Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Mafia Salad: Put away your salad forks! [Game Over]  (Read 48147 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Salad: Lettuce Begin!
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2010, 09:14:12 am »

Vote Count:

Pandarsenic: {0} 
Argembarger: {0} 
Taco Dan: {2}  Argembarger, Pandarsenic
Flintus10: {1}  Taco Dan
NativeForeigner: {0} 
inteuniso: {0} 
KaminaSquirtle: {0} 
Dariush: {2}  logismo, KaminaSquirtle
logismo: {2}  inteuniso, Dariush,

Not Voting: NativeForeigner, Flintus10

Day 1 ends Tuesday, 11/30 at 10 AM EST, ~1 hour from this post.

Three votes for and one vote against extension.  One more pro-extension vote needed to extend.

Reminder- ties result in No Lynch.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2010, 09:22:12 am »

Hey, hey, whoa, whoa, hey. We currently have me, KaminaSquirtle, Pandarsenic and NativeForeigner voting to extend, and Dariush voting against it. That's 4-1; that should be enough right?
Quote from: penguinofhonor
Quote from: miauw62
This guy needs to write a biography about Columbus. I would totally buy it.
I can see it now.

trying to make a different's: the life of Columbus

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2010, 09:30:36 am »

Oops- good counting.

Day 1 has been extended until Tuesday, 11/30 at 11 PM EST

(Just extending until tonight due to previous mod-extension- you may ask for another if you'd like more time.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2010, 11:25:59 am »

Unvote, vote Taco Dan

You are overly concerned with avoiding suspicion.
Agreed here.
I will assume Dariush and Native are our scumteam if they don't withdraw their attempts to stifle the day's discussion because they're happy with a mislyunch.
That's the most insane suggestion I've seen in this topic since last logismo's post. The only reason I'm against extension is because the vote already stretched on for far too long and several more days won't bring anything except more bickering.
Why so touchy about someone calling you scum?  Don't want your cover blown?
So you'd written the day off.  That's something scum would do.  They'd be relieved at not having to worry about being caught that day.
I just say we lynch logismo or NativeForeigner and see what happens.
So, you ARE offering a randomlynch without even trying to justify you actions. If I wasn't so sure in logismo being scum, I would vote for you.
How can you be so sure so early in the game?  It's not like your evidence is that strong.
Dariush, explain why you wanted to stop me from contributing today, and shut down discussion.
So, one more person who thinks me scum just because I voted against extension. To be honest, I thought that since you didn't post once except for your replacement, you were out of voting for the first turn, and even if you weren't, there was plenty of time for you to vote.
So you thought I was out of voting for the first turn.  You making this assumption makes much more sense if you're scum.  A townie wouldn't just assume I'm out for the first turn.  That's something a mafia would think.
Who says there was plenty of time for me to vote?  How do you know what time I can get on?

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 30, 2010, 12:16:48 pm »

I will assume Dariush and Native are our scumteam if they don't withdraw their attempts to stifle the day's discussion because they're happy with a mislyunch.
That's the most insane suggestion I've seen in this topic since last logismo's post. The only reason I'm against extension is because the vote already stretched on for far too long and several more days won't bring anything except more bickering.
Why so touchy about someone calling you scum?  Don't want your cover blown?
You must be joking.
[sarcasm mode]
Yeah, come on, call me scum, I won't mind, I won't explain why I'm not one, blablabla. Come on, lynch me already, it's not as if I care!
[/sarcasm mode]
So you'd written the day off.  That's something scum would do.  They'd be relieved at not having to worry about being caught that day.
[sarcasm mode]
Oh yeah, and since I'm a townie I should be totally melancholic if I'm not getting lynched and utterly happy if I am.
[/sarcasm mode]

Dariush, explain why you wanted to stop me from contributing today, and shut down discussion.
So, one more person who thinks me scum just because I voted against extension. To be honest, I thought that since you didn't post once except for your replacement, you were out of voting for the first turn, and even if you weren't, there was plenty of time for you to vote.
So you thought I was out of voting for the first turn.  You making this assumption makes much more sense if you're scum.  A townie wouldn't just assume I'm out for the first turn.  That's something a mafia would think.
Who says there was plenty of time for me to vote?  How do you know what time I can get on?
Insane Troll Logic at it's finest, indeed. First of all, you state that you weren't out of voting and IMMEDIATLY contradict it by expressing doubt in your ability to post in time. Second, you had more than 24 hours in your disposal, and I would guess by applying for replacement near the end of the day you considered yourself able to stay connected for at least part of the remaining time.

I just say we lynch logismo or NativeForeigner and see what happens.
So, you ARE offering a randomlynch without even trying to justify you actions. If I wasn't so sure in logismo being scum, I would vote for you.
How can you be so sure so early in the game?  It's not like your evidence is that strong.
Yes, you know, you're right. Now that you pinpointed it, I'm now not sure at all that logismo's partner is Taco Dan. However, I am sure YOU are. Your statements are so stupid and paranoid and you are so striving to lynch someone you know isn't a scum (since you are one) that only one thing remains for me to do. Too bad it has to wait until day 2.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #110 on: November 30, 2010, 12:24:24 pm »

Unvote, vote Taco Dan

Exactly, because in my last game I got mislynched and we ended up losing. So if you want me to change my vote, fine.
Exactly, because in my last game I got mislynched and we ended up losing. So if you want me to change my vote, fine. unvote, vote NativeForeigner. Happy now?
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #111 on: November 30, 2010, 01:16:57 pm »

Unvote, vote Taco Dan

Exactly, because in my last game I got mislynched and we ended up losing. So if you want me to change my vote, fine.
Exactly, because in my last game I got mislynched and we ended up losing. So if you want me to change my vote, fine. unvote, vote NativeForeigner. Happy now?

