Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Keeperlanced - Genesis Succesion  (Read 3586 times)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Keeperlanced - Genesis Succesion
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 09:02:14 am »

Kipi's turn now.

EDIT : New rule, instead of doing a year, you do as much as you can in 3 days. This should help stop turnskipping and pace things up a bit.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 09:03:45 am by JacenHanLovesLegos »
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2010, 02:15:43 pm »

Post to announce I have noticed my turn...

Just to clarify, when my turn ends? After 72 hours from this moment?

Edit: Noticed the PM, so my turn ends when it's 5th of December, 00:00 a.m. forum time? Or is it 11:59 p.m.? Just to clarify when I should be ending my turn...

I think I have to turn up my second computer to play this and /v/ -succession at the same time. This is going to be interesting...  :P
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 02:20:59 pm by Kipi »
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2010, 02:33:22 pm »

Well, just generally around december 5th. It could be the late 4th, or 7:00 a.m the 5th. As long as it finishes december 5th.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.

DwarfyDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Of course it's not safe! What are you, an ELF?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2010, 06:19:38 pm »

Sign me up.
Never been in one of these before, but it looks fun.  :D
Small elves in your beard. The STD of the Dwarven world.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2010, 10:15:04 pm »

How you doing? Also, sorry to drag you away from Armordeath.

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 10:41:28 pm »

No problems with Armordeath, it was just bad luck that all three succession forts happened to have my turn at the same time.

If it's okay I'll post my save and logs in about 20 hours from this point? I just came home from long work shift (16 hours) and I just don't have the energy to play the fort before sleeping a bit.

For the record, I have played few months, most of the time went to learning the Genesis mod. I have upgraded the entrance so that we have primary and secondary one, secondary can be used in case of siege/ambush. All the workshops are inside and few new storage rooms has been built. I also breached the first cavern. But more of this all when I post my log. I was planning to play at least to the end of the year I begun, as it was around middle summer in the save MrNuke posted. It just depends when I wake up. Probably I can manage more, the FPS wasn't that bad (around 120 for me).

You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2010, 10:56:53 am »

Have to go to work now, so I didn't manage to complete the year Mr.Nuke left to me. It's 3rd of Opal in the save, so the year is quite finished. Pictures will be posted when I come back from work.
________________________________________________________________________________________
16th of Felsite

My name is Kipi Coppertempest, and I'm new ruler of this fortress. Well, not officially, as the old expedition leader and manager stayed at their positions, but I'm the one who calls the shots from now on.

I can see the reason why Nuke wanted to leave this job. The state of the fortress is bad, we are running out of food and alcohol. Everything is more or less in chaos, nothing is orgtanized. And here I am, lowly furnace operator with no knowledge of how to run fortress properly.

17th of Felsite

I'm still learning the running of fortress. First thing we need to do is get some alcohol and food. Luckily elves arived to trading depot today. Sadly, we have nothing to trade. Well, that won't prevent us to get what we need. I think I order the trader fellow to just claim everything we need from the caravan and throw the elves out. Hopefully they don't get too angry for us...

We still have to solve the lack of trading supplies. We have crafting workshop, but apparently nobody has been assigned to work there. Well, I found this lass, Crafttree, who has nothing better to do. She will take care of the crafts from now on.

19th Felsite

I saw a kobold today! It tried to sneak inside the fortress. Luckily I was able to scare it away, though it probably returns later. This reminds me, I think we need some kind of military here. But I don't know anything about forming one, so what should I do? Perhaps I should consult the retired rulers?

21st of Felsite

The child Inkedoils claimed our crafts workshop today. Not sure what she is up to, but it must be something good or I will get angry. After all, she is slowing the craft production!

25th of Felsite

Inkedoil came from the workshop today. She had produced nice chessboard from sandstone. I think we can forgive her to halt the porudction of rock crafts because of making that artifact.

