Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Mafia Salad: Put away your salad forks! [Game Over]  (Read 48171 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Salad: Lettuce Begin!
« Reply #60 on: November 25, 2010, 05:34:23 pm »

Flintus10, if you were town, who here would make up the most dangerous scumteam?

Again I don't know that many people here but I am fairly certain Panderesic is the most experieced and from what I've seen in other games hr is quite good scum player. And Azure Sepulchre is definetely excellent at playing scum and remaining hidden so I would probably say those two.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2010, 06:25:29 pm »

Clearly you haven't looked at my last several scum games. >_<

The questions we're asking need to be more game-relevant. Speaking of which, unvote inteuniso and vote Dariush. Why not take the initiative with that suggestion, mm?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2010, 12:03:09 am »

Vote Count:

Pandarsenic: {0} 
Argembarger: {1}  Dariush
Taco Dan: {1}  Argembarger
Flintus10: {1}  Taco Dan
NativeForeigner: {0}
inteuniso: {0} 
Azure Sepulchre: {1}  Flintus10
Dariush: {1}  Pandarsenic
logismo: {1}  inteuniso

Not Voting: logismo, Azure Sepulchre, NativeForeigner

Day 1 ends Monday, 11/29 at 11 PM EST
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

logismo

• Bay Watcher
  • the answer to life the universe and everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2010, 01:13:22 am »

Dariush

You want to lynch someone so I think I will vote for you. You seem to be casting suspicion off of yourself onto everyone else under the guise for being reasonable. Why should I trust you?
"Only the educated are free." - Epictetus

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2010, 08:21:00 am »

So, out of blue two people decide to vote against me almost simultaneously? That's pretty suspicious. So, I'll unvote Argembarger, whom I randomvoted and vote against logismo, whom I have solid ground to suspect now.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2010, 04:46:36 pm »

Dariush

You want to lynch someone so I think I will vote for you. You seem to be casting suspicion off of yourself onto everyone else under the guise for being reasonable. Why should I trust you?

1) Why are you bandwagoning?
2) Why are you parroting my reasoning for voting him?

Explain thyself. Now.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

logismo

• Bay Watcher
  • the answer to life the universe and everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2010, 03:16:22 am »

Dariush

1) Why are you bandwagoning?
2) Why are you parroting my reasoning for voting him?

I wouldn't call it bandwagoning, only one other person is voting for him, and it has no influence on my decision, which I explained.

Explain thyself. Now.

So, out of blue two people decide to vote against me almost simultaneously? That's pretty suspicious. So, I'll unvote Argembarger, whom I randomvoted and vote against logismo, whom I have solid ground to suspect now.

First of all, almost every vote so far has been pretty out of the blue, and I would hardly call this simultaneous, someone else voted for you a long while back. I can understand why you'd want to ignore my vote by pointing the finger at me but it won't work on everyone.
"Only the educated are free." - Epictetus

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2010, 01:33:44 pm »

Vote Count:

Pandarsenic: {0} 
Argembarger: {0} 
Taco Dan: {1}  Argembarger
Flintus10: {1}  Taco Dan
NativeForeigner: {0}
inteuniso: {0} 
Azure Sepulchre: {1}  Flintus10
Dariush: {3}  Pandarsenic, logismo
logismo: {2}  inteuniso, Dariush

Not Voting: Azure Sepulchre, NativeForeigner

Day 1 ends Monday, 11/29 at 11 PM EST
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:34:00 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2010, 02:01:55 pm »

Heh, yeah, I suppose a 19 hours difference is more or less simultaneous around here, isn't it?

I'm not really convinced, though: It's really hard to avoid parroting someone when your reason for voting them is exactly the same as theirs. You might as well just say "I'm voting you, for reasons: see above posts" or something, which looks slightly better I guess? I don't see it as being a big deal, either, as we're still a couple of days from the vote deadline. It's a far shot from a bandwagon-impulse-lynch or anything, if you consider 2 votes to be a bandwagon.

Anyway, Dariush, it was a fair point that Pandarsenic brought up: Why so antsy to lynch? It doesn't even seem like a mislynch would bother you, as long as someone gets lynched today. It's fine for you to have your own suspicions against logismo, but don't deflect the point entirely. Acknowledge it, because when you originally made the statement, you didn't have any solid suspects, effectively making the chance for a mislynch like 7/9 or something, which isn't very good odds at all.

So, are we going spend time until monday randomvoting and unvoting and let the scum kill one of us, repeat ad infinitum? We should start with someone. And by 'someone' I do NOT mean 'no one'.

Trying to rally for a lynch without worrying about mislynching and without sharing your own suspicions and thoughts seems really scummy, and, sure, you found a suspect, but it was after the original statement. Please justify the original statement or I will feel inclined to switch my vote to you as well.
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

NativeForeigner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2010, 11:01:14 pm »

Dariush, why are you so eager to lynch someone on day one? Each mislynch makes the Town weaker and brings scum closer to winning. Something you'd want to avoid unless you were scum yourself.

Logismo, why would you vote Dariush for being reasonable?
Yeah, you're a dick, NativeForeigner.
Quit being such a dick, you dick.
Maybe if you weren't such a dick you wouldn't be such a dick.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2010, 12:56:16 am »

Dariush, why are you so eager to lynch someone on day one? Each mislynch makes the Town weaker and brings scum closer to winning. Something you'd want to avoid unless you were scum yourself.

People need to stop parroting each other's exact reasons before someone gets hurt over it.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2010, 03:16:56 am »

Do you really expect to find the scum on day one? It's better to mislynch than wait until we're all picked off and do nothing. All right, maybe I was a bit mistaken about 'simultaneous' but I meant that I was voted by two people in a row. And wanting to lynch someone for (as logismo ADMITTED) being reasonable... I just can't explain how insane that is.
Also, why wasn't my vote change registered?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2010, 03:19:50 am »

Afterthought (yes, I really should think them before pressing 'post'):
After all, every active player but one has voted to lynch someone. Following your logic, they should be scum since they want to lynch someone, and the only way to show yourself as innocent is not to vote for anyone and get nightkilled one by one. I was merely the one who voiced my opinion.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2010, 03:32:37 am »

Triple post... oh well.
Acknowledge it, because when you originally made the statement, you didn't have any solid suspects, effectively making the chance for a mislynch like 7/9 or something, which isn't very good odds at all.
Trying to rally for a lynch without worrying about mislynching and without sharing your own suspicions and thoughts seems really scummy, and, sure, you found a suspect, but it was after the original statement. Please justify the original statement or I will feel inclined to switch my vote to you as well.
Note that I didn't say we all should randomvote a single person and go with it; I meant that we should stop squabbling and ending the vote in a draw and start actually searching for scum.  If you considered my offer to be randomvote (as everyone apparently did), then well, it's STILL better to lynch someone and have a chance for him to be scum than end the vote in a draw and SURELY lose one of our own at night.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2010, 04:55:55 am »

On account of many technically-true statements, I will unvote you despite that I do remain suspicious of you. Unvote Dar, vote Logismo for the flaws many and varied in what he's said and done, as pointed out by myself and others.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16