Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Intensifying Mod ver 0.23  (Read 65140 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.07
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2010, 01:03:34 pm »

Hmm, whenever I try genning a world with version .07 it freezes when its "running rivers".

I tried a fresh version of DF and another download of the mod, but it didn't work.

I delete all the files in the in the objects folder, then proceed to paste all the files in the objects folder of the mod.
You no longer need to delete files, just copy stuff over. Check if errorlog.txt say anything. The reason I chose to stop people from deleting file is cause people often forgot to do so (oh the irony) and because phoebus also does some change to the language files so I have to leave that bit out if I want to delegate that bit onto him entirely.

Should have read the installation notes a tad closer.

But it worked, thanks.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2010, 12:33:42 pm »

Bug: When you try to build a Jumping Room and don't have the required materials, it says you need "rock" breastplate/helm/shield.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2010, 09:06:16 pm »

Bug: When you try to build a Jumping Room and don't have the required materials, it says you need "rock" breastplate/helm/shield.
Expected. It's same as when fey dwarves demand "rock" bars, by which he they actually mean metal.

Since you are building that, can you also keep watch on how building training perform comparing to sparing and demonstrations? All dwarves have lv2 in students since a few versions ago to encourage those activities. Since workshop training cost material, I expect it to grant xp faster.
Intensifying Mod v0.23 for 0.31.25. Paper tigers are white.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2010, 04:57:28 pm »

Expected. It's same as when fey dwarves demand "rock" bars, by which he they actually mean metal.

Since you are building that, can you also keep watch on how building training perform comparing to sparing and demonstrations? All dwarves have lv2 in students since a few versions ago to encourage those activities. Since workshop training cost material, I expect it to grant xp faster.

For weapon training at least, its worth it. Not crazy XP gain, but much faster than regular sparring. The issue is trying to get military dwarves to use it. I only got it to work by setting up the workshop profile for "only novice and up", and deactivating the squad I want to train. I'm not experienced in modding, but is it possible to set it up like archery targets/barracks?

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2010, 12:15:53 am »

For weapon training at least, its worth it. Not crazy XP gain, but much faster than regular sparring. The issue is trying to get military dwarves to use it. I only got it to work by setting up the workshop profile for "only novice and up", and deactivating the squad I want to train. I'm not experienced in modding, but is it possible to set it up like archery targets/barracks?
I've always used burrows to keep the persons i want hugging these buildings, like how I do with siege machine practice. There's no raw to set up training area right now... The issue I've noticed so far is when they grab fat from some large animal like elephants, which clutter the workshop and slow things down tremendously. I think i'd do something with fat's weight.. (Mass) Fat rendering shouldnt be that much slower then cooking to begin with.
Prepacked Dwarf Fortress with Intensifying mod v.0.23, Phoebus graphics set, DFhack, Dwarf Therapist, Runesmith and a specialized custom worldgen param.

Savolainen5

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a wug.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2010, 07:32:55 am »

Just recently started playing this and am currently plagued by elephants à la Boatmurdered.  AWESOME.  Also, I have SO LITTLE SHALE, which is my only building material, keh heh.  More work for the miners.
A small creature sometimes found on paper.  It is small.  Its eyes are black. It is adored by children for its cuteness.
(On a picture of cavies):
We see a family of small land rodents.
Dwarfs see masterpiece roasts.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2010, 12:18:25 pm »

How come I can't use spoilerite to make armor anymore?

IT says I need like 450 wafers for a breastplate.

Me no like.
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

Also, much scarier if literally clowns.

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2010, 12:23:11 pm »

How come I can't use spoilerite to make armor anymore?

IT says I need like 450 wafers for a breastplate.

Me no like.
That's actually working as intended, 1 wafer = 150 units.
EDIT: ... Gotta admit that sent chill down my spine considering I have barely 500 stones of raw spoiler on current embark ._.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 12:27:15 pm by rephikul »

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2010, 01:02:30 pm »

I have many wafers, but I still cant make things...maybe the wafer value is off?

Also, I have the Fortress defense mod installed.
!!Elves!! would actually be kinda cool as a civ symbol.  !!Clowns!!, however, you get the impression they're on fire of their own free, malicious, evil, will.

mrbobbyg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2010, 01:03:14 pm »

Awesome mod btw!

