Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Mafia Salad: Put away your salad forks! [Game Over]  (Read 48115 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Salad: Lettuce Begin!
« Reply #195 on: December 13, 2010, 12:57:43 pm »

Vote Count:

Argembarger: {0} 
NativeForeigner: {2}  Argembarger, inteuniso
inteuniso: {1}  NativeForeigner

Not Voting:

Day 4 ends Wednesday, 12/15 at 11 PM EST.

One shorten request heard.   Two required to end the day.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Salad: Put on ice
« Reply #196 on: December 13, 2010, 01:07:12 pm »

I'm heaing out for now, so I can only vote against the extension for now and unvote. When I get back, I'm reading through the forums again. You bring up very good points, Argem, especially the point that you BOTH voted Logismo. It's had me very confused and unsure in this final legging, bug I'm determined to figure this out. Whomever's town out of you two, don't fall for the scum's trap. They're trying to make up for not winning the game the last day.

Another reason why I'm not scum. I won my very first scum game by causing a tie in LYLO. Why wouldn't I do that again?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 13, 2010, 01:13:08 pm »

Whoops, I meant vote against the shorten.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 13, 2010, 07:15:07 pm »

Thank you for making it that much more obvious. Why wouldn't you just lylo. Oh, that's right, you did that the first day.

And if you had, we could have looked at your previous history realized that it was mighty scummy of you to pull that twice, and that would have been yet another of your scumtells.

Thank you for looking that up for me; I didn't realize you had done that. Let's end this.
Shorten the Day. End it now.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: December 13, 2010, 07:29:55 pm »

Vote Count:

Argembarger: {0} 
NativeForeigner: {2}  Argembarger, inteuniso
inteuniso: {0} 

Not Voting: NativeForeigner

Day 4 ends Wednesday, 12/15 at 11 PM EST.

Two shorten requests heard and one objection.  Since at least 51% of votes after subtracting objections must be for shorten, the day cannot be shortened while the objection is in place.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: December 13, 2010, 07:40:59 pm »

And if you had, we could have looked at your previous history realized that it was mighty scummy of you to pull that twice, and that would have been yet another of your scumtells.

I'm not really sure what you're saying here. Pull what twice? Winning the game as scum twice? It doesn't matter if it looks scummy at that point, scum would have fun. If it's LYLO and there's a tie, that means no one gets lynched. Then the scum gets their NK. That would have left two Townies and two Scum, an automatic loss for town. So regardless of how scummy it would have been for me to pull that twice, it would have still won me the game, so why WOULDN'T I do it?

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 14, 2010, 05:59:40 pm »

Two shorten requests heard and one objection.  Since at least 51% of votes after subtracting objections must be for shorten, the day cannot be shortened while the objection is in place.

I'm sorry, what? 3 total votes=100% 2 votes would equal 66.6%. Where do you get that 2 votes out of 3 is not a majority?

Oh well. It ends tonight. I would like to see it end now, but tonight is good enough.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 14, 2010, 06:11:30 pm »

I'm getting nowhere with this. My posts are being largely ignored by a hard-headed town and it doesn't help that I look pretty damn scummy. I played a poor town game and I apologise. Well done, scum. End it now.

For the record, I'm fairly certain Argem was the scum.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 14, 2010, 10:56:38 pm »

NativeForeigner looks at the other two and sighs.  “I guess this is an end to my romaine around.”

Argembarger glares at him and laughs.  “We’ve peeled you to your inner layers!  I’m going to make you cry.”

Inteuniso flexes his arms.  “I’m going to give you a real crunch!”

Inteuniso holds NativeForeigner down while Argembarger beats him to death with a hammer.

Wait... weren’t the first murders done with a hammer?

Uh oh!

Argembarger the Mafia Onion trips inteuniso the Town Crouton, and visits a furious vengeance upon him with his deadly hammer.  He then runs out of the town square, steals a car, and escapes into the night.

Game over!  Argembarger and logismo of the Mafia win!

Full roles:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 14, 2010, 10:59:48 pm »

Night 1 actions:

Night 2 actions:

Night 3 actions:

Dead chat:
http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/pA5Wj7u9X3TLk

Scum chat:
http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/hZkqjS7Xk8Sn

Oh, and inteuniso:  Native's objection counted as an anti-vote, so it was 2-1=1 out of 3 that voted for the shorten.  When he changed his mind, that was it.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Salad: Put away your salad forks! [Game Over]
« Reply #205 on: December 14, 2010, 11:10:11 pm »

Toooooooold you. Next time don't blindly follow he who has the first word on the last day.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 14, 2010, 11:11:14 pm »

Dead chat's SOOOO exciting.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 14, 2010, 11:15:06 pm »

I was quite disappointed with dead chat.  logismo narrowly dodging the lynch twice was pretty impressive, though.

ToonyMan has a LYLO scumtell- he who votes first is scum.  I've seen it happen several times.

Anyway, I hope everyone enjoyed this game- it was nice to not have any replacements.  I'm still getting my bearings for modding and such, so I'd welcome any feedback.  Thanks to Mephansteras for helping me balance!

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 14, 2010, 11:22:35 pm »

I enjoyed it. And I just got done reading the scumchat, I immediately knew for sure it was you when you voted for a shorten, Argem, but it was too late for me. :P
Well done.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 15, 2010, 12:57:17 am »

ToonyMan has a LYLO scumtell- he who votes first is scum.  I've seen it happen several times.

Interestingly, I generally avoid posting first as scum for precisely that reason.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16