Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: Rift: Planes of Telara  (Read 28315 times)

MouzurX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rift: Planes of Telara
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2011, 06:58:37 am »

For the sake of my sanity, I'll just post my super-key here. It should have 23 more uses left as of this posting. If anyone uses it, and it doesn't work, let me know and I'll update this post.

RQFY-RLJJ-2XW3-MGQE-RWTT

Used this code, worked.
Downloading beta now gonna try it out.

MouzurX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 19, 2011, 01:47:01 pm »

Got to level 7 but i have to say ... its WoW with a different coat.
Its also very laggy but thats since im playing on my laptop, fps will prolly be better on my normal pc.

You really have to come up with more differentiation than just "random events" happening.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #107 on: February 19, 2011, 01:49:08 pm »

You really have to come up with more differentiation than just "random events" happening.
What exactly do you mean by this?

MouzurX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 19, 2011, 02:31:17 pm »

Well as far i can see the whole thing the game tries to do is generate random rifts happening where the players quickly have to get together and beat a load of mobs.

Did 1 so far but not very amazed by it. Perhaps i'm still missing something since i only went to lvl 7 yet but it looks just like WoW, just an other setting.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #109 on: February 19, 2011, 02:33:13 pm »

Well as far i can see the whole thing the game tries to do is generate random rifts happening where the players quickly have to get together and beat a load of mobs.

Did 1 so far but not very amazed by it. Perhaps i'm still missing something since i only went to lvl 7 yet but it looks just like WoW, just an other setting.
They aren't entirely random. Different events take place, such as elemental invasions and raids.

Yesterday I fought a fire rift where the denizens weren't trying to invade but instead set up a base of operations. Rather than killing everyone, you had to survive wave after wave while destroying the supplies which came through. We failed, not enough people had responded and it was a fairly high level rift for the zone. After that many more fire rifts spawned and a whole goddamn army marched on the city, it was nuts.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 19, 2011, 06:25:22 pm »

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2011, 06:14:10 pm »

Pre-launch, anyone?

EDIT: I'm on Sunrest RP-PvP. Feel free to join me in this five hour long queue. :p
« Last Edit: February 24, 2011, 06:18:20 pm by Farseer »

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2011, 12:06:43 am »

They've set up 6 or so extra servers to handle overflow..but I am afraid when I log off and get some sleep, it will not be easy to get back in the game on friday.

Soo many people playing this game right now, you can hardly even complete quests without camping on a single spawn square, even if your in a public group..it is insane..

My server has a 3.5 hour wait time currently

I am on Shatterbone as Goblin (Cleric), yes its a carebear server, but I didn't have much choice in the matter. Hope to roll an alt on Sunrest. Good times.

Seems like this one is living up to the hype..hope it can mantain it
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 12:08:14 am by jnecros »
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #113 on: February 25, 2011, 02:03:43 am »

Its true it is very similar to WoW, but so far what I have seen is that it does what WoW does, but better. Better graphics, better environments, etc. But also slightly better classes system. I just logged onto WoW for nostalgia and to see some old friends, and yea, Rift looks much nicer at this point. All it needs is an active player base and it will rock the socks off the MMORPG world, this could be the WoW killer.
I got nothing

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 25, 2011, 06:56:24 am »

This game is seriously epic. Every hour or so (not sure really what the timer on it is) there's a massive invasion from the rifts. Absolutely WIPED the zone's floor when it happened this morning. About thirty or so groups of elites marched on the major villages, smashed them up until one wardstone (the one I and a few other people were at) was left.

It was like an army converging on us.

Absolute slaughter.

Absolutely awesome.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2011, 11:10:34 am »

As an example of awesome, look at this pic:-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Every one of those purple swirly things is a Rift. These are public events that everyone joins in on and completes. They spawn the crossed swords, too.

Every one of the square things is a Foothold. This is where the Rift creatures have placed down (or conquered) footholds on wards etc. I'm not sure if they spawn the crossed swords, but I'm fairly certain they do.

Every one of the crossed swords is between 2 and 6 hard (sometimes elite, sometimes just difficult) mobs that run towards the nearest wardstone to capture it. These create footholds which spawn more of these.

This was the beginning of the "big" (there are smaller ones that come along more regularly and are easier to defeat) death invasion. By about halfway through the invasion, my map was literally covered in a sea of purple swords. People were holding off the sheer masses of undead converging on one of the objectives (the other was taken out fairly early on due to a lack of defence) whilst others did Rifts and killed super elites that were running around in order to power some giant cannon thing.

After a LONG time, we completed it. It was hard, it was fun and it actually kinda builds a sense of community and pride in your fellow players.

It was absolutely amazing, hectic and crazy. It's an example of what makes Rift the best themepark MMO to date, too.

If we'd've lost, I think we'd've had about thirty minutes of undead running rampant through the zone, slaughtering quest givers and basically fucking up playing for a bit. :p

You guys should join me.

EDIT: By the by, Rift does amazing dynamic landscape change. When the event started the zone went seriously dark, I could barely see beyond about 100 meters around me. I could still see the rifts tearing open in the sky in the distance, though. It was AMAZING. I wish I could've got more pictures. :(
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 08:49:16 pm by Farseer »

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 26, 2011, 11:21:52 am »

How much is subscription?
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 26, 2011, 11:25:04 am »

Hahaha yeah I think I was around for one of the medium-sized invasions during one of the beta events and it was pretty neat. I don't think there were enough people around to win it, but it was still pretty fun even though we lost. And you do still get some rewards from closing rifts/beating the expeditions the AI sends out even if you lose, which is nice. I'm discovering more and more people I know are talking about getting in on Rift, so it's likely I'll end up playing.

Subscription is $15 a month but it's cheaper (down to $13 and $10 a month I think) if you buy in 3 or 6 month chunks.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

Farseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 26, 2011, 11:49:21 am »

The Rift rewards are the best in the game, to be honest. The only trouble is lack of XP and that's because it was nerfed from people complaining the best way to level was constant Rifts. :p

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #119 on: February 26, 2011, 12:06:20 pm »

We just had a massive invasion from the plane of water. The sea level rose and waves crashed against the shore, then elementals and armies started marching across the world. It was epic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15