Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Keeperlanced - Genesis Succesion  (Read 3587 times)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Keeperlanced - Genesis Succesion
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2010, 01:17:52 am »

Wafers, like any bar of metal, are made at the smelter as soon as you have access to the reagents. In this case, you turn 1 stone's worth of Adamantine strands into 1 stack of wafers.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 07, 2010, 08:25:30 am »

Ok. Thanks.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2010, 01:32:12 pm »

I would like to request a one day extension to my turn. Yesterday, a power outage killed my internet temporarily. It's back now, so I'll continue my one update/day schedule.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2010, 01:56:44 pm »

Sure.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2010, 01:58:34 pm »

For trade goods, produce some maces or refined coal, the Mountainhomes want those really bad, especially refined coal.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 09, 2010, 12:01:29 am »

Journal of Argonnek the Great (milker) Leader, 14th of Felsite, 253.
Oh tragedy! The demonspawn goblins and their vampire allies have killed Urvad Dalzatbesmar! He must have been out

of the walls! But why? We may never know. I only wish that we could have recovered his body.

1st of Hematite, 253.
Summer has arrived. What little joy this brings cannot light the shadow that hangs over us all.

10th of Hematite, 253.
With the rising sun came the cries of a child being born. This has finally stirred me into action. From this point

on, all couples are required to use contraceptives. There will be no more conceptions under my rulership!

13th of Malachite, 253.
Another child was born. This is infuriating, but I can take solace in the fact that this can only continue for a

short while longer, as the conception ban has been put in place.

15th of Malachite, 253.
Someone near the caverns heard the bellowing of a forgotten beast!

I'm glad I put up those walls around the stairs.

7th of Galena, 253.
Another birth... Maybe I should instate a danger room to cause miscarriages instead of allowing birth...
I hope that the siege breaks soon, I'm getting a little antsy.

15th of Galena, 253.
The keepers have arrived, but I don't think we will be able to trade until the siege breaks.
Excellent news! The besieging force is gone! They've given up! Open the gates! Let the Keepers Trade!

18th of Galena, 253.
The ezrakim have arrived as well. I look forward to this trading season.

19th of Galena, 253.
Snatcher! Protect the children!

20th of Galena, 253.
An ambush! Close the gates!
Ugh... An accident with the gatebridges has caused the messy end of Kogsak the Dyer. May he know peace in the

afterlife.

21st of Galena, 253.
The ezrakim have beaten back the ambush... Let's not anger them in the future.

1st of Limestone, 253.
Well, it's autumn now, and there is only one season before a new election.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2010, 01:18:57 am »

The Journal of Argonnek the great, 23rd of Limestone, 253.

Stop whining about the olm! It can't hurt you! Get back to work!

27th of Limestone, 253.

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!!

28th of Limestone, 253.
After the final tally, there are only eight migrants, bringing our population up to 93. The housing complex will be filling up faster than I had intended.

18th of Sandstone, 253.
We have finally finished using up the adamantine the previous ruler had demanded be mined. All of it has been converted into strands or wafers, ready for use by our industries.

27th of Sandstone, 253.
We caught a skunk in our cage traps today. I have ordered it to be tamed and slaughtered. It's about time we got some meat in here.

8th of Timber, 253.
I have ordered the construction of a scriptorium and a library, as well as the creation of vellum. I want my fellow dwarves to be educated, especially the doctors.

11th of Timber, 253.
The orcs have arrived to trade. I'm glad we have so many stone crafts in our piles.

15th of Timber, 253.

We're under siege! Close the gates!

23rd of Timber, 253.
There is not much to do while besieging forces surround us, so I went over our ledgers to see where we're at.

1st of Moonstone, 253.
Winter is upon us, and is the last season of my rulership. Now is the time to do Memorable things!