7th of Hematite

Miners have finished the control room where all the levers will be placed. It's just outside the hallway connecting to the dining room.

3rd of Malachite

The expansion of storage area is complete. The hallway is wider and we have rooms to storage furniture, two rooms for that, leather and cloth. We also expanded the wood storage, as we seized a lot of logs from the two elven caravans.
Also, the industrial sector has been expanded, now every workshop is inside in safety. The hallway was also made wider by removing the walls in the middle.

4th of Malachite

The miners breached to cavern today. There is huge underground lake just beneath our fortress and some apparently muddy soil east and south. We saw lots of trees down there, so if we manage to make entrance to the cavern safely, then we can get all the wood we need from there and no need to go outside again. We also saw few veins of lead down there, further inspection is needed to determine how rich in terms of minerals the cavern really is.

8th of Malachite

We have now second entrance, both the first and second is connected to the fortress by bridge. Now we can decide which one to use, and in case of sieges or ambush we can divert the route to the second entrance, which has small tunnel running next to the entrance with fortifications and channel separating. This will allow marksdwarves to shoot everything that tries to enter the fortress without the fear of melee fight. I also assigned the hunting bulldog to be chained at the entrance so it can alert us if anything tries to sneak inside through either entrance. Safety is the alpha and omega in my opinion, and that's the doctrine we are going to follow here as long as I'm in charge.

28th of Malachite

Another group of migrants arrived today. Nine more dwarves to feed, which takes the population up to forty-nine dwarves. Even though the food and alcohol situation is not critical right now, we jsut simply don't have enough to support high population. I hope we can make the situation better before more dwarves arrives.

As the population is growing, the fortress is getting too small for everybody to live here. So, I ordered some copper equipment to be made for military so that we can colonize the cavern we breached earlier. No creatures has been seen down there, but we can not be too carefull when we connect our fortress to it.

15th of Galena

The hospital is ready, with enough beds and coffers. I hope we don't need it too soon, but if we are going to conquer the cavern we have to take that risk...

I just got a word that goblin thief was captured in the cage trap. Now, what should we do with it?

17th of Galena

Second goblin thief was captured. Are they trying out our defenses? Well, luckily neither one got inside and we have preparations for military going on.

20th of Galena

Another elven caravan arrived today. Perhaps this time we can do some civil tradin instead of just seizing everything we want. After all we are in no position to piss out anybody, as we need all the help we can get, even if the help comes from elves...

21st of Galena

The trading has been completed. We traded all our useless crafts to wood and alcohol. Now the situation doesn't look so bad.

27th of Galena

I just got a word that one of our miners has completed some kind of secret project. The result was cabinet made from galena and it has some rope reed decorations. I don't know the specifics that well, but I heard that it's quite valuable furniture.

1st of Limestone

Apparently there was second cavern just bellow the first one. That's what I was able to gather from the news miners brought us, as they breached open area while mining stairs deeper. The second cavern also has big lake and muddy shores. I think it would be quit good idea to move our fortress down to the first and second caverns, that is if we can make them secure enough.

9th of Limestone

Third cavern has been found, again just bellow the second one. This time we didn't see any water, but there is huge clear area of muddy soil, which would be ideal for farming. Sadly there has been sights of some kind of creature down there, didn't see it myself. So, we need to get the military ready before we can colonize that cavern.

Speaking of military, the production of equipment has halted due the lack of coal. And here I though that we were producing that from peat? Well, apparently the we used more than we produced, so we ran out of coal. And we can not produce more without having any. So, it seems that our only option is to burn some wood, then restart the coal production, and this time make sure that we produce more than we use...

16th of Limestone

A creature known as ettin has been seen near the border of our fortress. I hope it doesn't try to enter our fortress, we have no military to deal with it.

Good news is that the miners discovered magma just beneath the third cavern. Perfect! Looks like we don't have to worry about fuel anymore as we can have magma forges and furnaces! Also, it was not only magma that miners discovered, but they have determined a location of adamantine vein! Adamantine! Our worries should be over. After we can secure the caverns we can begun producing adamantine weapons and armors, making our forces nearly invisible!

