Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Rift: Planes of Telara  (Read 28311 times)

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Rift: Planes of Telara
« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2011, 03:29:43 pm »

Right, I see how the mage can be built as an effective healer Blue..now where the hell is the threat reduction? Seriously that has to be annoying because in invasions and other pugs, I doubt many aoe tanks will be out there taking the heat off you.

I am pretty sure I am just gonna buy this damn game now..so whats the plan? Doesnt seem like enough of us to do a DF guild, or is there?

I am -5 GMT (East Coast USA time) and I am online at random times, I have to fit around grad school.. each term is a crap shoot on how hard it is, so some months I can be on more than others..

You all sticking to Sunrest (isn't that on Pacific Time?) or some other server? I dont give a lick about RP, I dont plan on reading the backstory for the game or anything..I just wanna raid, do 5 mans and pvp myself
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2011, 03:32:31 pm »

I've no idea where the servers are located or if all English speaking peoples are being lumped onto a single "English" server groupset.

We'll see on launch if these servers are even up.

I'm definitely going RP-PvP, though, don't know about anyone else.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2011, 03:43:01 pm »

You don't necessarily have to RP on an RP server.
I think we can build both guardian and defiant characters on the same server....  or maybe its a beta only thing.

Guardian, I'll be warrior-champ/pally dwarf.
Defiant, I'll be cleric/justicar human.

Also, doesn't really matter if a server is est or pacific... at least to me.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2011, 03:47:20 pm »

Right, I see how the mage can be built as an effective healer Blue..now where the hell is the threat reduction? Seriously that has to be annoying because in invasions and other pugs, I doubt many aoe tanks will be out there taking the heat off you.

Yeah the main reason I was trying to do that build was to see if there was any survivability/threat reduction I was missing because I seriously needed it. I didn't find all that much, though. I dunno, for some reason I don't see threat management mentioned that much with regards to chloromancer healing, so maybe I'm missing something.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2011, 03:47:48 pm »

Anyone have any information about how CC abilities work in PVP? I'm only level 6. I chose a strange Marksman/Bard/Ranger combo. I figure I'll be playing with a couple of buddies so I can take some of the buffing/utility responsiblities.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2011, 04:08:14 pm »

Apparently paladins are amazing for levelling later on.

Weird.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 17, 2011, 04:25:39 pm »

Apparently paladins are amazing for levelling later on.

Weird.
They have self healing skills.  Particularly 2 skills that make it so... block = damage opponent + take less damage + heal self

Probably good for solo.  And makes it easier on pug partying...

Edit: Oh, + counter skills that can heal you too...
« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 04:28:19 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 17, 2011, 04:40:29 pm »

Urgh, BT are being dicks and that's what's causing this IMMENSE LAG.

Seriously, 200k ping is silly as sin.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #98 on: February 17, 2011, 05:51:51 pm »

at one time, i LOVED WoW. That was along time ago, before expansions (nothing wrong with expansions, just provided for perspective). I played it so much, and I played many MMORPGS before it. At some point i got tired and bored. But i kinda miss it all, I think i miss the group environment.

I am thinking about playing, but i dunno. I am in the beta, and I have played some. It has been years since my WoW burnout but I still cant quite get into it. Why?

Someone please give me a good reason to join up for good. Money is not an issue.
I got nothing

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 17, 2011, 11:16:35 pm »

I dont know what to say man, I have not play enough to tell you anything compelling one way or the other yet. Best bet is to hold off and check out the reviews and to see what the bay12 community reports, but if your not feeling it already, then you may never find the game worthwhile
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 18, 2011, 03:26:40 am »

Someone please give me a good reason to join up for good. Money is not an issue.

The game's fun when you start doing Rifts with friends and major Rift events happen?

Also, this is the top healing spec. (Bard/Nightblade/Saboteur. You could probably replace Saboteur with Riftstalker instead if you wanted to.)

EDIT: To anyone considering rolling a cleric: Faith in Action doesn't stack. It's probably best to diversify with a healing soul or something. Something like this maybe.

EDIT2: Took pictures of all the pre-order pets in case anyone's wondering what they'll pick. (I do not recommend cockatrice because the noises it makes are horribly irritating.) Cockatrice Chick, Deep One Spawning, Hellhound Pup.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 04:38:02 am by Farseer »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 18, 2011, 07:59:39 am »

Faith in Action: I wondered about that. 

I also wondered if the +heal / +damage crits = 'spell crit' or just applied specifically to those categories and not the stat that effects Faith in Action.  I suppose easily remedied by logging on and checking.  >.>

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 18, 2011, 08:51:23 am »

I did not care for the warrior that much..pretty easy to take on several mobs, but I like more mobility..never really loved melee dps (besides blood build Death Knights in WoW, great soloers) in any mmo

I rolled up a saboteur/marksmen, and I am digging it. Got him to lvl 13 last night, pvp is interesting..just run around tagging shrapnel charges on people and detonating for full aoe effect..I often top the damage charts..so my guess is they will nerf saboteur in fairly short order
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 08:53:24 am by jnecros »
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 19, 2011, 06:20:53 am »

After lots of playing around, I think I am going to start as this cleric solo build, which is great for helping out in rifts and invasions as well: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00roG.Vu.E0V0xAkbk.Exk0I

I want to get this guy up so I can perform support crafting for any character that come after him, and I will have lots of time to get this bad boy up to his 30s or maybe higher in the next few weeks.

Ultimately, I want to have a rift stalker/saboteur as my main, something like this: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0MpTf.xhxhu0z0z.EqRcEdzkkRz However, I think it will be much eaiser to level this toon up if I had gear/potion support from higher level character.

So, what build you guys going for at launch?
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2011, 06:30:23 am »

Probably something like this. Should be tanky and capable of levelling efficiently.

It depends if they buff / nerf anything within the next few days or with a launch patch.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15