Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: The Gods Must Be Crazy!!! [Sussession RPG fortress] - Year 6  (Read 22474 times)

Zara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gods Must Be Crazy!!! [Sussession RPG fortress] - embark team FULL
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2010, 02:52:08 am »

You have already decided on an embark location, haven't you? Because I would have to offer this place:

There is not only have a sinister glacier,a volcano and obsidian, there also is a layer of dolomite beneath the ice in the north and south (not in the image), which means that flux is available and most like magnetite and coal. When I checked out the place, the volcano didn't appear to be bugged. I've also got some rp-ideas for this location, and thought about starting a succession game, too - but we probably don't need to parties starting a fortress at a volcano in the artic wastes at the same time. So you can sign me up for the 8th year - and in case we don't make it till then, I would eventually start a succession game at this location.

If you want to check out this map, I can upload it later..  I'm just not sure where to upload it atm.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2010, 03:51:32 am »

Oh. I just embarked there. But your location seems great! If you'll make a succession game there - i'm in!

Granite 1st, 151
Our travel to those frosen mountain has finished. We're finally here! First thing you see upon reaching this place - obsidian tube, filled with magma, raising from the mountain slope to 10 zUrists. Peak is just 1 zUrist higher!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I had a short glance on our surrounding - well, we have hematite, copper and malachite veins, small clusters of aluminum, and outcrop of marble cluster east from the volcano. Plains norh from us are quite filled with trees and I saw a bunch of hoary marmots there.

Well, I think it's time to explain our goal here.
The Guilds of Cremation sent us to etablish a holy place here, where pilgrims can strengthen their faith - to whatever dwarven god they worship. At least, those gods who WE decide deserve worshiping.
As for myself, I'll take all efforts to honor Ertal Scarconflict

and ór

My colleagues i guess will honor thei owh deities.
Rolan worships ór and Deler Paingranite The Yellow Ink

as well as strange dwarf that we call "RandomNumberGenerator" - we forgot to take dices and almost bored ourselves to death during travel, but luckily we had her in our party. She was a nice replacement of dices - dice has only 6 faces, while she can generate any number at any borders.

Daruis is my sister in faith, she worships Ertal Scarconflict and ór.

Our hunter, Bayar, also worships ór and Deler

Our only miner and metalcrafter Urist Imiknorris worships Bol. Bol only.

And the last one, mrBobbyg, carpenter and woodcutter worships Nåzom

and Kukon

She was one who suffer without dices the most. Until we could use talents of Random.

Well, lets settle a bit!
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2010, 04:30:35 am »

Granite 11th
It seems to be good start. Bayar genocides marmots, Imiknorris digs quaters for us. First we make small entranceat the place we parked or wagon, but later we'll wall this hole and build glorious entrance brigde over volcano, leading to the fortress made of clear glass...
I ordered to build butchery for myself, tannery for Random (she doesn't know howto make leather, but she has to learn by doing. I can't waste those skins - we'll need bags for sand and other leather crafts for weath and trade. For Ertal!)

Bayar, that oakhead, dropped that iron crossbow that he silently brought himself, and picked copper one. And left for hunt.  Why did we took that copper stuff after all, if we had iron one?!
mrBobbyg cuts trees at the plains, and we all bring logs near entrance, at our spare time.

Also we built masonry and mechanic workshop. If we got to operate magma-  we'll need mechanisms!

Granite 25th
Damn, those marmot parts began to stink. We need storage room for our food - gave order to Imiknorris, and installed a door to butcher's shop, to block miasma

Slate 13th
Food storage is ready. It located directly under dining hall. Well, now time to do some magma-floooding! We need farms, farms need water, water needs ice to be melted!

Felsite 8th
While Imiknorris digs suitable place for farms and magma heater system under those frozen lakes, we all went to gather plants, that are hidden under snow. Also we'll need some magma-safe mechanisms... We got to find some magma-safe rocks!
Bayar says he's out of ammo... Then go and collect those that ain't broked, dumbass!! And help us colelct those plants - we'll make nice drinks from them.