18th of Limestone

The ettin attacked us! The traps were not enough to stop it, it just went past them as if those even weren't there. It attacked the guardian dog and killed it without any effort. Then it rushed towards the elves, attacking the merchants. By that time I was able to form temporary squad from miners and I sent them to deal with the ettin. With combined effort of our miners and the elven soldier the ettin was killed, though sadly the elf did the killing blow. Nevertheless, I'm happy that the ettin is dead and nobody died besides the dog. The elven merchants took some damage, but that's not our concern.

2nd of Sandstone

One magma forge and furnace are ready to use, and from now on we don't have to worry about fuel. This also means that the production of copper equipment can resume.

12th of Sandstone

The adamantine vein seems to be very big and rich. We have already mined the first layer, and the size of the vein is just astonishing! Even though the miners were eager to dig deeper I refused them to do so, as we can not know what waits down there. We must procede with care and only mine as much as we need, no more, no less.

14th of Sandstone

It seems that the news of discovery of adamantine has reached the mountainhome, as eleven dwarves arrived to our fortress today.Two of them are more or less skilled in extracting strands from adamantine ore, so I ordered those two to solely concentrating in that. Two workshops are going to be built near the vein for that purpose.

15th of Timber

We have experienced some heavy goblin activity lately. At times there is a thief trying to sneak inside, usually prevented by traps at the entrance. Today, however, one such thief was able to get past the traps and wounded one of our woodcutters in left arm. The goblin fled after it heard the sounds of miners approaching, and thus it was neither killed nor trapped. The woodcutter was ordered to visit the hospital for diagnosis and proper treatment.

18th of Timber

Caravan from mountainhome arrived today, accompanied by the liason. We traded some crafts for wood and alcohol, which we never have enough. I ordered that the liason should be met by expedition leader after trading is done.

26th of Timber

The liason left today. Our achievements has made some heavy impress abk in mountainhome, especially the discovery of adamantine. We should expect more migrants sooner or later. Oh joy, more bellies to feed!

1st of Moonstone

The winter has arrived, and that means I have three months left to rule this fortress. I think I have managed to place my name in the history of Keeperlanced by discovering three caverns, magma and adamantine. But that's not saying I should leave my achievements there, after all I still have three months to go.

3rd of Opal

For personal reasons I must leave the position of leader. I wish luck to who ever takes the task after me, as we are living interesting times. When I look back the time I have been ruling this fortress I must say I'm pretty happy on what I have managed to do. We do not suffer lack of alcohol anymore, three caverns has been breached as well as magma and adamantine. The entrance is upgraded to allow better handling of sieges and the preparations for getting our first true military is nearly completed. Keeperlanced has become nice fortress, even though it's still a bit small for sixty dwarves.

And the save.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2010, 11:20:42 am »

We have a full copper armed spearmen. Did you not notice that? He's been training. I also put a patrol route, but I'm not really sure if it works.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2010, 09:20:43 pm »

I've downloaded the save, and will start playing soon.

Edit: WHY are there no notes on the levers?! Jesus, guys, that's (partially) what killed Boadmurdered!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 09:25:46 pm by Argonnek »

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2010, 09:27:47 pm »

Not my fault. (Didn't build any levers me thinks, and I left notes around anyway)

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2010, 12:43:20 am »

Journal of Argonnek the great (milker), 3rd Opal, 252.
I have been given complete, dictatorial control over this fortress after I drew the short straw during yesterday's
election. As such, I shall institute my one-year plan to bring this fortress to greatness.
To be truely great, we must first dump all of this useless stone that's lying around everywhere! I have left
orders to do just that.

6th of Opal, 252.
Thob Isakalath his given birth today, to boy named Kadol. Thank you Thob, thank you for stressing our resources
even further by adding another mouth to feed.

