Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Mafia Salad: Put away your salad forks! [Game Over]  (Read 48159 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Salad: Lettuce Begin!
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2010, 10:56:49 am »

Vote Count:

Pandarsenic: {0} 
Argembarger: {0} 
Taco Dan: {1}  Argembarger
Flintus10: {1}  Taco Dan
NativeForeigner: {0}
inteuniso: {0} 
KaminaSquirtle: {0} 
Dariush: {1}  logismo
logismo: {3}  inteuniso, Dariush, Pandarsenic

Not Voting: KaminaSquirtle, NativeForeigner, Flintus10

Day 1 ends Monday, 11/29 at 11 PM EST, ~12 hours from this post.

One vote for and one vote against extension.  Three more pro-extension votes needed to extend.

Reminder- please bold extension requests and oppositions.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2010, 12:28:50 pm »

We're not going to get much further with an extension, it's a better idea to do what we can now and let the day end tonight. We can get a clue from who gets NKed and actually do something productive on day 2.
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2010, 12:29:34 pm »

I vote to NOT extend.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2010, 06:20:29 pm »

Extension

I want to hear more from KaminaSquirtle before we move on.

I will assume Dariush and Native are our scumteam if they don't withdraw their attempts to stifle the day's discussion because they're happy with a mislyunch.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2010, 06:22:41 pm »

Hey, I don't really care one way or the other, but if we get an extension, don't expect me to post much until day 2.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2010, 08:37:14 pm »

Extension, at least let me vote, jegus.
Firstly, you guys have hardly got anything, just screwing around with flavor and weak evidence.  No reason not to extend.
Secondly, Native, I know you're new, but are you SERIOUSLY suggesting we lynch someone random?  That's insane.  Not to mention that is contradicts this post:
To avoid a currently unwarranted lynch, unvote.

Inteuniso, do you intend for your time away from Mafia to act as a prop to make you seem less threatening to either scum or town?
Or are you suggesting a no lynch?  That's also insane, it gets us no where nearer to finding scum AT ALL.
You also random voted him without a question, then unvoted as soon as you realized someone else voted him.  Why did you do that?
Also the parroting Pandar pointed out.
Hey, I don't really care one way or the other, but if we get an extension, don't expect me to post much until day 2.
I may have missed something, but why?

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2010, 09:22:39 pm »

I'd rather have no lynch on this first day, as I've been saying. An extension puts more risk on a mislynch in my opinion. But, nobody's recalling their vote, so I change my mind, extension please. So Kamina can have a word or two.

Kamina, I, in no way, suggested we lynch someone at random. I suggested the opposite. Please re-read the forums.

Or are you suggesting a no lynch?  That's also insane, it gets us no where nearer to finding scum AT ALL.
You also random voted him without a question, then unvoted as soon as you realized someone else voted him.  Why did you do that?
Also the parroting Pandar pointed out.

I'm not suggesting no lynch, but no lynch would be better than a mislynch. We mislynch and we lose 2 townies. We don't lynch and we lose 1 and have a better idea at who might be scum.
I randomvoted at first to see how the pressure would be handled and I unvoted to, as I said, avoid lynching someone without reason.
The parroting was because

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2010, 09:30:56 pm »

I thought the post had failed, but it was sent prematurely. :/

Anyway, as I was saying, if we go with no lynch rather than a likely mislynch, we only lose one town and have a better idea as to who the Scum is based on the NK.

I unvoted Pandar after someone else voted for him to avoid a potential bandwagoning that wasn't yet deserved.

And the parroting was because I had no original idea at the time and I needed to post, so I sought to reinforce a given idea. But I guess that wasn't a very good plan.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2010, 09:48:42 pm »

Unvote.

I'm not suggesting no lynch, but no lynch would be better than a mislynch. We mislynch and we lose 2 townies. We don't lynch and we lose 1 and have a better idea at who might be scum.
I randomvoted at first to see how the pressure would be handled and I unvoted to, as I said, avoid lynching someone without reason.
The parroting was because
I thought the post had failed, but it was sent prematurely. :/

Anyway, as I was saying, if we go with no lynch rather than a likely mislynch, we only lose one town and have a better idea as to who the Scum is based on the NK.

I unvoted Pandar after someone else voted for him to avoid a potential bandwagoning that wasn't yet deserved.

