RPG fortress] - Year 6  (Read 22504 times)

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
Re: The Gods Must Be Crazy!!! [Sussession RPG fortress] - Year 2
« Reply #60 on: November 23, 2010, 05:33:20 pm »

Ah, at least you've buried him. So we don't need to be aware of Halloween parties...

Why bury dead bodies when you can smash them with a pure gold bridge?
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 24, 2010, 12:12:09 am »

Ah, at least you've buried him. So we don't need to be aware of Halloween parties...

Why bury dead bodies when you can smash them with a pure gold bridge?
He-he-he... It's one of new features in 31.18
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 24, 2010, 10:17:52 am »

I killed Dariush
??!!!??? >:(??!! :o!!!?? :'(?!!? :'(!?!REVEEEENGE!!!!!!
Anyway, I'll pick up the save tomorrow, a bit busy today.
Huh?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 24, 2010, 11:10:40 am »

Journal of Avuz Imikavuz, Master Carpenter:
Something strange happened today. As I was walking on my daily chores, a falling brick knocked me out. Well, nothing unusual in that except that after I felt somehow... enlightened, as though some power is guiding my hand. For the first time in lifetime I looked around me and thought...

What.
The.
Fuck.

The fortress I'm currently working in has beeen established just two years ago, but already it's halls are smeared by blood, corpses of dwarves and monkeys alike rot in out graveyards and some mad glassy skybridge towers above it all. Oh, and did I mention a shitload of cabinets sitting in out stockpile while everyone has to sleep in a barracks, while there's space prepared for FUCKING TWENTY-FIVE magma smelters? Yeah, we have that too.

With a sigh, I got to work. This place has to be cleared up.

Edit: OOC: For the start, I'll carve out decent bedrooms, establish glass production and make an awesome meeting hall, after which I'll make a magma-trap.
And some questions:
1) Can dwarves see through the floor grates onto the level below?
2) What's that skybridge for, after all?
3) If I destroy a workshop, will all items inside spill on the floor? (Yes, we DO have a purple-clutter mason's workshop that has some shit like armor stands and cabinets >_>)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 11:34:03 am by Dariush »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2010, 12:07:43 pm »

Impressed! :o Seems that Rolan missed something in his diary...

And some questions:
1) Can dwarves see through the floor grates onto the level below?
2) What's that skybridge for, after all?
3) If I destroy a workshop, will all items inside spill on the floor? (Yes, we DO have a purple-clutter mason's workshop that has some shit like armor stands and cabinets >_>)
1) Yes. And can shoot too, at least that was stated at 40d's wiki. At enemies can.
2) For Ertal Scarconflict the Maw of Typhoons!!! 8)
3) Definitely yes.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2010, 12:25:33 pm »

So, my current mad project would be moving our meeting hall (16 tiles? O RLY?) over the entrance which will also be made by me. The whole success will depend on some untested theories and major Fun in case even one of them fails.

Some engraver got fey'd and made a whopping earring. I fail to grasp the frail balance between lack of empty bags and lack of sand-filled bugs so I am eagerly awaiting elves' arrival to get some cloth (I didn't say 'buy', mind you). The Project advances at crawling speed, so I had to take drastic measures...
Spoiler: AHAHAHAHAHA (click to show/hide)

Edit 2: Finally, in Felsite elves arrived and promptly lost about 4000 dorfbuks in cloth, bags and wolf cage. The sand problem is soon to be solved.

WELCOME TO THE FUCKING ROPEGRIP! HOPE YOU LIKE... er... CHAOS!

Edit 3: An ambush. Oh fuck. We don't have a militia, we don't have any traps, we don't have any defense at all... I walled off the main staircase above. A couple of dorfs got stuck outside, but I don't see any breaches.

Edit 4: Actually, A LOT of dwarves got stuck outside. Among them my second incarnation, Bayar and RandomNumberGenerator (the latter two are already dead). What should I do? Arm a militia and try to beat them off or sit in the impregnable fortress and hope for the best?

Edit 5: I got all remaining dwarves in a burrow and forbade the front doors. We have 26 dorfs standing and the same number dead (including those who died before). In addition to aforementioned casualties, Rolan and mrbobbyg are dead. Me and Urist Imiknorris are last two PCs standing. The overall fortress morale is a slightest bit
Spoiler: dissatisfying. (click to show/hide)
In short, we're in shit up to the ears.

Edit 6: Oh wait, I didn't notice the humans arriving! We're saved! The goblins shall be repelled!

