Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10

Author Topic: Loincloth challenge, 2010 edition  (Read 17485 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Loincloth challenge, 2010 edition
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2010, 07:52:40 am »

I am disappointed, no one is lowing the patience of their characters...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2010, 01:02:14 pm »

Mine has low patience.  :)

Killed a mountain Titan; it was a giant silverfish that spits some kind of deadly extract.  In case anyone was wondering, shields can most definitely block creature extract spittle, otherwise this character would probably be dead by now.  Her pikeman friend lost a hand in that conflict.

On the way back home from that adventure, I discovered that the gods do indeed favor me:  we were ambushed by a bandit chieftainess who wielded a deadly crossbow.  I got shot in the leg, then hid from her line of site behind a tree, where I fought with and killed several bandit soldiers.  Finally I knew that it was time to rush the markswoman... I jump out from behind the tree and as I start to make a beeline towards her, I notice that she is struggling with something on the ground next to her: a groundhog had bitten her leg and latched on tightly.  Distracted as she was with this furry interloper, she had no chance to shoot at me before I charged her and tore her throat out with my iron scourge.  :)  Sadly, the wounded pikeman apparently suffered a bad head injury and was constantly passing in and out of consciousness.  When I left to travel south and report my adventures, this poor fellow got lost somewhere behind her, and I was not able to find him again.  :(

betamax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 25, 2010, 03:42:51 pm »

After a loooooong break from Dwarf Fortress, I thought I'd join this challenge to get back into the game.

Behold, Raz Shakespear!

Holding a spear in one hand and keeping the other free for grabbing and gouging with (unless it gets too dangerous, then I'll find a shield), I'm going to try and find leather sandals and loincloth, bronze helm and gauntlets, for a Roman gladiator look.

Urist McUristy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2010, 05:20:58 pm »

After a loooooong break from Dwarf Fortress, I thought I'd join this challenge to get back into the game.

Behold, Raz Shakespear!

Holding a spear in one hand and keeping the other free for grabbing and gouging with (unless it gets too dangerous, then I'll find a shield), I'm going to try and find leather sandals and loincloth, bronze helm and gauntlets, for a Roman gladiator look.
Yers happens ta be a demi-god, and we aint too friendly to your kind round here.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 26, 2010, 04:23:52 am »

Curses, my best one yet died after being attacked in the middle of the desert by an armadillo monster (random demon??) of all things.  She had killed dozens of bandits and minor monsters, a full fledged night creature, a troll, a giant, two titans, two desert scorpions and I don't know what else.  She had lots of gems and some cheap jewelry, but nothing really fancy.

Does anyone know what a demon might have been doing just wandering around in the desert like that?  I don't know that it was a historical critter (before it killed me I mean) since it did not harrangue me before attacking.  It just seemed to be out there wandering around for no particular reason.  I was playing vanilla.

Well, if nothing else, she was a legendary hero in dozens of places, and had some notable kills...

« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 04:30:24 am by Misterstone »

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2010, 04:39:10 pm »

Dam... That's a badass kills list. Seriously... Shame most of them aren't humans otherwise you would have won the "death dealer" award. Though I think you should change it to 'sentient creature' rather than just humans. So excluding kobolds (for being too small and dinosaur like) and elves (because they're pansies). Also, how many ears did you collect in this time?

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2010, 06:00:41 pm »

Sadly I didn't collect many ears, because I was wielding a whip for most of that time, and it was too much hassle.  Often the enemy would just died before I got a chance to clip an ear.  :)  So I focused on jewelry and killing nasties I guess...

I still wish I knew what a demon was doing just wandering around in the desert like that.  Do they do that sometimes?

SuicideJunkie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 28, 2010, 10:41:13 pm »

Journal of Pesor Ngosprithma, Barbarian Hero
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Day 1:
~~~~~
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Day 2:
~~~~~

Day 3:
~~~~~~

Day 4:
~~~~~~

Day 5:
~~~~~~

Day 6:
~~~~~~

Day 7:
~~~~~~

Pesor ScuffleMother the Primitive Cactus of Fountains
~~~~~
b. 215 d. 250
Twenty-nine notable kills (25 humans), plus a horse.
Respected by 143 organizations, greatly respected by four more.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2010, 12:16:11 am »

Oi, have a decent barbarian swordswoman who slew a hydra, wearing no armor but a loincloth, helm, gauntlets and boots. She had two soldier bros with her, although they were incapacitated early on, so it was practically a solo kill.  Although one of them lost his hand early on, they both survived!  I decided to retire since it's the only way to make sure this guy doesn't get killed, but I will def. be coming back to hunt more monsters!  For anyone's reference: stabbing the hydra in the body (many many times) is probably the best way to take care of it.

Amongst the loot I found  a large blue diamond and a couple of nice opals, but nothing spectacular.  :p

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 29, 2010, 12:40:38 am »

I still wish I knew what a demon was doing just wandering around in the desert like that.  Do they do that sometimes?
Looking around for adventurers to kill.

Also I ponder at why people aren't sacrificing their adventurer's dignity...

Who really cares if lowly peasants see your junk/snatch+chest while you murder them for little to no reason...

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 29, 2010, 01:04:11 am »

Damn straight, in fact I had one female adventurer start out in a desert area with no equipment but a loincloth, shoes and a turban.  The game is pretty cool how it calculates details such as climate-appropriate clothing.

Sad to say the hydra-slayer died after being ambushed by goblin bandits in the mountain.  Their leader was an elite crossbow user with masterpiece ammo.  :p

xeivous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 29, 2010, 02:05:51 am »

I've just thought back on how detailed this game...

I almost shuddered but then remembered this is DF, where a single kill is murder and genocide is dwarven industry.

Gonna get started on my game in the morn, after a few games getting used to adventure mode...

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 29, 2010, 08:03:32 am »

how do you bite? the option to attack with my teeth doesn't come up.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 29, 2010, 12:35:01 pm »

You use shift-A to make an aimed attack, chose a bodypart, then you can chose bite attack in the menu after that one.  If you can't chose bite for some reason, then either your teeth are gone, or you're playing a mod that has messed up the raw files for your race.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 29, 2010, 02:28:27 pm »

how do you bite? the option to attack with my teeth doesn't come up.

use * and /
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10