Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22

Author Topic: Intensifying Mod ver 0.23  (Read 65227 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.18
« Reply #225 on: December 19, 2011, 01:58:59 am »

+ Remove new, unwanted .25 features (all of them!!)
Do you mean you removed all features like honey etc added by .25?

Also that picture in the first post is awesome, where is it from?
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 19, 2011, 03:40:19 am »

+ Remove new, unwanted .25 features (all of them!!)
Do you mean you removed all features like honey etc added by .25?

Also that picture in the first post is awesome, where is it from?
Yes honey and tools and clay and yarn and grass. With the exception of grass, they are all redundant infinite resource of which glass take care of nicely. Grass/pasture is nice in concept but the implementation is horrible. It induce so much micromanagement, a tiresome chore. If it was me animals should be allowed to roam and hunt their food or have a stable where they can visit for food just like how dwarves hang around stockpiles.

As for the pic, it's from this guy. If you dont want to sign up for pixiv, click for awesomium:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 19, 2011, 09:39:53 am »

Proposal for agriculture changes. Any suggestions?

Please do keep in mind related IM settings:
 + Farmers dont increase in skills
 + Brewing destroy seeds
« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 09:44:16 am by rephikul »
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 19, 2011, 12:22:34 pm »

Just stopping by and saying that I realy like this mod, and the syndromes are lovely additions to the game.  :)
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 19, 2011, 12:44:02 pm »

Glad to see you're still at it. ^^^
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 19, 2011, 02:00:45 pm »

What adjustment was made to have enemies siege in full armor?
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 19, 2011, 08:11:24 pm »

What adjustment was made to have enemies siege in full armor?
A hint straight from my bug report: Creatures never spawn on these parts i.e. never greaves / metal high boots / gauntlets. They'd still cover them with clothings i.e. pants / socks / mittens but those are no good combat gears.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 20, 2011, 09:22:53 am »

Proposal for agriculture changes. Any suggestions?
 + Brewing destroy seeds
We'll probably need some reaction that yields seeds in order not to starve fort while waiting for dwarves to produce damned seeds.
Edit: oh, I see that there's processing and milling for all of them, probably that'll suffice.
P.s. Glad to see you back.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 09:36:33 am by Di »
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 20, 2011, 12:04:33 pm »

Proposal for job access change in spoiler because of long image. In case it's not clear, Green is your vanilla experience. Yellow mean the workers will be eternally dabbling for that job and there will never be immigrants for said job. Red means that civ doesnt have access to that job.
Note: there's a mistake for the elves. They have green rank in plant gathering, not plant processing.
Since the next version also have to patch up some look & feel issues of the previous version, I'd try and push it up tomorrow instead of waiting until Friday as I usual do. That means timely feedback on these changes are most welcome.
Edit: oh, I see that there's processing and milling for all of them, probably that'll suffice.
Drat, you might have ruined someone else's !!fun!! for spilling the beans...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 12:08:27 pm by rephikul »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.19
« Reply #234 on: December 21, 2011, 09:05:13 am »

Download at the depot

+ Adjusted plants. See here for details.
+ Adjusted civ access to jobs. See here for details.
+ Only human have access to some domestic pets such as dogs or cows. If you are lucky they'd bring some to trade.
+ Fixed ASCII support.
+ Fixed plant appearance in mayday and ironhand.
+ Fix sugarcane not correctly brewable.

O phew, still bug fix and balancing. Remember how I said I'd rebalance pets so they utilize pasture more efficient? Well I found out that pasturing involve too much micromanagement to my taste so screw that. Pets need no grass for now.

=== Plant adjustment ===
I've managed to properly play test 3 forts and all 3 of them got some serious problems with hungers or hunger-caused tantrums. Awesome. Thanks to the innate skill in herbalism, elves are even more fun to play now, cause it's very easy for them to gather food comparing to dwarves. I like racial diversion.

=== Job access adjustment ===
Speak of racial diversion, the new job access setting did the most work. Now different races face different challenges. Dwarves will struggle to survive hunger and noble demand while elves struggle to fend off invaders. O hey I just made my mod effectively two. I'm so awesome.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 11:21:04 am by rephikul »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 21, 2011, 11:06:14 am »

« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 01:01:57 pm by Di »
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 21, 2011, 11:19:47 am »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 21, 2011, 01:23:39 pm »

Well, that was intensive: by summer abaddon charged in, strangled 3 dwarves, and made others unhappy due to their inability to kill it. Then mayor went berserk and massacred everyone else. A usual fortress story told in 10 minutes.

Btw, crutches work now, so you can take out nerve healing.
And I don't get it, dwarves now have to pray for booze? (well it was implemented long ago but I still don't get it)
Also mining efficiency is now 25%, maybe at least hunchbacks should have higher innate skill. I thought you've already countered metal abundance with increased  amounts of bars needed.

edit: upon reclaim, berserk has ambushed one of abaddons and killed it, however new one has put an end to a fort by putting everyone to sleep and preventing brewing some drink.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 01:52:14 pm by Di »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 21, 2011, 08:51:15 pm »

Well, that was intensive: by summer abaddon charged in, strangled 3 dwarves, and made others unhappy due to their inability to kill it. Then mayor went berserk and massacred everyone else. A usual fortress story told in 10 minutes.
edit: upon reclaim, berserk has ambushed one of abaddons and killed it, however new one has put an end to a fort by putting everyone to sleep and preventing brewing some drink.
Wow you were so lucky. These guys have never done anything remotely !!FUN!! in my forts since 0.14 when one kicked my legendary miner to death and promptly destroyed every beds afterward. I see the new combat AI kicking in though, it cant be a coincident that it strangled three whole dwarves. That's very illogical and unreasonable. They are supposed to annoy, not kill. Time to work on that front.

Btw, crutches work now, so you can take out nerve healing.
nerve healing has never been working properly, I still have permanent bed resters... On a side note, I'm too used to the HP system and sincerely believe that given time, dwarves should be able to fully recover, even growing back loss limbs and such.

And I don't get it, dwarves now have to pray for booze? (well it was implemented long ago but I still don't get it)
Originally I wanted to implement something that dwarves need to import to survive. It's best to be something light, can be obtained in reasonable quantity and logically cannot be created at a small humble fortress (if you look at world gen, all cities have like 1k+ people). I thus decided to implement some yeasts which they must use to brew. Due to restrictions in modding they eventually turned out to be moldy stones as you see in game now.

The altar reactions have 2 design criterias: 1, gods are for pinch situations so they should be otherwise undesirable. 2, gods dont directly aid. That's why when you pray for booze, you get yeast instead. Granted, the naming of the reaction is a tad bit corny and chistian-themed so I might go back to its original name, "Miracle: Thirst". Btw if you have some ideas for these kind of reactions, I'd gladly hear them.

On a side note, moldy stones are not always used up in reactions, only about 20% of the time.

Also mining efficiency is now 25%, maybe at least hunchbacks should have higher innate skill. I thought you've already countered metal abundance with increased  amounts of bars needed.
I countered item value with rebalanced of bars usage. For example, trap components which were very expensive used only one bar so I scaled that up accordingly with their value. NOW I countered stone/metal item abundance. I have wanted to do this for a long long time but in DF 0.18 and down if I do that the mining option simply disappear :(
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 08:53:04 pm by rephikul »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 25, 2011, 12:22:33 pm »

Well, on my third attempt I've managed to keep for alive long enough for reinforcements to come, they had to put down most of the surviving starting seven due to tantrums and madness though. From this point, it becomes quite beatable, however, I confess, I had to nuke some gabbro men and ogres to save myself cleaning the cavern from crundle-drunian-dwarven corpse mix.

I hadn't had this much fun for a long time, good job.
However:
1. It'd be nice if you add reactions to mill/brew specific plant.
2. Since mining is now low efficient I'd suggest transforming metal veins into large clusters. It's really annoying to have to dig half a map in order to find some ore to make 10 breastplates. Real veins provide more than that.
3. Troll would be more appropriate name for Ogres, you know, like trollface. They attack civilians or lone soldiers and run away from your military, easily outrunning them(!).
4. 5 mandates for militia commander is too much. It's not like he has an army counting many thousands warriors. He simply leads a ragtag gang of useless for everything else morons. And these morons are needed much earlier (leader squad is not enough) than outpost could provide those demands. (especially considering that 'create chain leggins 3/3' mandate would consume half of the vein). Probably, less demanding noble could be replaced when fortress becomes big enough to require an army.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22