Hematite 1st.
It's summer now. No difference can be seen, though. Snow and snow and snow again.
Farm place dug, magma heater almost dug too. Still  no magma-safe stones - that's bad. We NEED mechanisms to operate magma!

Hematite 13th
I'm idiot. Just next to our wagon we've got large alunite cluster! So, mechanisms and bridges!

Galena 2nd
Migrants!Pilgrims!
very useful Armorer, tanner/butcher to help us process all those hunted animals, and some useless people - dyer, trapper, peasant, fish dissector. Also a woodcutter

Dyer, Doren Kivishdodok is the worshiper of Avuz, first of us.

Galena 12th
Magma Heater system works as supposed. South-east murky pool was heated and we flood our farm place
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Too bad ice cap above that pool didn't melt. ór wants warm lakes!!!

Galena 27th
I do undestand why those useless people was sent to pilgrimage. They almost destroyed our alcohol supplies in no time! I ordered to brew all plants that we've collected , and finally farm plots are constructed.

Limestone 1st
Autumn has come. We're doing nice - food and drink production works, Imiknorris digs reservoir to power magma forges, soon we'll start metal and glass industry
Oh well, traders got to be soon. We need depot and some stuff to trade

Limestone 25th
Pilgrims again!
High master glassmaker, weaponsmith/engraver and weaponsmith/carpenter, another armorer, and 4 useless battlemeat.

Sandstone 3rd
We're starting magma forges industry!

Sandstone 10th
Avuz Imikavuz suddenly rushed to carpenter shop and locked inside. He looks like knowing something that we, miserable species should never know. He took 2 alder logs and is making something. No one knows what.

Sandstone 15th.
Alder grate "Longattic the Cinders of Naming". Decorated with alder, menaces with spikes of alder. That guy really lacks creativity. But nevertheless he's legendary carpenter now.

I drafted all peasants to miners brigade. As we have smelter and forve now, we can make picks for them
Damn those guys a really dumb asses! I ordered them to complete digging of rooms for future smelters and forges, and each time they touch the wall, they shout "It's warm!!!" and ask me is it ok. Sure it's ok, idiots! There is magma tank directly below! That's why we dig here! Oh, give me my beer, please..

Timber 11th
That thaw lake behaves too strange. From time to time it completely freezes, and then it thaws again. I added some magma there, and guess what! It FROZE!! This place is really strange. I'll do some digging to lower magma level there. I like warm water, not ice!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 08:40:30 am by peregarrett »
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2010, 08:33:21 am »

I really like how I worship a god of night and darkness.

Me reign will be *interesting.*
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2010, 08:41:40 am »

I really like how I worship a god of night and darkness.

Me reign will be *interesting.*

Oh well, an our fortress is named Codenzagod - "Ropegrip"!  :-X

We got some gems here.. they got to be cut and encrusted into something!

Timber 19th
Traders and liaison came. Well, we have a lot useless stone crafts to sell!

Moonstone 1st
On well, witer again. Still no difference - snow and snow.
Traders took all our crafts and gave something in exchange - some drinks, some cloth, some cages. No cats! There is giant eagle flying far above, if we could capture him...

Moonstone 2nd
Liaison asked me what requests do i have
Lye, pearlash, coke, charcoal, lignite and bituminous coal. We'll have massive steel industry!

Moonstone 11th
Damn those traders! They sell me cow cage, but later it appeared that there is BULL inside! Holy crap, I was going to start milk and cheese industry.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 09:17:06 am by peregarrett »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2010, 09:05:40 am »

Ack, is it almost my turn already?  I can take it, but if someone else wants it, please skip me for now!  I got distracted by an old 40d fortress so I'm still kinda lost with the new version (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2010, 09:16:07 am »

I believe a god who's associated with war and fortresses?... Brin' it on!  8)
By the way, didn't you forget to post a save?