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2010, 10:36:36 am »

I pmed !!crundle!! (who's post to join I didn't see before) and I need you to upload the save.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2010, 01:02:52 pm »

Oh well, a deadline's a deadline. I'll post what's happened so far.

Final Journal of Argonnek the Great, 5th of Moonstone, 253.
The orcish merchants have said that they are eager to return their profits to their homelands. I have tried to dissuade them from trying to leave, but they have no sense and act as if they are brave enough to fight of the forces on their way home.

9th of Moonstone, 253.
The merchants are now whining about the fact that the bridges are closed. I will wait until they are packed, then open the gates.

6th of Opal, 253.
Little Kadol has grown to childhood and no longer needs to be carried. By Armok... things are so dull during sieges... So boring.

9th of Opal, 253.
Oh shit, the merchants are starting to kill each other in frustration. The merchant jianban was the first to snap. Let's hope they don't get violent with my dwarves.

A Glassmaker has been possessed!

10th of Opal, 253.
The other dwarves have voted me out! Why? What did I do? Ungrateful elves!

Here is the save.

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2010, 01:58:11 pm »

Downloading now.

Prepare for...

SOMETHING!

...or the other thing
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2010, 02:38:03 pm »

Journal of '!!crundle!!' Melbilnoram, who once ruled Keeperlanced

20th Opal

I've finally done it. I've manipulated the mayor, and now I am the one truly in power, it seems.

I take a look around.

The swimming pools seem fine.

And- what's this? There are miners training for war- USING AXES? Blasphemy! Picks for them NOW!

The enemy waits just outside, I know this as I peek around the corner- and see them staring right back.

I walked through the halls, seeing a glassmaker babbling about 'raw green' and 'gems, shining.' We have no (amper) sand, ye shuck! GET BACK TO WORK!

As I wander down the halls, I see orcs dashing about, babbling.

DEAL WITH IT~!

What's wrong with this place? I asked myself as i idly tossed a fireball at a slacker. BACK TO WORK, MAYOR'S ORDERS!

And what's THIS? THE GRAND TREASURER'S OFFICE ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH! DAMNED SLACKERS, GET YOU ASSES OFF THE DINING ROOM AND FIX IT!

I need a drink...

26th Opal

This is an odd development, as a frost wyrm has been heard in the distance.

I must speak to my advisor.

...Never mind, it seems to have attacked the goblin hordes, and it was overwhelmed.

Poor creature.

But the goblins have frostbite at least.

At least.

1st Obsidian

It seems the beast finally broke their morale out there- the goblins are leaving.

One by one, they continue to flee.

This is okay.

There's just one more out there.

I can kill him.

Maggot.

5th Obsidian

I just noticed something.

An adamantine mace.

WHAT
THE
FUCK

is wrong with these people

I...

I just don't.

I need another drink.

20th Obsidian

I've started building a tower for marksdwarves. It will be made of sandstone and linked to bothe the surface and the fort (with a drawbridge of course and OH GODS ABOVE A GOBLIN AAAAAAAH
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 03:33:52 pm by !!crundle!! »
w̷̦̬̹̣͕̙͖͑̓̌̓̑̄͒͋͜͝h̙̩͈̱͚̳̳̪͖̙͕̥̳ͥ̍̔͂̑̿̓̍̑ͣ͆̅̀͢y̧̼̭͎͓̟̺͉̰͎̱̜ͫ̂́͗̐̑́w̢̬̪͈̲̽̋́̈̓ͨ̄͐̿̓ͧ̇ͩ̏ͫ̑̎͟͡ḩ̡͍̫̣̹̬̙̭͊ͯͯ̉͡y̔ͥ̏͛̀̂̎̆ͥͮ̐̍̈̏͆̓̅̒҉̢̘͚͎̠̻̣̯̥̠̙̤̪̮̝̲̜̪́̕̕ͅw̸̗̻̱ͭͣͦͤ̇̑̅͗ͨͬ͋̉͊ͨ͂͜hͩͪ̋ͣ̇̔͂ͧ̍̾͂͏̨̠͕̼̟͙̳̺͕̥͔̜̮̩̰̲̞̼y̴̸̵̪͕̜̪̙̦̘ͧ̽̇ͭͭͬͯ̾̈́̐̂̉͆͒ͤ̌̀̕w̺̟͙͙̭͇̟̮͉̯͈͖̩͔͊͛ͧͯ̀̿ͣͪ͂ͪ͘̕͠ͅh̷̴̷̢͉͖̺̦̣͙̓ͧ̅͋ͪ̾̓͒̌̒ͯ̇́ͯ̕y̋ͪ̓̒̈́͞͏̤̗̞̲̪͚̮̤̫̪̺̪̫̕w̸͔̺̱̼̪̮̘̟͖̭̱͓͈̜͇͚͉̙͊̈́ͦ̅̋̂ͩ̓͗́̚͡ͅĥ̶̨̟̺͕̌͆͒͑ͦͨ̉͆͜͜ý̧͓̼̘̯͉̘̺̩͇̻͈͔̖͎̜͍ͭ̌ͩ͟͝͞