Not happy.

You had your suspicions; as you said, you "made a decision", you were prepared to follow through with it, then Pandar comes along and votes you for being paranoid and avoiding suspicion, then you... change your vote, to avoid suspicion...

You're caving in to Pandar's pressure awfully quick, and you defensively vote Native for being defensive? Your old suspicion must not have been all that strong if you throw it away under a little scrutiny. Worrying about mislynches, huh? I'm sure.

All your vote does is make you look like you're panicking and changing course. You're being paranoid. You must have something to hide.

You're just giving me more and better reasons as to why my vote is on you, at this point.
I can see it now.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2010, 01:35:36 pm »

*sigh* Fine. Just lynch me and get it over with. I'm not really sure why trying to AVOID suspicion makes me suspicious. Should I do the opposite?

Hey! I'm scum! You'll never catch me! Hahaha!
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2010, 02:02:31 pm »

It's not that you're trying to avoid suspicion, it's how you went about it.

Hey, I don't really care one way or the other, but if we get an extension, don't expect me to post much until day 2.
I may have missed something, but why?
Well, I've made a decision, changing my vote to logismo now would seem like bandwagoning, Even if I make a case about it, there's nothing I can say that hasn't been said already. It ends up casting suspicion on me and I get mislynched and we get nowhere, and I kind of want to win this time. I just say we lynch logismo or NativeForeigner and see what happens.
I'm kind of leaning toward Native because he's been really defensive about lynching logismo, maybe his partner in crime, maybe not, only they and Toaster know.

Emphasis is mine.

You're going out of your way to defend yourself at a time when nobody's attacking you. You want to see logismo lynched but you're worried that everyone will jump on you for bandwagoning if you vote for him? So what? Vote who you think is scum. Lynch who you think is scum. Give good reasons for your votes. That's the important thing. Who cares if the town jumps on you? If you have nothing to hide, it won't be too hard to convince them of your innocence.

But apparently you're more worried about avoiding suspicion than lynching scum. You're jumpy, and acting like you have something to hide from the town. That's why you're under attack now.

*sigh* Fine. Just lynch me and get it over with. I'm not really sure why trying to AVOID suspicion makes me suspicious. Should I do the opposite?

Hey! I'm scum! You'll never catch me! Hahaha!

Wow, I sure hope there aren't any Jesters in this game.

If this is all you have to say, then I really want to see you hang.
I can see it now.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2010, 02:12:00 pm »

Would it be possible to vote for myself right now?

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2010, 02:16:12 pm »

It is absolutely possible.
I can see it now.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2010, 02:17:09 pm »

(unvote) Taco Dan seems a tiniest bit overreactive indeed...

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2010, 02:22:38 pm »

Unvote. Vote Taco Dan. I'm sorry for wasting your time everyone. I don't even know why I play Mafia when it pisses me off so much.

Argembarger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Not quite yet
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2010, 02:34:08 pm »

If Mafia is pissing you off, you're taking it personally. Try not to do that, it will stress you out beyond all belief.

Walk away for awhile and calm down. There are still 8.5 hours in the day.
I can see it now.

KaminaSquirtle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 30, 2010, 02:49:24 pm »

Unvote. Vote Taco Dan. I'm sorry for wasting your time everyone. I don't even know why I play Mafia when it pisses me off so much.
Yeah, just calm down.  You look more like a broken townie than anything to me.  These antics only hurt you.  Trust me, I know.  See the beginning of the current paranormal to see how much I know.
Insane Troll Logic at it's finest, indeed. First of all, you state that you weren't out of voting and IMMEDIATLY contradict it by expressing doubt in your ability to post in time. Second, you had more than 24 hours in your disposal, and I would guess by applying for replacement near the end of the day you considered yourself able to stay connected for at least part of the remaining time.
This is why I want you lynched.  Right here.
You're seriously overreacting here.  This post would have been perfectly fine without throwing things like Insane Troll Logic around.  I just applied some pressure.  That doesn't mean I thought were scum.  I just wanted to check how you reacted.
And boy, you reacted.
Yes, you know, you're right. Now that you pinpointed it, I'm now not sure at all that logismo's partner is Taco Dan. However, I am sure YOU are. Your statements are so stupid and paranoid and you are so striving to lynch someone you know isn't a scum (since you are one) that only one thing remains for me to do. Too bad it has to wait until day 2.
Still overreacting.  I wanted to know how you were so sure Logismo was scum, not Taco Dan.  I still want to know.
Oh man, here comes the OMGUS.  Yes, I am 'stupid and paranoid' for disagreeing with you and questioning your motives.

Whatever you say, scum.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16