Edit 7: Everything sucks. Insanities, tantrums et cetera brought population down to 19. Let's pray we'll get some migrants soon...

Edit 8: Did I say everything?

I don't even want to comment.
Maybe I should post the save now and leave it to some more skilled overseer? :(
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 02:11:52 pm by Dariush »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gods Must Be Crazy!!! [Sussession RPG fortress] - Year 3
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2010, 02:11:15 pm »

See? This is why I'm against premature dorfing.  :D
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2010, 02:13:50 pm »

Awesome!

Don't give up!

You can do this!

!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2010, 02:14:41 pm »

Well, everyone died from thirst except new migrants. Yes, everyone. Feel free to suggest what should I do next.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2010, 02:15:38 pm »

1. Make a farm
2. Farm helmets
3. make booze
4. secure entrance
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2010, 02:31:03 pm »

Cool! An epic fail!
Is someone alive? I suggest the last one would flood whole map with magma... in case we aren't going reclaim it

BTW, who is that happy guy - Tekkud Konmeng? Did he manage to survive? If yes, make him the leader of reborn fortress!
I mean her. didn't notice gender icons
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 02:42:37 pm by peregarrett »

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2010, 02:45:11 pm »

Journal of Solon Zefonidek, leader of Castle of Warmth:
Early in 153 our glorious nation of Guilds of Cremation sent to create an outpost to repel the hordes of goblins to the east. On our long journey we saw a smoke rising in the distance that marked the smelting of our fellow dwarves and turned in to trade. However, what we saw when we arrived was a sight of utter destruction - everywhere upon the landscape lay countless still forms of animals, dwarves and goblins. Most of them were mutilated, and among them walked pale skeletons of other inhabitants of Ropegrip, as we later learned the outpost was called. As we watched, the poor guys stumbled around the corpses, collapsing here and there and not moving. Some of our group were afraid to go inside, fearing that there might be hellspawn inside. I discarded those fears with a laugh, telling that the demons are naught but product of fairy tales and we held a meeting. By a majority vote, we decided to stop here and try to restore both the outpost and the story of what happened here. The only entrance we found was closed and barred from the inside, and it took the efforts of all of us to break the door open and to peer inside. Everything was haunted by terrible stench of rotting bodies, and the walls near the entrance were covered in blood. From the entrance to the both side streched neat little alcoves with workshops inside, but the last such alcove to the right instead held barracks... and corpses. Three dead bodies, one rotten and another mutilated. The last turn to the left led to a staircase that dropped deep into the earth. As we went down, the stench of miasma increased, and the heat of volcano manifested itself. Three levels below entrance, a shallow corridor led... somewhere. More corpses were threwn along it. Advancing farther, we found a dining hall which was in the ultimate chaos. Glass tables and chairs were broken and threwn about, corpses lay torn apart among shatters with animals sniffing the remains. Still, there was no sign of any invaders - could it be that the dwarves did this thing to themselves?...

Now it lays to us to rebuild this hellhole to whatever glory it earlier possessed.

Start of Timber:
With a heavy heart I ordered all the corpses taken to the top of the main staircase. It was the least we could do - it would take far too much effort to actually bury them. It was as I stood among the pile of corpses that I heard a scream of our stonecrafter, Amost, and saw a goblin spear
Spoiler: pierce his skull (click to show/hide)
like a piece of cheese and kill him on the place. Dumbfounded, I stood there, not believing my eyes. Amost, with whom I grew up, who was my best friend, killed just like that?! No... No, it can't be...

Addendum: It took me a couple of hours to recover from initial shock, but finally I realised that a dwarven caravan has arrived and was right now fighting off the green-faced bastards. I saw my grim partners stand around me and swore an oath not to give up until Amost was avenged and to make this outpost the impregnable fortress in face of the darkness!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 06:58:29 am by Dariush »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2010, 12:26:56 am »

we urgently need traps to protect fortress, before we get enough dwarves to form army. I'd suggest simple grinder with iron discs

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 25, 2010, 01:27:32 am »

So, uhh, push me back a bit, since I'll be gone until Monday and my laptop doesn't have the power to run DF.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 25, 2010, 02:19:01 am »

So, uhh, push me back a bit, since I'll be gone until Monday and my laptop doesn't have the power to run DF.
Um, ok. So next is Imiknorris then... in case we manage to survive till spring =)

BTW, Dariush, did you make a reclaim or those 7 dwarfs are just migrants that came just before last citizen died?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 02:21:26 am by peregarrett »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11