And the parroting was because I had no original idea at the time and I needed to post, so I sought to reinforce a given idea. But I guess that wasn't a very good plan.
No.  No we don't.  No lynching does nothing helpful at all.  It gives the scum a free kill.  There's too much WIFOM involved to have any chance of divining anything from a NK.  We get more info from the roleflip of a suspicious person.  Either we've
a)  killed a mafia
b)  got rid of someone who would screw us over at LYLO.

I've seen attitude quite a bit from new players, though, so I don't think this is a scumtell.

Oh no two people voted Pandar huge bandwagon HAMMER!
Nope, doesn't work that way.  Still seems like a new player mistake.

I don't take too much issue with the parroting, it's just something to watch.

I'll still be watching you though, you're still suspicious.

Dariush, explain why you wanted to stop me from contributing today, and shut down discussion.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2010, 10:09:34 pm »

With Toaster's kind permission, a Public Service Announcment:
Do you despise being considered just arugula-r guy? Want others to relish your op-onions? Ass-salt them with your pepper-ception!
Olive it up as a sage and plant your seed under their dressing! Toss the LurkerTracker around today, like you mint it!

LurkerTracker®

Argembarger has 12 posts; last on: 2010/11/29 12:22, 8 hours ago. Red text: Taco Dan. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12]
Dariush has 10 posts; last on: 2010/11/29 08:19, 12 hours ago. Red text: unvote Argembarger, vote logismo. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10]
Flintus10 has 5 posts; last on: 2010/11/28 23:42, 21 hours ago. Red text: unvote. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5]
KaminaSquirtle has 3 posts; last on: 2010/11/29 21:48, 0 hours ago. Red text: Dariush. Posts: [1][2][3]
Moderator has 10 posts; last on: 2010/11/29 15:32, 5 hours ago. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10]
NativeForeigner has 10 posts; last on: 2010/11/29 21:30, 0 hours ago. Red text: unvote. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10]
Nonplayer has 1 posts; last on: 2010/11/29 11:04, 10 hours ago. Posts: [1]
Pandarsenic has 11 posts; last on: 2010/11/29 18:20, 2 hours ago. Red text: Unvote Dar, vote Logismo. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11]
Taco Dan has 4 posts; last on: 2010/11/29 18:22, 2 hours ago. Red text: Flintus10. Posts: [1][2][3][4]
inteuniso has 6 posts; last on: 2010/11/29 15:09, 5 hours ago. Red text: Logismo. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6]
logismo has 8 posts; last on: 2010/11/29 02:21, 18 hours ago. Red text: Dariush. Posts: [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8]

Replacements considered: Azure Sepulchre => KaminaSquirtle.

Notes:
1) The RedText finder is still experimental, but should be better now. Please let me know if it misses something. The red text itself is a link to the post where it happened.
2) Players who haven't posted in 36 hours or more will be highlighted and a prod automatically requested. Replacements considered are listed.
3) I'll drop in every few days with a new one if people find it useful. Let Toaster know if you object.
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2010, 11:24:28 pm »

I may have missed something, but why?
Well, I've made a decision, changing my vote to logismo now would seem like bandwagoning, Even if I make a case about it, there's nothing I can say that hasn't been said already. It ends up casting suspicion on me and I get mislynched and we get nowhere, and I kind of want to win this time. I just say we lynch logismo or NativeForeigner and see what happens.
I'm kind of leaning toward Native because he's been really defensive about lynching logismo, maybe his partner in crime, maybe not, only they and Toaster know.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2010, 01:22:32 am »

Sorry for the delay- Mod extended until morning (~10 AM EST) because I can't process dayend now.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2010, 03:15:46 am »

Unvote, vote Taco Dan

You are overly concerned with avoiding suspicion.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2010, 03:18:24 am »

And Native: You should only ever NL if there's an even number of players, which I believe is not possible to have happen in this setup.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2010, 09:00:05 am »

I will assume Dariush and Native are our scumteam if they don't withdraw their attempts to stifle the day's discussion because they're happy with a mislyunch.
That's the most insane suggestion I've seen in this topic since last logismo's post. The only reason I'm against extension is because the vote already stretched on for far too long and several more days won't bring anything except more bickering.

I just say we lynch logismo or NativeForeigner and see what happens.
So, you ARE offering a randomlynch without even trying to justify you actions. If I wasn't so sure in logismo being scum, I would vote for you.

Dariush, explain why you wanted to stop me from contributing today, and shut down discussion.
So, one more person who thinks me scum just because I voted against extension. To be honest, I thought that since you didn't post once except for your replacement, you were out of voting for the first turn, and even if you weren't, there was plenty of time for you to vote.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16