Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Certain (non-nerve/brain) injuries never heal?  (Read 2811 times)

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://sylverone.deviantart.com
Certain (non-nerve/brain) injuries never heal?
« on: November 17, 2010, 02:07:47 pm »

In adventure mode I've noticed that some injuries disappear entirely upon quick-travel, while others remain, even after resting for several days in a town. I've seen red, yellow, and brown injuries remain like this, so I'd like to know what's up. Shouldn't a brown injury be healed up within a week? Is it because of ligaments/tendons being torn (I haven't seen any of those on the wounds screen in these cases; are they displayed)?

Also, to apply splints and bandages, do I just 'I'nteract with them? I've haven't had the chance to use one yet, but I've been carrying them around, just in case.

Emily Murkpaddled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Certain (non-nerve/brain) injuries never heal?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 02:10:03 pm »

If you cross-reference your Health and Description pages it might give you a bit more of an insight into whatever lingering injuries you have. I've seen parts remain browned out permanently just because of scars, but also sometimes because of internal nerve damage that will never heal -- likewise for the yellow or red things. I think generally that permanent browning is scarring and anything worse is nerve damage, but if you've checked the Health -> Wounds screen and it says there's no nerve damage I don't really know what to tell ya. :O

ribosom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 02:17:35 pm »

Hmm... My last adventurer had a toe that was cut open and broken and never healed.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 02:18:50 pm »

Hmm... My last adventurer had a toe that was cut open and broken and never healed.

So did mine. It also got infected.

Daywalkah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2010, 03:04:04 pm »

My adventurer's toe is cut open, broken, and infected as well. I hope I don't die of infection.
Magma cancels flow; interrupted by Ironblood.

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 04:31:32 pm »

My adventurer's toe is cut open, broken, and infected as well. I hope I don't die of infection.
Synchronicities. My companion's second toe, right foot is smashed open and broken. Not infected at the moment...

But what about splints? I've heard they can be applied in adventure mode, but I didn't find any mention whatsoever about how.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 04:40:37 pm »

ಠ_ಠ
My adventurer's right ear and nose have had their cartilage shattered, and have been that way for a month.
Another adventurer has the same problem, but with the foot as well.
Lovely infections too.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 04:49:48 pm »

My first adventurer (who didn't die on his first adventure) ended up with a shattered right thumb nail. Infected, of course.
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2010, 06:19:57 pm »

One of my adventurers had no companions and both her hands were completely shattered, so she couldn't fight. I was running to a human fortress after I was ambushed by bogeymen, everybody was asleep, but then out of nowhere a ton of soldiers kick down the tower doors and charge the bogeymen. I guess they heard my adventurer's screams of terror while she was running towards the door.

td;lr?
Both hands broken permanently, ambushed by bogeymen, saved by heroic guards.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2010, 06:56:36 pm »

>td;lr?<
You're doing it wrong.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Kamamura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2010, 06:56:56 pm »

I assume a competent kicker and dodger could still ... kick some ass ;-)
The entire content consists of senseless murder, a pile of faceless naked women and zero regard for human life in general, all in the service of the protagonist's base impulses. It is clearly a cry for help from a neglected, self absorbed and disempowered juvenile badly in need of affectionate guidance. What a sad, sad display.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2010, 07:01:18 pm »

I assume a competent kicker and dodger could still ... kick some ass ;-)
I never, ever use kicking. It rarely works because I never invest points in it. I DO make myself atleast a competent dodger, you don't need armor if you simply are capable of jumping out of the way.

Javarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2010, 08:08:21 pm »

My last adventurer fought a wolf, It bite his left arm and did nerve dammage. He could never have a shield or sword on at the same time again.
“When you cut pieces out of the truth to avoid looking like a fool you end up looking like a moron instead.”
― Robin Hobb, Assassin's Apprentice

Sylverone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2010, 08:52:12 pm »

you don't need armor if you simply are capable of jumping out of the way.
I would say you don't need armor as often. Eventually, a lucky +steel arrow+ might come along, and that's that.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2010, 09:37:11 pm »

Permanently broken toes is not the toes themselves, but nails.
Nail tissue doesn't heal. You can fix that by adding something like [HEALING_RATE:1000] to the nail tissue entry in tissue_template_default.txt; same with cartilage probably.
Pages: [1] 2 3