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 22, 2010, 09:19:46 am »

I put save at embark time to first post. But i have'nt finished with my turn yet.
Have some patience, there just a month left, and there will be the save

Moonstone 18th
Stairwell was dug to the peak. When i was inspecting that hilarious view, that giant eagle did the same. I had to hide inside. We need to deal with them, quickly!

But, we need to prepare some place for glass castle with Bridge Over Fire, and that place IS the peak. Eagles can have their opinion, but they'd better shut up!

Opal 12th
Rolan has been taken by fey mood. She is unnaturally high, telling everyone about something from glass she just invented... but she doesn't take out beautiful magma glass smelter. Oh well, maybe oldstyled one would be better for her?
Opal 19th
Oh well, oldstylish furnace worked ok. She happily jiged until we finished to build it, and then she kicked all of us from there. I guess she knows what she does...
Hell, now she needs raw green  glass. We need sand, sand needs bags. Screw it, I'll install a door to her furnace, her screams make my ears hurt!
The only clothier among us is our manager Tholtig Razotuzol. He went to sleep, then woke up and then decided to take a break. Asshole. I'l order someone to build clothery and make bag for sand

Obsidian 5th
Finally we made bag, collected sand and made green glass. two. Rolan finally satisfied and walked for some lumber. And rough gem.

Obsidian 11th
Oh look, such a cute little thing!

and it costs 44400 bucks! Nice job, Rolan!

Obsidian 16th
I surely deserved some reward for managing all this idiocy. I asked Rolan to make me green glass table, throne and cabinet, and made nice room for myself.
Also we need to prepare material for future megaproject. I ordered to construct 30 green glass blocks and store them at the last floor.

Obsidian 18th
Bayar took care of giant eagle. Come here, my friend, i'll make something useful from your body...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 10:22:58 am by peregarrett »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 22, 2010, 10:06:07 am »

About strange lakes, moving magma radiates more heat than still one, when magma do not flow it cannot heat ice up to thawing.
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2010, 10:14:22 am »

Our first artifact is about dwarves warring with elves.

Excellent.
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2010, 10:27:26 am »

Awesome :D
Thanks for not locking me in :P
Only DF would come up with a name like "Betwitchlured" (sic).
And what luck, it wasn't a possession!  Perfect!
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2010, 10:37:41 am »

So, it's spring now.
We've got two artifacts, farming industry, magma forges of all kinds.. we're a bit short of plants though - our farmers suck. I hope those artifacts attract more pilgrims, especially with farming skill.

Also we're ready to construct The Castle. I suggest high ramp way, then long bridge over volcano and finally huge castle at the peak, made out of glass.

I'm uploading the save.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3463
Done, updated first post
Who is next? Roland, will you take or skip?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 10:43:04 am by peregarrett »

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2010, 10:42:33 am »

Our first artifact is about dwarves warring with elves.

Excellent.
It's actually the second one, but it's first one worth mentioning. First was alder grate, and it costs about 3000.

Awesome :D
Thanks for not locking me in :P
Only DF would come up with a name like "Betwitchlured" (sic).
And what luck, it wasn't a possession!  Perfect!
You're welcome! I had quite micromanaging with that - first they refused to build clothery, then to make bags, then i had to allocate temporary glassmaker to smelt sand into raw grass... Uh oh.
that's good that you didn't demanded clear glass, or even crystal one...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Gods Must Be Crazy!!! [Sussession RPG fortress] - Year 2
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2010, 10:56:54 am »

Seems nobody else is ready at the moment, so I'll give it a try!
She/they

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Gods Must Be Crazy!!! [Sussession RPG fortress] - Year 2
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2010, 10:58:41 am »

Seems nobody else is ready at the moment, so I'll give it a try!
Good luck! I hope save will be ok , I'm kinda nervous about it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11