Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14

Author Topic: Don't OutGuess the Mod Mafia 3 - Actually Started  (Read 16405 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Don't OutGuess the Mod Mafia 3 - Actually Started
« Reply #180 on: December 18, 2010, 09:57:28 pm »

The break is slightly longer due to technical issues.

Please endure.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: December 19, 2010, 10:04:21 am »

*BAM!*

What was that?

Oh my God! He's been shot! Mr.Person's been shot! Somebody call an ambulance!

He's currently in critical condition right now, folks, and while I'd like to stop the game, I'm afraid I can't. Leaving now forfeits all your money, which is inconveniently stolen from you when you leave the park.

We've also just now discovered the Mr.Person was, in fact, a Ne'er-Do-Well. So, luckily, you only have one person left to go.

And you may bid up to $200 on someone to win their bid today.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 19, 2010, 11:47:15 pm »

Did anyone get robbed last night?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: December 20, 2010, 12:06:11 am »

FYI, I've been absent because finals.  Those should be over after Tuesday evening.
I don't know why everyone else has been so lurky, though.
Did anyone get robbed last night?
Not I.
Kamina, for some of us, items ARE cash. Saying that is probably going to make me a target, but whatever, that information should be made known.

Anyway, how do you figure out what any role is? You scumhunt and you investigate.

I don't know if this game will become active again or not, but I'm going to do this, if anything, to investigate and stir up discussion.

I'm going to bet half my remaining wealth on Glyphgryph to be kicked out. I'm pulling an utter lack of scumtells on anyone in this game, really, however, Glyphgryph having a lot of money concerns me greatly.

I'm going to bet the other half of my remaining wealth on Glyphgryph to win his bet. Glyphgryph can probably force anyone he likes out with sheer cash, so yeah.

Just think of it as the desperate act on my part to resuscitate this game; and if this game is already dead, then whatever. Either way, I expect something to happen.
By items are cash, do you mean they have a betting value?  I know I have one worth some money.  But it also has a separate, if mostly useless use.  I think it was something more important in Pandar's case, however, since he was so mad about it.

Yes, but I see no way a roleblocker would act differently than vanilla scum.

Why are you concerned about him having lots of cash, if you think that the scum has a bunch too?  Why do you want to get rid of people with lots of cash?

Also, limit of $200 vote today, so yeah.  He's not forcing anyone around.  Does that revelation make you want to change your bet?

I would like this game alive too.  Hopefully something happens.

Also, ne'er-do-well shot, yay!  So I guess we can assume someone had some kind of killing implement.  I wonder if it was one use or multiples?

Anyway, I've got pretty mcuh nothing, and the rampant lurking this game hasn't helped.  Seriously town, step it up.  I know I haven't been helping much, but that's because of finals.  Surely some of you could have posted in here more?  I don't want to see this game die.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 20, 2010, 02:37:43 am »

I got nothing stolen from me, but I AM willing to say what I have and what it does if its worthwhile.

Like KaminaSquirtle, it seems pretty worthless, and it isn't even particularly valuable.

I've tried sending it it's "action" just now though, if it can even be called that. I'll let you guys know if I get back any useful information.

Kamina, have you tried using your worthless item?

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #185 on: December 20, 2010, 11:22:14 am »

My item isn't just worthless... it's basically just an alternate form of currency. But anyway.

Can we even switch our bets? I was under the impression that bets were locked in permanently.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: December 20, 2010, 12:40:40 pm »

The mafia actually seems to be at a big disadvantage in this game.  We seem to effectively have a lynch (and possibly a vig), while they have no kill.  It's a serious possibility that they have some kind of trick up their sleeves to balance it.

Hey, GlyphGryph.  Is there a reason why you offered to take over Vector's role as well as your own?  Perhaps because you already knew her role?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 20, 2010, 07:18:53 pm »

I'll just outright say - my item was Credit Card, worth 1000 dollars but only activated when I ran out of cash.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: December 20, 2010, 10:00:37 pm »

Argem, that was answered.  A bet is done when it's bet.

What if we're looking at this the wrong way?  What if the "lynch" is actually a mafia daykill, and the votes don't control it?  The only scum death has been at night, and town's going during the day.  There'd have to be some mechanism so the scum can't just run away with the votes, though.... maybe a bet limit?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 22, 2010, 09:52:24 am »

Leafsnail,

Because then I would be TWO PEOPLE! Jeez, do you even have to ask for that one! Oh man, so much fun - either I'm guaranteed to win or I'm far more likely to win! But no, I don't know what her role is.

Also, Leaf, I'd assume the gun that killed the guy is an item, and hypothetically the scum are the ones able to steal (since all the townie "abilities" seem to be item related). Since the scum could conceivably steal all our townie "powers", might that be the balance?

Also, I have the remarkable ability to tell the time, thanks to my watch.

And Pandarsenic, that seems a bit strange, though certainly possible.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: December 22, 2010, 11:30:35 am »

If someone could do a Vote Count for me, that'd be awesome. I had on almost done, but the internet failed me once more.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: December 22, 2010, 07:48:50 pm »

... wat.

Did you put that in here when it was meant for BYOR5.5, wuba?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: December 22, 2010, 11:41:24 pm »

Finals over, yeah!

Kamina, have you tried using your worthless item?
No, it seems too risky to be worth using.
The mafia actually seems to be at a big disadvantage in this game.  We seem to effectively have a lynch (and possibly a vig), while they have no kill.  It's a serious possibility that they have some kind of trick up their sleeves to balance it.
I agree, maybe it's the stealing?  If they steal enough stuff they can sway the vote by brute force, and put people into bankruptcy too.
Also the betting on who wins their bets, not who is scum.  That may be intended to distract people from betting on who they suspect to be scum.
I'll just outright say - my item was Credit Card, worth 1000 dollars but only activated when I ran out of cash.
Damn, you rich bastard.  Of course now the scum has it...  Damn, you rich scummy bastard whoever you are.
What if we're looking at this the wrong way?  What if the "lynch" is actually a mafia daykill, and the votes don't control it?  The only scum death has been at night, and town's going during the day.
I don't think so.  I don't think it would give town enough input over the course of the game to be fair, or fun.
There'd have to be some mechanism so the scum can't just run away with the votes, though.... maybe a bet limit?
There's a $200 one today, if you look.
Also, Leaf, I'd assume the gun that killed the guy is an item, and hypothetically the scum are the ones able to steal (since all the townie "abilities" seem to be item related). Since the scum could conceivably steal all our townie "powers", might that be the balance?
I think so too.
Also, I have the remarkable ability to tell the time, thanks to my watch.
Wait, so are you saying that's your item?  What does it do, exactly?  Tell the real time, or the time left int he day, or something?  That's even more useless than my item.
Which, by the way, are my dice.  I can roll them once a night, and perform a random action on any player I choose.  Like I said, it seems too risky to me.  I may help the scum, or even kill a townie.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 23, 2010, 08:22:18 am »

I tried using it, and the mod never responded, so I'm assuming it's even MORE useless than expected on account of how it is apparently broken and unable to do the one thing it was built to do. :/

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 23, 2010, 09:12:22 am »

Kamina:  I suppose you're right.

Did you kill Person with your dice?

Since we appear to be claiming, I have the business card of a loan shark.  Each night I can ask for $500, but I have an increasing chance to get beaten by his cronies every time I use it.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14