!!crundle!!

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERYONE, I AM ON FIRE
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2010, 05:56:34 pm »

Journal of '!!crundle!!'

21st Opal

I haven't been keeping this up to date at all, have I.

But I was working.

Working to save this hellhole.

And I'd say it worked.

First things first, though.

Good news and bad news coming up soon.

Good news:

The glassmaker babbling in the halls got his shit together and made a very nice figurine of a chessboard being made. I need a display case made for that shit.
The tower was being built, and going along well.
Migrants arrived.

Bad news:

A pair of ambush squads from the demons appeared and killed most of the migrants, a few of the tower workers, and broke my hand, AND caused a big fire.
The manager was killed in this.

After that, I retreated indoors, got treated at the hospital, and found that some merchants had come and slaughtered the demons.

Alright.

Some kid started babbling for shells, and later went mad.

I traded with the elves, of both kinds, and the nords when they came to us.

I disbanded the miner militia, and formed a marksdwarf squad for the tower.

The tower got done.

Another glassmaker started screaming about something, and then made a very nice statue for the dining room, about some fortress other than ours being founded.

A bronze colossus was spotted on the horizon.

Two ithillid squads rushed the thing and were flattened.

My fellow dwarves and the orcs arrived, and I was reminded of last year's mad orcs, so I opened the room where the mad merchants were, and a perfectly sane orc windsword walked out, and headed for home.

The merchants managed to get in as the colossus stomped another squad of ithillids into the ground.

I had an idea.

I set a trap.

The great bronze man wandered about, when our best bowyer decided to take a stroll when he found the trap shaft, not knowing what it was, and led the thing away from where it was meant to be.

But he died.

And the great bronze man wandered into the tunnel...

"HA! FOOLS!" he boomed, dashing down the tunnel.

He leapt over a ramp, landed on another ramp, and killed an unskilled engraver with no friends.

The trap was sprung.

hatches slammed shut, and walls were built, and the bronze statue was trapped.

Then bolts rained on him through holes in the wall, fortifications, as the marksdwarves trained.

Then they ran out of ammo, and left.

During all of this, some kid grabbed a mule's skeleton and made another damn figurine.

About werewolves.

Being killed by dwarves.

He's okay.

But my time ruling here will soon end.

Be careful in the lever room.

Oh, hell. Another siege.

Save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3577
« Last Edit: December 18, 2010, 02:20:29 pm by !!crundle!! »

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2011, 06:30:16 pm »

Bump. Hoping for more rulers.

DwarfyDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Of course it's not safe! What are you, an ELF?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2011, 11:31:21 pm »

:o not sure if !!crundle!!'s done...
Small elves in your beard. The STD of the Dwarven world.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2011, 08:17:41 am »

He/she is.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5