Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Loincloth challenge, 2010 edition  (Read 17482 times)

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
Re: Loincloth challenge, 2010 edition
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2010, 08:05:49 pm »

:( It massively annoys me that shy guys are the only unplayable race. They're my favorites! :(
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2010, 03:36:45 am »

:( It massively annoys me that shy guys are the only unplayable race. They're my favorites! :(
http://www.mushroomgo.thecomicseries.com/comics/10/

Its in interesting take on the Mushroom Kingdom world but the last panel is all I am linking it for...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2010, 07:30:18 am »

Typical, really.

There goes the half naked Skullcrusher III. In the end he possessed 5 ears and polar bear tooth amulet. It was not even a quest, it was random ambush while traveling to local government center for more quests...
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2010, 09:38:38 am »

swimming is a good investment...

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2010, 05:23:34 pm »

Yeah. I need to get swimming on my one. I'm becoming quite fond of him after a second bandit camp raid being a huge success.

So now after my first raid the people need me for a new bigger danger: Mirding Gerbilsanctum (lol name) the human bowman.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So off I trot stopping at a hamlet overnight before hitting up the camp itself... Literally for the inhabitants...

After some of his lackeys have been de-eared and be-headed I meet the bowman himself!

Yeah, Like that's going to happen...

With that finished I go about seeing the loot they have here (this was one bag of 4)...

... I loot heartily away and now have an awesome inventory. I have too many coins...

Accomplishments so far:
>9 ears (and a head) :)
>9 Human kills :)
>No jewellery  :-\

So... what should I do next?

Alizarin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2010, 07:40:05 pm »

I was just wondering something.. Are we allowed to take both ears from one person? Or just one ear per person?
The Bull headbutt's the Minotaur in the buttocks, bruising the muscle and shattering the lower spine's bone and tearing the nervous tissue through the cow leather trousers!
The Minotaur slams into an obstacle!
http://cdn-www.i-am-bored.com/media/japanbullart.jpg

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2010, 08:40:42 pm »

Two ears wont do anything for your ear count....will just mean you have back ups in case you lose one =P

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 22, 2010, 07:33:18 am »

I take the right ear from men, and the left ear from women. Children of both genders relinquish a nose.
*Hugs*

Igfig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 23, 2010, 12:53:15 am »

Here comes a new challenger!

I should mention that I've modded things a bit to allow me to craft stuff out of my kills.  I imagine that this goes against the spirit of the jewelry challenge, so I won't be competing in that.

Kolbur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 23, 2010, 08:07:43 am »

I present you:

Ejel Stormseer, the Deteriorated Fingers of Cover!

He collected 24 ears from 14 humans and some goblins. They were no match for him. Defeating the fearsome bogeymen also was no problem for the thinly clothed barbarian. The lonely warrior even hacked a vile man consort in half with a single and only strike of his trusty bronze great axe! Unfortunately his self-confidence was boosted too far from those easy successes and so he tried to match his skills with an evil night woman. She showed him his limits and struck him down.
Seriously at that point I was just rolling over everyone but the night woman bitch was untouchable for me. I couldn't land a single hit while she beat and gored the crap out of me.  :o

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2010, 11:33:55 am »

Awesome, I love how people who play this game are happy to send their kickass character to his doom even when it is doing some well.

Vinnie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2010, 02:50:59 pm »

I found that even with an awesome character it is too easy to have a foot or hand mangled,

Mangled? My guy lost his left hand in the first fight he got in... He only killed the guy by throwing his steel shield as the fellah ran - it smashed open the brain. He took home three ears that day.

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2010, 03:54:23 pm »

Mr. Bloodstab was unceremoniously killed, so in his footsteps follows Priscilla Deathrain.

Let's rock.

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2010, 05:02:59 pm »

How do you guys roll up a random char like that, is it a mod or what?  Otherwise, how did you start with knife skill?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2010, 06:41:50 pm »

So, Tried an outside, kinda hard to do anything without a Backpack due to the fact you can't carry anything, but I got a kill on a Legendary Lion, who had forced me to crawl for the rest of my life, yellow wounds to the legs. After that, the villagers sent me to kill a nightmonster who had this very nice little cave all mined out with a door as well. Amazingly they had no spouse or kid so I was able to live after taking out its legs and forcing it down to my level. Sleeping there for a bit to see if I would heal (which I didn't) I went back to the village, they sent me on a Bandit hunting quest, I get to the camp, and the bandits pay me no mind as I go about collecting their armour, dropping my dagger to grab the armour to put on, rinse and repeat...

Then for some odd reason the damn target DASHES like made to the otherside of the world by the feels of it, cause I could never find him, none the less I killed the swordy and archer that remained, still on the ground and flashing wounded. After that I headed back to the village for another Bandit quest and died to a pileon of bandits and bolts cause my aids wouldn't come help fight...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10