Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15

Author Topic: Rift: Planes of Telara  (Read 28304 times)

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rift: Planes of Telara
« Reply #150 on: February 28, 2011, 03:51:27 pm »

Thank you for all the information. I'll be keeping an eye on this and make sure my MMO-addicted wife takes a look at it. The idea of the Rift attacks seems fun to me, because I really enjoyed the public quests when Warhammer Online launched.

Hope you guys continue to have a good time in Rift!

The best way to describe the rifts is "Public Quests Done Right".

On gear progression: Gear does definitely progress (especially between levels) but the stat differences between pieces of gear don't seem all that massive. I started with a 2 DPS weapon and now I'm using a 9 DPS one at level 26. Skill (and the overpoweredness of your spec) seems to be a much larger factor than gear.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2011, 04:15:03 pm »

O, may the gods of the Pantheon damn the unfortunate time during which the server be down!
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2011, 05:58:37 pm »

Ok, finally got to make a rogue on Sunrest. My name's Malthyr. Farseer, you're Thulkas, right?
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2011, 06:15:26 pm »

Yep!

Photodump of all my Rift screenshots. Feel free to browse, gents. :D

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2011, 06:42:44 pm »

Oh dammit. I got on after a 10 minute wait earlier, logged out because I had to go do something, and came back to an hour and a half queue. This could get... tiresome.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2011, 07:17:42 pm »

Do what everyone else does: Don't log out.

Fanofgaming

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 28, 2011, 07:28:19 pm »

Not logging out is what all the pros do.
"I love quoting myself!" - Fanofgaming

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 28, 2011, 11:40:26 pm »

Yeah the other server I'm on has no queue so I just didn't think about it. Hopefully I'll remember now though.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 01, 2011, 02:44:16 am »

"DROUGHTLANDS
* A Hymn of Frost and Flame: Enkarus Scourge mobs spawned during this quest no longer give experience or loot."

I lolled at "A Hymn of Frost and Flame".

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 01, 2011, 11:29:24 am »

Smartest move I have ever seen in an mmo.........all current servers come online at 10amPST, but new(empty servers) come online at 9amPST. This way all the new players will not add to the que for established servers, reducing overall pain during launch. Very clever indeed.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 01, 2011, 11:54:04 am »

I know right, it is a smart move..yet, the Rift-addicts in the offical forums are still bitching that they should not have to wait an 'extra' hour to get on their server..

Oh yeah gents, tell me how has the world pvp been, any action yet?

oh and: ding! lvl 30 on my healer..warfronts are really god awful still....
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 12:17:45 pm by jnecros »
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 01, 2011, 11:57:36 am »

Tough luck, really good decision though. 

At the least, these new servers won't have the head start people....  ahead of them.  They win cause Trion did not expect so many customers.  >.>
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 01, 2011, 12:13:46 pm »

Oh yeah gents, tell me how has the world pvp been, any action yet?
So the way the zones are set up you don't actually meet anyone of the other faction until... sometime after level 20 I think. The newbie zone (until about level 6) is instanced and only for your faction. The first zone after you leave that is also faction specific, although you can technically get to the other faction's first zone if you really want to. I don't know anything about it after that first zone, but I think Farseer may have made it to the next zone or might just know more in general.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 01, 2011, 12:37:41 pm »

I've got my arse handed to me in World PvP a few times, yeah. :p

Scarlet Gorge is still pretty faction specific, but players from the other faction can easily get in etc.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 01, 2011, 03:32:45 pm »

i don't know if they tweaked anything but it seems like I am leveling faster today
Only a simple mind can be certain.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 15