Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Mafia Salad: Put away your salad forks! [Game Over]  (Read 48142 times)

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
Re: Mafia Salad: Lettuce Begin!
« Reply #135 on: December 02, 2010, 03:29:49 pm »

I'm going to need a little more info before I make a vote. Please talk amongst yourselves.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2010, 03:31:41 pm »

I'm going to need a little more info before I make a vote. Please talk amongst yourselves.
I don't like this post.  Do you expect us to scumhunt for you?

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2010, 03:41:49 pm »

Yes.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2010, 03:43:01 pm »

I'm still feeling a Taco Dan lynch. My opinion of him hasn't changed, not from Night 1 and definitely not from that declaration of intent to active-lurk just now.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2010, 03:43:37 pm »

Yes.
That is so scummy, it's not scummy.
Why are you WIFOMing us?

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2010, 03:49:46 pm »

So do I have to specify when I'm sarcastic? Because it doesn't really look like you can get it on your own. No, I'm not expecting you to scumhunt for me, I just need a conversation to start up, and I think this helped quite nicely.
I'm trying to make my own inferences, and right now the only person I can tell looks like scum is me.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2010, 03:56:21 pm »

I still don't like the look of Taco Dan, but I'm going to work on someone else for now, since I don't think we're going to get much out of him.
Logismo, I have no solid suspicions yet. Nobody has even reached ten posts yet, and few of us have even reached five. What we HAVE posted is more randomvote than substance.

I agree. :)

Unvote
Why are you so passive here, Logismo?  Trying not to upset anyone by voting them?
Dariush

You want to lynch someone so I think I will vote for you. You seem to be casting suspicion off of yourself onto everyone else under the guise for being reasonable. Why should I trust you?
I don't like this post either.  What do you mean by "you want to lynch someone so I think I will vote for you"?  How is lynching someone bad?
I am keeping my vote, because I don't like Dariush's ability to dodge votes and turn the mob on me. I think he is, whether or not scum, making it a lot harder to narrow down who it is.

I never "band-wagonned", if anything the bandwagon is to vote for me. I was suspicious of Dariush so I asked him why I should trust him and all he did was point the finger at me, ignoring my question.
Of course he ignored your question, how did expect it to help?  How is someone supposed to answer a question like that?

Explain yourself, logismo.

PPE:
So do I have to specify when I'm sarcastic? Because it doesn't really look like you can get it on your own. No, I'm not expecting you to scumhunt for me, I just need a conversation to start up, and I think this helped quite nicely.
I'm trying to make my own inferences, and right now the only person I can tell looks like scum is me.
I think my sarcasm detector needs a tune-up.

And just a little tip, don't say you look like scum, no matter how true that may be.  I took a lot of heat in paranormal for that.

And if you want to find scum, the key is pressuring them until they do something scummy.  So I suggest that's where you start.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2010, 04:23:46 pm »

@Taco Dan

It's generally not a good idea to be sarcastic, man. Not in Mafia.

You're dealing with a group of people that are carefully scrutinizing each other's posts for any clues as to their alignment or role. Not a good idea to start making jokes, especially deadpan ones, because we cannot derive your emotions from plain text. I hate to say Mafia is serious business, because really it isn't, it's just a game, but we should play it as if it were serious business, because otherwise it's just a random crapshoot.

You just need to be useful and stop dropping blatant scumtells. You have the whole weekend at your disposal.

If you absolutely must make jokes or be sarcastic, just realize that it can be perceived as the gallows humor of cornered scum.

Also, logismo is right underneath you in my scumlist, at present, so he does indeed have some explaining to do.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 02, 2010, 07:42:22 pm »

I'm not happy that Taco Dan got out of the lynch by not looking any less scummy at all whatsoever.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

logismo

• Bay Watcher
  • the answer to life the universe and everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 02, 2010, 08:37:56 pm »

@ Kamina:I like your overall reasoning in the past posts and your request of an explanation is perfectly sound. I have been inactive this week and would like to plead my case as innocent, I do have a slightly helpful role but failed to be present to use it last night! I'm hoping this will keep me in long enough to keep making a positive impact on the game. It's last resort because I feel like there is no way to defend my behavior and my role might keep me around.

In regards to the killing of the morning I don't think the scum are inexperience, I think they could have killed a "floater/lurker" to avoid controversy/suspicion.

Dariush My suspicion remains, can you explain your "alibi" last night. (Why wouldn't you have killed Flintus, etc.)
"Only the educated are free." - Epictetus

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2010, 08:47:24 pm »

@ Kamina:I like your overall reasoning in the past posts and your request of an explanation is perfectly sound. I have been inactive this week and would like to plead my case as innocent, I do have a slightly helpful role but failed to be present to use it last night! I'm hoping this will keep me in long enough to keep making a positive impact on the game. It's last resort because I feel like there is no way to defend my behavior and my role might keep me around.

In regards to the killing of the morning I don't think the scum are inexperience, I think they could have killed a "floater/lurker" to avoid controversy/suspicion.

Dariush My suspicion remains, can you explain your "alibi" last night. (Why wouldn't you have killed Flintus, etc.)
This is very agreeable and all, but I don't see an explanation of anything in here.  You say you have a semi-helpful role.  While this is a possibility, we've found two town power roles already, and Toaster said it was a standard game, so I don't think there's more than 3 town PRs for sure, and I think 2 is more likely.  You even said it was a last resort.  Looks like a last resort to save your scummy self.

Killing a lurker to avoid suspicion is not a good move for scum.  A more experienced scum player would know this.
I think you are telling us your scumteam's reasoning for killing Flintus.  I did this myself in my first game.

Did you even read the thread?  Dariush is dead.  So is Flintus.  Why aren't you paying attention, scum?

logismo

• Bay Watcher
  • the answer to life the universe and everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2010, 11:06:41 pm »

Oh shit. Lol! Nevermind. This isn't my first forum mafia game but it IS on this site and it is very different here. Scum could be new but I would never underestimate them.

Unvote

I'm going to reread posts and return with a hunch...
"Only the educated are free." - Epictetus

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2010, 11:55:15 pm »

Vote Count:

Pandarsenic: {0} 
Argembarger: {0} 
Taco Dan: {2}  Argembarger, Pandarsenic
NativeForeigner: {0} 
inteuniso: {0} 
KaminaSquirtle: {0} 
logismo: {1}  KaminaSquirtle

Not Voting: NativeForeigner, logismo, inteuniso, Taco Dan

Day 2 ends Monday, 12/6 at 11 PM EST.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Salad: Egg on your face
« Reply #148 on: December 03, 2010, 12:54:47 am »

Oh shit. Lol! Nevermind. This isn't my first forum mafia game but it IS on this site and it is very different here. Scum could be new but I would never underestimate them.

If I read that right, that was an admission of scummy-ness, logismo.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Salad: Egg on your face
« Reply #149 on: December 03, 2010, 07:03:57 am »

I am not freed from suspicion even after death...  :'(

You betrayed one of your own. I hate you all with a frying hate.
[/bah post]
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16