I don't want to only complain, it's a really sweet piece of work and you really added a lot by umm...un adding.

=)

**EDIT**

I am a dumb.  It works properly.  I just had no idea how slowly my extractors were working.

Awesome mod!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 01:11:09 pm by mrbobbyg »

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
Re: Intensifying Mod ver 0.XMAS
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2010, 02:50:37 am »

0.08 changes
+ Added worthless stone -> other worthless stone reactions
+ Tweaked grass trample
+ Fixed dwarven age
+ Buffed elves
+ Fixed Fortress defense mod sprites
+ Revised training-related items
+ Experimental Ironhand & Mayday support

== Added worthless stone -> other worthless stone reactions ==
This version is for you, control freaks megaproject builders. If any of you noticed, I made a topic on this yesterday altho gathered nothing of interest. However I went ahead and did what I thought would be proper anyway. The new building and reactions allow you to make these stones:

Spoiler: boring data (click to show/hide)
The reaction is very simple, 20 worthless stones + 1 bin -> 1 bin with 10 worthless blocks of choice inside. The bin can then be quickly hauled to wherever your construction site is. Would this be faster then catapult express? Maybe not if you have legendary operators. However the flexibility is unparalleled IMO. I've also thought about some oddities with this reaction such as how the 20 reagent stones must be the same or how you can make gypsum and magma safe stone and preference-included stones with other stones... But seriously, those stones are practically infinite, there's no shortage of them anyway. Thus it'd be much more simpler and effective to just let it work like this. The little nerd in me scream otherwise, but simplicity and efficiency is important while building mega projects. When you build mega projects, you'd think of overseeing complex infrastructures, not counting rocks.

== Tweaked grass trample ==
aesthetic change. I just feel grass trampling make the fortress looking very dirty, hurt my eyes and prompting me to just floor all over those stuff. Now only mega beasts have grass trample. You can look at the trail of trampled grass and clearly recall the past destructions :)

== Buffed elves ==
Regardless of what people bitch and whine, they have been bullying elves since forever. First tree chopping then latter robbing caravans. Elves got nothing to fend for themselves cause they are pansies. I have 2 options to solve this. 1) Buff elven gears. 2) Buff elves directly. Elven gears drop when they get killed, negating any sorts of superiority that may have conveyed as well as require extra stuff to be added in the game. Thus I simply buffed elves directly. They are now better at fighting, especially against dwarven technologies.

== Revised training-related items ==
Unnerfed the training workshops and removed the training spears. Now using workshop to train is very consistent in speed. If you have a good champion or something, that might still be better but remember that using workshop is still counted as civilian task. Using what is up to you.

== Experimental Ironhand & Mayday support ==
This could have been done much better and cleaner but I'm still waiting for ironhand's words so I dont want to tweak too much. On the other hand I have other commitments during this holiday so I need to push this version early ;p I hope these addition wont be too bad. If you see any things looking wierd, kindly let me know.

Spoiler: dropped feature (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 02:59:02 am by rephikul »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2010, 03:56:20 am »

Hey, great mod here.
You could give elves steel teeth and innate master biter skill.  ;D
By the way will they send guards with their caravans?
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

rephikul

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_IDEA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2010, 04:10:55 am »

By the way will they send guards with their caravans?
No, you can still rob them. It's intended behavior.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2010, 06:09:52 pm »

"The dwarves were unable to complete the Danger Room"

This occurred right when it was finishing gathering supplies for it. All the items are spread about the room I made for it. The only reason I can think this might happen is that my military dwarves picked up the battle axes I had intended for it.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2010, 06:21:35 pm »

*Looks at mod*
So bacialy, you had dwarf fortress, a game that prides itself on unholy levels of detail, and you took that out. To be honest, I hate the premise, but I like the mod! I don't know why this works, and I feel bad for liking it...

I hate you Rephikul, why do you have to make ☼mods☼ that conflict with my ideal views with the world? Games should be more complex, not less, this makes no sense!

‼HEADSPLOSIONS‼

Aliright, I'm done. Going to go back to slaving over a hot notepad document, but will play this a little more some time.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22