Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Rift: Planes of Telara  (Read 28295 times)

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rift: Planes of Telara
« Reply #195 on: March 07, 2011, 02:04:21 am »

Hahahah, Alpha Test Shard is ALREADY up. This is for the next major content update which I THINK is meant to be early April.

Trion are crazy people and they're also geniuses for knowing they'll be getting a lot of extra months if they release content updates for the next three months.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 07, 2011, 03:27:33 pm »

It's a mmo. In my opinion, the way they are paid, they should release content every month to say the least.

postal83

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 08, 2011, 01:59:08 pm »

I finally caved in and bought this.  Pretty good for an MMO.  Never really been a fan of the WoW type MMOs, but this is actually pretty fun.  For how long, I don't know, but it's something entertaining to fill the void for the time being..

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 08, 2011, 02:31:30 pm »

exactly, it is a great filler. After the madness of leveling is over, I plan on logging once or twice a week. We are in a raiding guild, but I am doing secondary raids, which is a one day a week or less thing and that will suit me just fine. Still well worth 10 bucks a month.

The main raiding group is a 4 day a week 4-6 hour commitment, and that sounds too much like work for me
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 02:34:12 pm by jnecros »
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 08, 2011, 08:06:28 pm »

Just a head's up to anyone that  hasn't yet heard....... there is a phishing scam going around. It supposedly asks you to log into a website and change your password. Obviously don't click links in emails.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 08, 2011, 11:49:54 pm »

Generally good practice for MMOs/anything that makes you enter a password is to go the game's website (WITHOUT clicking any links in emails you get) and log in there, rather than trusting emails. I kind of wonder if Rift's planning on authenticators like Blizzard/WoW does... I'm not sure it has the population to warrant it, but it's always nice to have the option.

In other news, blowing things up as a Saboteur is fun. *throw,throw,throw,throw,throw, BOOM, dead*
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 09, 2011, 03:36:48 am »

Damn it, Bluerobin, you have me on your Steam ignore and I don't even know what server you're on. :|

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 09, 2011, 09:15:13 am »

Oh dear, you know what Rift has done to me. I haven't posted on Bay12forums for a long time...

Chasing the first 2 50s of our guild and playing leapfrog with another on keeping ahead of one another at third on the list. Hit lvl 40 so far and am visiting Hammerkneel. Also was the one on the Sunrest Server to grab the name Urist. Hope I didn't disappoint anyone...

If your a Dwarven player on Sunrest and are looking for a Guild to join, The Ironbeards are all Dwarven and are always welcoming more...

Also just a note to those that may not have noticed on PvP servers. There is a system where if you are attacked by a mob in open world you become tagged. At that time your lifebar becomes grey'd out, you may have noticed this if targeting another player from the opposite faction in open world or a mob thats being attacked by a player around you. In killing something with a grey'd out lifebar you gain no rewards for your work, with PvE side of things it can be nothing to be a matter, but when your fighting another player it kinda puts the feeling of, well that was a waste...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Old-Man-Gator

• Bay Watcher
  • Pickled Prawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 09, 2011, 01:32:42 pm »

Funnily enough I have made a dwarven guild on Faeblight.

The Mountain Homes and the sundering of the dwarf race fit in quite a bit, although to be honest I have been avoiding Lore from outside the game itself.

The guild is called Zanor Onol.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 09, 2011, 07:27:30 pm »

Damn it, Bluerobin, you have me on your Steam ignore and I don't even know what server you're on. :|

Huh? I don't think I'm ignoring anyone on Steam. I've mainly moved to Dayblind to play with IRL friends. I don't have any toons above 20 yet, though. Been taking it slower so I don't burn out.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 10, 2011, 08:26:43 am »

Up to level 26.  I've found a relatively cool build with a Warden build, DPS and healing combined as cleric.  But, from very limited experience, no staying power if I'm getting hit by hurty stuff with tons of life to smack, not that great a main healer, but I probably gotta change my macro/set-up.  Pretty damned good at group healing at least...  Also, mana is harder to restore...

Will need to try it out in warfront and hope I don't die to a sneeze.  Though, my Justicar build dies just as well when a few burst damage/DPS people focus fire on me... which could be often....

EDIT: Also, with both builds, rifting, I'm usually at the top or near the top....  but then... I've been screwing around so much with random things AND questing, I'm about 3-4 levels ahead of the local curve.

Somehow, exp is too easy in Rift, comparing it to previous MMOs I've played... not that I mind...
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 08:31:19 am by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 10, 2011, 10:24:30 am »

all of my characters have leveled somewhat painlessly, with the exception of this warrior tank I've been using. For some reason it seems that he is not getting the same amount of experience as the others. strange. starting to wonder if it's bugged.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 10, 2011, 11:50:41 am »

lvls 1-30, maybe even to 40 are pretty painless..the rest..not so much. Would be a pain to solo, mobs hit pretty hard and they are tightly packed and it will take some builds, some classes longer to clear an area than others.

Just to bitch a bit more here so others can either benifit from my experience or tell me to piss off:

I am at 45 now, but we took a few days off from playing our mains because of the ridiculous repetitiveness of the mobs, I mean change the colors for god sakes or the size anything, why should I be fighting lvl 47 mobs over and over again that are clones from the defiant starting area? Shimmersand is the worst (besides the city), but many late zones look like grabage, no atmosphere to speak of, you see the same cave over and over again in which there are human mobs standing around in for some reason, but no torches, no fires, no chairs nothing..I mean common devs. Ocean floor, even near to shore looks unfinished, add some damn non hostile fish, some sea plants something...

Also, all 40+ mobs are either melee (about 50% of these slow your movement), ranged, or spell casters, but they are very limited in scope in terms of builds, or so it seems to me. I have only seen one mob type that is necro, but all the other casters are either pyros or storm. Melee are either assassin or reavers, and ranged are marks. I have yet to see a healer mob, the clerics are nearly always inquist, but often use purifer damage shields, I have seen a few cabalists as well.

Also the quests themselves, as I said, are very weak. All said, late game leveling has got me thinking about getting off the 6 month sub before that kicks in.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 12:01:09 pm by jnecros »
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 13, 2011, 11:00:24 am »

Anyone have a great guild? I am helping a couple of guilds but feel it would be more rewarding to help each other and have a better chance to play together.

Also, I have seen healer mobs as part of invasion forces. I agree there are many finishing touches that they need to add to include varied mobs.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 14, 2011, 03:37:38 am »

I am in a pretty large raiding guild, but of course I am not on your server.

I have been 50 for several days and have been cracking expert instances, boy they are hard...took us several hours just to get through Iron Tomb

Other than that, the expert Rifts are interesting, and we tried and failed a few weekly world raid bosses and have done lots of counter invasions.

The nice thing is that higher level zones now have invasions, I guess it was a bug or something that stopped them from poping before.

Dailies are a pain in the ass, and they are spread out all over the damn place, just like WoW..so thats annoying

Planar goods are pretty lame in general, so unless you manage to get 2-4 purple plane tokens for the high level invasions, you'll not have much to spend on, though if your a crafter of course augments are nice.

PvP is a great way of getting good gear, so I would advise saving up your favor until lvl 45-50. You'll need a good 30-50k favor to snatch up everything, maybe more than that, so I hope you have good balance in your warfronts, I do not unfortunately, and our side loses about 80-90% of the time, so I am having a hard time getting favor :(

Still not sure the game is worth it in the long run, as time passes, we will have thousands of level 50's just camping rifts and dailies, that is going to be bad because it is aready tough to get anything done during prime time
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15