13th of Opal, 252.
In my infinite wisdom, I have decreed that no dwarf shall drown. I've set up an extra pool for this purpose, and
have given orders for all to practice until they achieve competence.

1st of Obsidian, 252.
I have begun the digging out of the new residential district. It shall house a total of 111 souls, and follows an
easy to repeat pattern for future rulers to take advantage of.

7th of Obsidian, 252.
Once more, a couple has seen fit to further stress our food supplies. An animal dissector, Rigoth Kolstakud, has
had a child.

10th of Obsidian, 252.
After some routine inspection, I discovered that those dwarves fortunate enough to have rooms have piles of clothes
in them. To correct this unseemly mess, I have ordered the construction of many cabinets that will be placed in
every room of the residential area.

14th of Obsidian, 252.
Some large, hairy humans have arrived to trade with us claiming to be the "Nords." I let them in and bought all of
the food they had for some crafts. I also reinforced our wood stocks with what they brought, which was a
surprisingly large amount.

24th of Obsidian, 252.
A kobold thief was discovered by the lye maker Olin Roderinod today, carrying a bronze knife which it used to
cripple poor Olin. He has a wound to his foot and right lower leg, both of which will need immediate aid. This aid
would be more expedient, but for the fact that Olin won't stop moving around long enough to be carried to the
hospital.

1st of Granite, 253.
Spring has arrived, and with it a new year. I am unsure why I was elected before the year ended, but I am glad to
have a chance to build this fortress up to my standards in the mean time.

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Always the trader...trading you some BLUE STUPH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2010, 04:04:58 am »

It seems that the way this fort is going to end is through starvation.
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2010, 08:09:15 am »

THink of the babies this way : Babies take the place of migrant waves (I think), so you got 3 babies for a migrant waves 15 dwarves.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2010, 08:36:30 pm »

I normally wait until the end of a season to post an update, but recent events are exciting!

Journal of Argonnek the Great (milker), 19th of Granite, 253.
Adil Idoshur, one of our farmers, has said that she has grown attached to her copper crossbow. With it she has killed a skunk and a rabbit. I do not know why she had to announce this to the entire fort, but I have heard great tales of dwarves doing better with the things they are familiar with, even turning some otherwise poor weapons into instruments of death.

7th of Slate, 253.
Lobram Avuzthum, a metal crafter, has been taken by one of the fey! It is likely that he will create something great that will be recorded in history for years to come!

10th of Slate, 253.
ARMOK DAMN IT! WHY ARE THERE MIGRANTS!? WHY!? AARRGH! We don't have the food to support you! We don't yet have the facilities to house you! Why are you here!? AGH!

After the final tally, we now have 21 more dwarves to feed. I feel that it is their fault if they starve. I drafted a few and plan to send them exploring the deeper part of the caverns. If a few of them die, well, that's their business. We will not waste resorses or useful dwarves to save them from their fate, and will instead put up a few memorial slabs for them.

25th of Slate, 253.
Another bundle of "joy" was born today. I'm starting to think I should place a comception ban on the fortress. It's bad enough that we got migrants, now we have to deal with more babies! Bah!

10th of Felsite, 253.
Lobram, the fey dwarf has begun his construction! I have made a list of the materials he used:

Adamantine and Marble! This could be bad, now that I think about it. We have achieved 83 in population, and may attract sieges with this newest piece.

12th of Felsite,253.
A SIEGE! WAR IS UPON US! I spoke too soon! Close the gates! Close the gates!

14th of Felsite, 253.
Lobram has finished his construction! It is a flask of truly unimaginable value. We stand in awe at Lobram's legendary crafting ability.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 08:44:41 pm by Argonnek »

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2010, 09:09:33 pm »

Speaking of wafers, how do you make them? I've made 2 adamintine strands but how do I make wafers? I want to arm my military in adamintine!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5