Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: The Gods Must Be Crazy!!! [Sussession RPG fortress] - Year 6  (Read 22503 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Gods Must Be Crazy!!! [Sussession RPG fortress] - Year 2
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2010, 11:11:36 am »

Seems nobody else is ready at the moment, so I'll give it a try!
Good luck! I hope save will be ok , I'm kinda nervous about it.

Save worked fine.  Seemed big, but I guess that's the "new" version.
First thought: What's that white stuff... snow?  Cool.
Second thought: Why isn't spacebar working as cancel oh right.
Third thought: Where am I, oh there I am, on break of course!  I'll just draft myself and :|

This is going to be fun.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2010, 12:21:32 pm »

Do we have a god of chaos? That would actually be pretty cool. If not, I'll probably just take a god of fortresses or something.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2010, 12:57:39 pm »

It's a shame glass furniture doesn't have quality levels ):

"Haha what, you mean I'm in charge now?  Excellent!  First order of business:"
Rolan cancels machinations: On Break

"But while I do important management stuff in the dining hall... any of you losers know about glassmaking?  Ah, Lorbam, good.  Good enough anyway.  Quit your haulin' and start making glass blocks - you can handle that, right?   Everybody else, try not to starve or nuthin."

Now let's see... 3, nah, 6... times, hm, 4.  Then add a bunch.  Assign a stockpile, another stockpile, that should be enough... alright.
"Make me 120 glass blocks!  Take 24 up to the top level, and the rest to the slope.  It must be Deler Paintgranite's birthday, because she's getting a present!"

I assigned a couple of mostly unskilled laborers to glass duty, and made another two magma glass forges.  While they complained about the lack of sand, I took a look at the rest of the fortress.  Good stuff!  I see that hunting is as productive as they say.  I did notice that plump helmets were being cooked, and disabled that.  Let them eat chopped cow livers, plants are for booze.  I disabled Longland Beer from being cooked, too, though I guess it's only used as an ingredient now instead of the entire meal.  The stocks look OK, but I'm more worried about booze than food right now.

2nd Slate: Ugh.  An entire month and they're almost done with just the first section of my construction.  What is it you ask?  Well diary, can you keep a secret?  Yes?  So can I.

7th Slate: The only carpenter is too busy smelting ore to build my scaffolds, huh?  Actually that's good.  More ore is good.  Some more haulers are converted into "carpenters" of a fashion.

8th Slate: Accursed Macaque's.  I was too busy watching them bleed on the slope to notice one of them escaping with a battle axe.  I'm sure *that* won't come back to bite us.

12th Slate: Doren the Dyer stopped his habitual sleep talking, and has in fact stopped talking altogether.  He is running around like a scared bunny, squirreling gems into my jewler's workshop.  While Doren's silence is unsettling, it would appear Paintgranite is showing her approval of my construction by commissioning a gem-related artifact!  I'm glad work is going well on said secret construction.

18th Slate: Kivishdodok has made Vushkivish Akam Kebon using tsavorite, chrysocolla, groundhog leather, and a weekly ration of the letters k and v.  I swear, he almost sounds like a kobold.  He is apparently a fan of our glorious queen, wooo, all hail.  Or maybe he just likes the fact her first name is Doren as well.  At 78000 dwarfbucks, I fear he might get her attention.

8th Felsite: My hands-off management has yet to utterly destroy the fortress, and more importantly, my grand construction is complete!  ...Actually, it's not very grand at all.  It's a green glass bridge with copper supports, starting at the peak and overhanging the volcano.  It's really cold.  There's snow on it.  It has no quality levels.  ...Unacceptable!  I have 9 months left, I can do better.  The magma forges glow as yet more sand is shoveled in.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2010, 01:34:37 pm »

It's a shame glass furniture doesn't have quality levels ):

lolWUT? It does! Those table, throne and cabinet you made under my control are masterwork!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2010, 01:36:21 pm »

Do we have a god of chaos? That would actually be pretty cool. If not, I'll probably just take a god of fortresses or something.
well, yours is god of fire, jewels and metals. But you can just switch to any dorf with desired deity
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2010, 03:49:49 pm »

I'd love to join in. I've never done a succession fortress, but they seem like fun.

