Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Loincloth challenge, 2010 edition  (Read 17497 times)

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Loincloth challenge, 2010 edition
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2010, 12:14:01 am »

I have some guys that can walk through a mob of poorly trained bandits, but then they'll take on a simple night creature spouse and get stabbed in the spine by a fork, then ripped to pieces.  This is Fun!

My best one was a lasher, unfortunately (whips kind of suck I think), and she did very well until facing up against the wrong nasty and meeting the fate described above.  Had a hammer man who used a huge maul to take out a group of 8 bandits solo, only to be dismembered by the groom of the Skinny Freak or whatever.  I hope some day I can get up to the major monster slaying level, but it's still fun just trying.

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sylverone.deviantart.com
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2010, 12:36:05 am »

I think I'll try this.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2010, 12:42:11 am »

I have some guys that can walk through a mob of poorly trained bandits, but then they'll take on a simple night creature spouse and get stabbed in the spine by a fork, then ripped to pieces.  This is Fun!

My best one was a lasher, unfortunately (whips kind of suck I think), and she did very well until facing up against the wrong nasty and meeting the fate described above.  Had a hammer man who used a huge maul to take out a group of 8 bandits solo, only to be dismembered by the groom of the Skinny Freak or whatever.  I hope some day I can get up to the major monster slaying level, but it's still fun just trying.

I recommend training up wrestling, for the related attribute benefits. Also, stealth and dodging. My adventurer slices pretty much all night creatures it meets through the bite-shake wrestling chain. Bogeymen, on the other hand... ugh! Scratched to death.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Misterstone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2010, 01:06:18 am »

Well, that lasher had in fact trained wrestling up pretty well.  She was owning most of the night creature spouses, but finally there was one that was either tougher than the rest, or just plain lucky...

Zidane

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist Mc Fracture has been struck down by Horse!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2010, 01:30:29 am »

I made an Elven character, Kilroy Sweetbronze! He set out on his glorious adventrue by trying to wrestle a deer to death, and recieved a blow to the hand, and then several kicks to the head.

This ended Kilroy sweetbronze, the elf with no kills.
Give cats natural metallic armor and throw them in your danger room.  Also allow their mouth and tail to grasp (shield in mouth, weapon in tail xD)  Have a cat based military.  You know, do the same with all tame animals xD send in the cats as shock troops to disrupt the archers

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2010, 06:43:06 am »

Skullcrusher II. met an unfortunate end when he was sent to kill night freak husband and was ganged by night freak, night freak child and night freak husband.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2010, 07:05:05 am »

Ha! My guy, Omgok Boyorgans, killed several groups of monster, monster child and monster spouse.
He was awesome! . . .Until he got eaten by a dragon, charging at it half(three quarters?) naked. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2010, 08:50:53 am »

Okay, I claim the ear taker title. To add more flavour, all ears are bitten off by my own teeth.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2010, 10:56:22 am »

(this is Genesis mod)

I, He-man, set out on my adventure at a peacfull village. I asked the people there if there was anything I could do to help them and they said
"there is a creature of the night killing are people, please, help us."

I left immediatley and found the cave very close by, I went in and found not just 1 night creature, not 2, NOT 3, but 4! I charged to the first and did a swipe to his leg, chopping it off. It went for a blow to my head but I parried the strike and chopped his head off causing blood to go flying in all directions. Next came the main course, the big bad night creature and his wife charged me, I blocked and countered the wife but Father knocked me to the floor. I rolled out of the just in time as a copper fork came flying to my throat and retaliated by cutting one of her horns off, I grabbed the horn and stabbed her throat with it killing her instantly. The man of the house charged again but I dodged and stabbed his throat as he went flying by. Now comes dessert, I found a child night creature and then, using my supreme wrestling skills, broke all of his bones and stuck his own horn into his chest.

When I returned I found great praise and, after gaining a companion, set out to kill yet another creature of the dark. I found him hiding in his hole. Me and my buddy charge him, and the night creature decided to, BITE OFF MY FREINDS LEFT TESTICLE!

TO BE CONTINUED!

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2010, 11:58:18 am »

I'm running Mixmod, and considered going with a Hyrulean or even a Toad, but decided on a human outsider to be more in the spirit of things. Expect some crazy stuff.

Time to go kill something.

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2010, 01:05:54 pm »

The night creature spat out the testi and I picked it up, and chucked it at the monster. the impact knocked the skull through the brain!

on my way back I got ambushed and was slain by a salamander.

FUN!

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2010, 01:17:39 pm »

Toad! Is there a mario mod! SHOW ME WERE IT IS!

Thatdude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2010, 01:57:35 pm »

Cool. I am so in on this with my Ghost Battlewraith. The (almost) naked wrestler.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So my first noble quest is to erase some bandits from the world. Particularly Goblin bandits!

I travel there and after a super cagey I mean daring fight I defeat his minions and move on to Suwu himself... and promptly steal his halberd and behead him with it.

So I continue on! With 4 ears (from 3 people) and a head!

To future adventures!

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2010, 03:01:29 pm »

OH, I forgot to mention my Dude bit off lots of wolf testicles

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist