Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: Intensifying Mod ver 0.23  (Read 65258 times)

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.17c
« Reply #210 on: March 12, 2011, 12:40:32 am »

I've noticed your mod says it allows armor to use more than one bar in creation, how did you accomplish that?  I've tried in my own mod to do what it looks like you did.

Edit: Ah nevermind, it's 450 times the bars one wants not 150.  Nice job finding out that bug btw.
I didnt find out that bug, it has been on the bug tracker for a long long time.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 08, 2011, 02:40:36 pm »

So any chance we will see this mod for newer versions ?

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 09, 2011, 02:08:40 pm »

So any chance we will see this mod for newer versions ?

Agreed, this is the kind of mod I always wanted someone to do.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 09, 2011, 06:35:22 pm »

Please come back, rephikul, we love you and want your mod!  I hereby offer to help if you want any!
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 15, 2011, 09:13:26 am »

I should be getting back at working on this mod.

@Savo
If you wish to help, I need data for my cattles. What I need done is someone to go to the arena in vanilla, kill 3 of every tamable, non-trainable creatures in the arena without dismembering them, butcher them, count all the produces including bones and skulls, take average and report the numbers to me. I also need the time for the creatures to grow to mature and any size interval inbetween. I need data on creatures in creature_next_underground below blind cave bears and all creatures in creature_large_temperate and creature_standard. Basically, I will translate the produces obtained from these creatures against the time it take for them to be born and mature into the amount of space they need for grazing. It's like growing plants, but less space-efficient. Currently an above ground creature require 100 equivalent plant-space and below-ground creatures are 400 times. Shearing/milking rates are also derived on this consumtion rate. You may find below the data on creatures I have already done. Highlighted numbers belong to the blind cave bear using the first formula (756/4 = 189):
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 25, 2011, 01:40:59 pm »

Any update on your progress?

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 25, 2011, 03:54:08 pm »

I was helping our dear friend rephikul out a couple months back but haven't heard from him since May.  :(
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.

wierdoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 04, 2011, 06:59:56 pm »

Apologies for the necro-post, but are the equipment raws (armor, shoes, weapons, etc) compatible with v31.25, or have those particular raws changed since 31.17?

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 08, 2011, 10:13:58 am »

I think they are. That is, I don't think those particular things have changed... I wish rephikul would come back and update this mod, because it was my favourite.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 08, 2011, 07:42:35 pm »

I agree...one of the better mods...mayhap when the new update comes out?

OmnipotentGrue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 09, 2011, 01:58:00 am »

Man, I forgot about this mod after it stopped updating, now I really want to play it again.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 02, 2011, 08:05:19 am »

Thank to everyone for your continued interest, even after mine has died out. Just so you know when i graduated I have made a vow that when I reach the moment of my life, bask in glory and deliver a message to everyone in this world, one of the thing I'd say would be how I'm very, very sorry about all of the projects which I havent completed and to all the people who I have turned down due to that failure. But I think I'd say that now, I'm very sorry that I cannot bring myself to continue this project. It's always on the back of my head but somehow I just cant get around to continue it. The delivery of version 18 was in a very bad moment. At that time I tried to do many things: make a decent all-in-one package with DF initially included due to many requests; fix all the bugs; keep in pace with DF's rushed official releases; GET A JOB; FINISH MY STUDY. I succeed in 2 of the above.

And ho boy, suddenly DF has stopped pumping out releases and here I am, 6 months without an update. However, I have also stopped playing dwarf fortress due to lack of interest to the current setup of game mechanisms (too much raw diving is bad for your sanity) and there are many barriers to further mod/balance the game. Of all the new official features included since IM 0.17c I liked NONE of them. NONE of the contribute to the game and are just cheap, redundant fluffs. That mean everyone can use 0.17c raw for DF 0.31.25 and probably will not lose anything of notes. Should I ever revisit this project again before the next release, it'd be to clean up and set up a proper all-in-one package, allowing the mod to be enjoyed by more casual people without having to get the whole thing from multiple sources.

Again, I'm very sorry to everyone for not being able to continue with this project and I hope someday, something interesting will happen to change this circumstance.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.18
« Reply #222 on: December 16, 2011, 10:04:40 pm »

Download at the depot

+ Upgrade to .25
+ Remove new, unwanted .25 features (all of them!!)
+ Incorporate Fortress Defense mod
+ Remove soap workshop, incorporated soap making with kitchen
+ Added yeast (modly stones) requirement for booze cooking. Moldy stones can be prayed for, costing gold bars.
+ Fixed skill rate and civ access to jobs
+ Fixed kobold not showing up
+ Fixed fire elementals unable to swim in magma.
+ Fixed butterfly showing up as a cactus in ironhand graphics set

O whew, finally!! New version in MONTHS. This version is dedicated to Savolainen5, whose encouragement brought me back. This is mostly a .25 compatibility upgrade version so no new major features and no new official features has been corporated. I'd revise and do that in future versions after more extensive testing has been done.I have not done modding for along time so there'd possibly be a lot of bugs. Make sure you report them

=== Adjusted booze industry ===
At still: 1 barrel of 5 booze = 1 plant + 1 empty barrel + 1 bag of moldy stones
At the shrine: 1 bag of moldy stones = 1 gold bar + 1 empty bag
With the inclusion of the moldy stones, trading importance has been increased since they are very cheap in trade but cost alot praying for. Also since brewing no longer produce seed, dwarves will need a much bigger farm plot and better crop rationing to keep the industry running.

=== Nerfed Cooking & farming ===
Meals shouldnt have quality modifier now, and farming would also produce much less goods. This is to give the dwarves more incentive to venture out harvesting in the wild or strike more earth to trade.

=== Added fortress defense mod ===
Ya well, prepare for !!FUN!!. In previous version, I ask frag to create a specific version of DF for me so it's compatible with this mod. Unfortunately the amount of changes needed has jumped up in this release so I decided to just fork it instead. All non-vanila entities credits goes to him.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 10:21:15 pm by rephikul »

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 16, 2011, 11:25:26 pm »

Whooo! So excited to play!

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 16, 2011, 11:32:47 pm »

Hmm. An interesting mod. I'll try it out tomarrow morning. For now, posting to watch.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22