Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Favorite Industry?  (Read 4814 times)

Alastar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite Industry?
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2010, 09:21:55 am »

Some armour, mostly weapons. I mostly sell the junk and keep the good stuff... you can never have too many high-quality weapons/trap components. If there are dwarves who aren't armed to the teeth and room that don't contain gratuitious traps I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

kaapelikala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2010, 05:15:43 pm »

Mugs and puppy bone bolts. Also the occasional kitten skull totem.

With mugs only I was on the level of a county the first autumn. The liaison promoted Urist McFarmer only to a baron :(

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2010, 08:16:50 pm »

Come to think of it, I think the civ screen has it best; my main export is death.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

EvilFuzzy9

• Bay Watcher
  • The Uncommon Loon
    • View Profile
    • My Fanfiction.net Profile (Note: A lot of the information is outdated by virtue of the fact that I'm too lazy to change it)
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2010, 09:21:54 pm »

Stone crafts all the way. Let those humans and elves take our useless trinkets -- we'll take their food and booze (and animals, too, if we  can afford it).  While farms and stills are usually among the first things I set up, I've found that it's usually fairly difficult to produce enough foodstuffs at first, which makes trade necessary.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2010, 10:24:57 pm »

Really? After a couple seasons, I'm usually drowning in +[animal] tallow roasts+ because some hunter got a lucky shot on an elephant or something. Either that, or I have a few hundred fish waiting to be processed...

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2010, 10:38:26 pm »

My fortress go with a strong hospital, dwarf made platforms in the sky held up by staircases and bridges, value of the lives and provision of homes for domestic pets, and giant blade-wheel things.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2010, 10:49:17 pm »

I don't understand mahjong at all. Nevertheless, it's obviously an extremely badass, hardcore game. I never knew so much inner monologue and speedlines, not to mention reaction faces, were possible for a board game. It makes sense that dwarves would manufacture it.
Mahjong and hanafude...serious business. I mean I'll play spades with jailhouse rules and people who've actually been in the jailhouse no problem. But Mahjong and hanafude are kinda scary.

gralcio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2010, 10:55:24 pm »

Previously I was into dining halls.
It resulted in things like this: (A comment, just in case: Shape follows a theme of fort-cells, there is nothing more to it.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But lately, it's booooooooze. Main problem of my latest fortress is storage space for barrels. ATM @ 37k booze stockpiled. And before you read this, I will have more ^_^

Drakeero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2010, 12:13:38 am »

Farming and brewery.  For those of you who prefer to import all your food and drink... I'm your man er... dwarf.
Cage traps are my magma.

ArcticRabite

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2010, 05:07:30 am »

Always been fond of the bone industry.  It's not a huge moneymaker, but with at least 4 breeding pairs of animals, it's steady.  The first caravan is usually the only one I'm not bringing 30-50 bins of bone carvings to trade.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2010, 05:19:28 am »

I specialize in the oldest industry of them all. I have many customers that need to be processed but only a few customers that I actually have to deal with, can you guess what I do?
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

Demicus

• Bay Watcher
  • The formless enigma
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2010, 05:24:47 am »

I typically churn out rock instruments to sell to caravans, though my favorite industry would be glass, provided I have access to magma.
All shall embrace the unquenchable flame
Dwarf Fortress: The weak shall be culled, so the strong can have nicer socks.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2010, 07:19:36 am »

butchering turkey :)

Gr33kjester

• Bay Watcher
  • Marxism - For those who VALUE their Booze...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2010, 09:27:16 am »

My fortress go with a strong hospital, dwarf made platforms in the sky held up by staircases and bridges, value of the lives and provision of homes for domestic pets, and giant blade-wheel things.
Wait...
Your Hospital IS WORKING?!
Oh and my new favourite industry is the WEAPON and ARMOUR industry, for obvious reasons...
This is an enscribed adamantine dwarf-leg hammer.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes OF SHEER AWESOMENESS.

AngleWyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2010, 10:02:53 am »

I specialize in the oldest industry of them all. I have many customers that need to be processed but only a few customers that I actually have to deal with, can you guess what I do?

Hunter?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6