I do have a few questions though;

1. Can I play with a texture pack without corrupting the save?
2. How would I upload a save after my turn?

Anyway, I'd love a smith or military type dwarf if possible. For some reason, I love laboring away for hours on end making completely useless metal objects so I can build that 1337 moat out the back of my soapmaker.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 03:51:43 pm by Azated »
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2010, 03:50:42 pm »

I wrote in this box the whole time I played.  Then in month 10 I bumped the "back" key on my keyboard.

I really should have known better by now ):<

To summarize, I improved my skybridge construction a bunch, and accidentally killed Dariush and an NPC with caveins.  Mainly because I can't understand the hospital system.  Real sorry ):

I'll just finish this up, I've spent waaay too much time on it already.

Had to tear down some scaffolding so Peregarrett could make her artifact.  She used a lot of parts, and ended up with a very impressive native copper mechanism!  28800 dwarfbucks, menaces with spikes, too bad it was a possession.  Some NPC got possessed too and made a really lame bracelet with wood.

I'm happy with how the skybridge turned out, except, I kinda wish the windows weren't covered in snow.  I hoped that would go away when I build the glass ceiling over them, but nope.  Maybe running magma through the bridge would help, but I doubt it, and I think magma would deconstruct the bridge "floor" anyway.

I separated the food stockpile into "booze" and "prepared meals", and put a seeds stockpile next to the farm plots.  Everything else food related, including harvest crops, goes in the Orthoclase room below the kitchen.  Only the booze stockpile gets barrels, I don't see the need to put food in barrels really (but it's up to everyone else now!)

Pic from about halfway through the year:

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3469
She/they

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2010, 12:41:29 am »

Cool, I made an artifact too!
By the way, I have an idea to usage of that first wooden artifact grate. We can put it to the roof of castle and ignite with magma. Smoke will help others to find out fortress. And warn elves.

Iand put a seeds stockpile next to the farm plots.
Uh? There was that stockpile already  :)

I'd love to join in. I've never done a succession fortress, but they seem like fun.

I do have a few questions though;

1. Can I play with a texture pack without corrupting the save?
2. How would I upload a save after my turn?

Anyway, I'd love a smith or military type dwarf if possible. For some reason, I love laboring away for hours on end making completely useless metal objects so I can build that 1337 moat out the back of my soapmaker.
Ok, you're in.
I don't know about texture packs, but my default ascii-set save worked with Rolan's graphic.
You can upload to http://dffd.wimbli.com

You can also choose a deity from available ones, they all are listed in the first post
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 01:09:50 am by peregarrett »

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2010, 03:07:01 am »

Awesome, should be fun. :D

I'll choose Or methinks. I love water; it's less dangerous than magma but kills just as effectively.  8)
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2010, 03:08:21 am »

So, it's Dariush's turn now.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2010, 07:47:21 am »

I killed Dariush
??!!!??? >:(??!! :o!!!?? :'(?!!? :'(!?!REVEEEENGE!!!!!!
Anyway, I'll pick up the save tomorrow, a bit busy today.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2010, 08:49:47 am »

I killed Dariush
??!!!??? >:(??!! :o!!!?? :'(?!!? :'(!?!REVEEEENGE!!!!!!
Anyway, I'll pick up the save tomorrow, a bit busy today.

I know D:  I think it was like the second or third cave-in too, when I should have known better.
I made tried to use the skybridge as a tomb for you (is it possible to move a dwarf to a tomb posthumously?) but for now your dwarf's just buried there.

I tried to toss the dump the NPC's corpse into the lava but no one would do it... I must not know some trick to it beyond defining the ledge as a garbage dump.
She/they

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 23, 2010, 08:52:04 am »

Ah, at least you've buried him. So we don't need to be aware of Halloween parties...

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 23, 2010, 11:41:02 am »

Ah, no. Actually, that god sounds pretty cool. Maybe do a massive expansion of the metalworking/mining industries...

I'm up next, right?
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 23, 2010, 11:46:05 am »

Now Dariush, then you.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11